Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymenxpac

I think an expansion to WoD will help things in that regard. It will be more spacious, and can be better organised. Will be interesting to see how that pans out.

if they insist upon expanding WoD, i hope they bring it in more non-disney retail for the other areas. the truth is: i can find pretty much anything disney i want at WoD. i don't need to find the same stuff in team mickey. or, for that matter, in the parks. they could make me love this a whole lot more if they used the WoD expansion to bring back unique merch. i know they won't, i'm just sayin'...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think an expansion to WoD will help things in that regard. It will be more spacious, and can be better organised. Will be interesting to see how that pans out.
I would like to believe that, but I think they will pack the additional square footage just like the existing space making it somewhat of a neutral effect in regards to how cramp the store feels.

Ignohippo

Not sure how they will expand the already enormous world of disney. Reclaim some space from the parking lot? Take over where Pollo Campero is now?

Bing! Bing! Bing! Pollo Campero was orange on the original map, so it's a goner. Makes sense the space would be used for WoD.

My question is what will happen to the Lego Store? It was orange on the map as well. The only new locations that size are the new ones over by The Art of Disney. I wonder if Lego is moving into one or both of those stores?

doctornick

Actual attractions. RSR, Ratatouille, Indiana Jones, Monsters would be a good start.

Actually, no. While I've love to see those rides added, they are certainly not what DHS "needs". Of any of the parks, it's the one that least needs height restricted thrill rides (which, while mild, applies to three of the four things you listed). What DHS desperately needs is a whole bunch of family friendly rides, for all ages.

(Not that I'd complain about any or all of those being built at DHS.)

wdw71fan

Pollo Campero will be closing after the summer season (when the lease expires).. The building is scheduled for demolition...
Moreover, The Current Pin Station will be demolished, as well as other original 'Disney Village' structures .. Earl of Sandwich will also receive a complete overhaul, adding permanent central A/C, as well as additional seating.

Once Upon a Toy will also be expanded, offering more Disney licensed products, not 'just' the theme park branded Disney toys.

Changes for DisneyQuest coming as well... Basically this project is a complete overhaul of the entire area, not as myopic as HW was.

There is so much more..... And no... no Adventurers Club.

GLaDOS

Actually, no. While I've love to see those rides added, they are certainly not what DHS "needs". Of any of the parks, it's the one that least needs height restricted thrill rides (which, while mild, applies to three of the four things you listed). What DHS desperately needs is a whole bunch of family friendly rides, for all ages.

(Not that I'd complain about any or all of those being built at DHS.)

RSR, Ratatouille, and the proposed Monsters Coaster are far from being thrill rides. Indy is the only one that fits that bill.

muteki

Bing! Bing! Bing! Pollo Campero was orange on the original map, so it's a goner. Makes sense the space would be used for WoD.

My question is what will happen to the Lego Store? It was orange on the map as well. The only new locations that size are the new ones over by The Art of Disney. I wonder if Lego is moving into one or both of those stores?

I can see them expanding around the lego store, its a little off to the side and not quite between Pollo and WOD. They could even connect the buildings directly if they wanted to.

They just updated the Lego Store one or two years ago, but if they make it even bigger all the better I guess. It certainly gets a lot of traffic, though I don't know how many people actually buy anything.

Even still, adding more rooms isn't necessarily going to make the WOD shopping experience any better. It's a bit disorienting as it is. Any categories of merch they don't already have in there are covered by separate stores in the marketplace too.

WDWFanDave

Pollo Campero will be closing after the summer season (when the lease expires).. The building is scheduled for demolition...
Moreover, The Current Pin Station will be demolished, as well as other original 'Disney Village' structures .. Earl of Sandwich will also receive a complete overhaul, adding permanent central A/C, as well as additional seating.

Once Upon a Toy will also be expanded, offering more Disney licensed products, not 'just' the theme park branded Disney toys.

Changes for DisneyQuest coming as well... Basically this project is a complete overhaul of the entire area, not as myopic as HW was.

There is so much more..... And no... no Adventurers Club.

Do tell...and perhaps of good importance...

Is there a timeframe?

Oh-and thank you!

GrumpyFan

So, anybody want to place bets on whether this is completed before Avatar(land), which is quickly approaching its 2-year anniversary since it was announced?
Or, should I just leave that question for that thread?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom