Downloading Disney

H20Babie

Original Poster
Hey guys,

I'm not usually technologically incompetant, but I got an MP3 player for Christmas but can't find any Disney tunes to download that are in .wma format. All I can find are iTunes, and my MP3 won't take them (it's a Scandisk Sansa 8 gig).

I've tried Napster and it's good for popular music, but can anyone recommend a decent site for Disney?

Thanks
:wave:

MattyFresh

an MP3 player will usually play wma, its another format that is actually a little more compressed, but you don't loose sound quality.

Anything from Itunes is going to be in an AAC format, only iPods can read that file. Easy thing to do is go to download.com and find a converter to convert the file to an wma. Or I am sure someone on here can direct you towards a site that would work without having to convert anything.

lilclerk

mousebits.com has a ton of the park area music. There's tutorials there that will help you with the downloads. They don't have anything that you can buy on CD though. Amazon.com has CDs of park music which you can rip onto your computer and put on your mp3 player.

And you can use .mp3 or .wma files.

primetime52

Have you tried downloading mp3's? (instead of WMA's). I'd be extremely surprised if it didn't play mp3 files. Most any player can play both mp3's and wma's, but mp3's actually take up a little less space, so you can likely fit a few more songs on your player.

dolbyman

you can tell itunes not to convert you music libary .. so it stay in whatever format they come (just in case you want to use itunes for file management)

primetime52

Hey guys,

I'm not usually technologically incompetant, but I got an MP3 player for Christmas but can't find any Disney tunes to download that are in .wma format. All I can find are iTunes, and my MP3 won't take them (it's a Scandisk Sansa 8 gig).

I've tried Napster and it's good for popular music, but can anyone recommend a decent site for Disney?

Thanks

Another important point.... when transfering songs on to your player, are you using the software that came with it? If you are trying to transfer songs directly from iTunes into your player, they wont be in the right format.

Most any brand of mp3 player forces you to use their specific software to transfer songs, otherwise the formats won't be an exact match. I think it's just a ploy that all the companies use to make more money by selling their own software. I'm almost positive that the sansa players are no exception. You can download songs from iTunes if you want, but then you have to transfer those songs from iTunes into your Sansa software, and THEN from there you can transfer into your player.

While using the sansa software, there will probably be a button to "import" audio from anywhere on your computer. Thus, you can download songs from anywhere, be it iTunes, limewire, etc, and transfer into your sansa software for use on your player.

Not sure if that's your problem, but if so I hope that helps...

dolbyman

Most any brand of mp3 player forces you to use their specific software to transfer songs, otherwise the formats won't be an exact match.

hm I though only a minor part of the players use their own software (like iriver)

.. most mp3 players connect as portable drives and you just transfer on them like on and external hdd :shrug:

Captain Hank

I have a Sansa Express, and I just drag and drop the files into the player.

On a related note, Amazon.com just released a massive number of Disney albums in their .mp3 store. Lots of major motion picture and animated feature soundtracks, a few of which are no longer generally available. And the really great thing? No DRM! In other words, these files can be played on any computer and in any .mp3 player.

sublimesting

Hey guys,

Thanks

I have a site for you: limewire I downloaded hundreds of Disney songs on there, you just have to be creative in your search like type in "haunted mansion" or advebntureland" or "magic kingdom music".

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Have you tried downloading mp3's? (instead of WMA's). I'd be extremely surprised if it didn't play mp3 files. Most any player can play both mp3's and wma's, but mp3's actually take up a little less space, so you can likely fit a few more songs on your player.
Actually a wma file will take up considerably less space than a mp3 but it will depend on what settings you use to create it. From my own personal experience when I was converting my CD's a variable bit rate wma will be roughly 1/2 the size or smaller of a similar bit rate MP3.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! :wave:
I am now "tuned" into Disney! :sohappy:

Now I have to figure out ringtones :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom