Don't Mess With WDW!!!

crazygirley

Original Poster
The other day someone said something to me about Disney World that made me cringe in a way that only a WDW-fanatic would. It was a comment that is up there along with "So you are going to Disneyland," and "Are you going to Disney World and Epcot?"

I was asked in regards to Animal Kingdom, "Who would pay $50-something just to go to a zoo?" I cringed in my head and refrained from going into detail about how AK is not a zoo (... nahtazu), but still felt a little hurt by the comment, and really felt myself get defensive.

Has anyone else ever had the experience of a "below the belt" comment?

soccer9miahamm

Stuff like that happens all the time for me. I live in South Dakota, which is a ways from the World. People just don't understand here. Everyone seems to think that it is just a place for elementary kids. It is very frustrating. People laugh when I tell them that I've been there 11 times. They tell me, "Don't you think you should go somewhere else for a change?" It really gets to me. yet I feel kinda sorry for them as they are so naive.

rainfully

Probably the one thing that someone said that REALLY got to me, was when I said I was going to Disneyland and someone said "oh, don't even bother... it' stupid." That made me really sad...

Brent

Yikes that hurts even to read & its good to see i'm not the only one to watch my planning dvd waaaaay to much to remember that.:-D

crazygirley

Original Poster
LouDisney said:
They don't know what they are missing :D
I guess you are right about that. The only scary thing is, the person who said that to me is the first-timer who I am going with in January.

:brick:

Anyways...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
rainfully said:
Probably the one thing that someone said that REALLY got to me, was when I said I was going to Disneyland and someone said "oh, don't even bother... it' stupid." That made me really sad...

Not to mention that they have a teeny tiny castle.

itty bitty

Fun size

:lol: :p :lookaroun

imagineer99

crazygirley said:
Has anyone else ever had the experience of a "below the belt" comment?

Sure. I hear it all the time--especially considering that as a college student, "I'm too old for Disney World."

But, really, who cares? Life's too short to spend worring about what others think. We all have different interests, so there's no use expecting people to adopt to things we in particular enjoy.

I can't stand NASCAR, but I'd never undermine the people that do.

crazygirley

Original Poster
imagineer99 said:
I can't stand NASCAR, but I'd never undermine the people that do.
Exactly, that's the whole point!

I don't like NASCAR, but I would never say to a NASCAR fan, "Why would anyone pay money to watch cars drive in a circle?" ESPECIALLY if I didn't know anything about the thing in question.

People and their closed-minded comments...

Dragonrider1227

we usually do. XD In fact, I think we have to pay THEM. :lol: No one has ever said anything to ME about going to Disneyworld but I always feel bad for those people that say the go and get bored. I mean...how?

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Usually I get the people that roll their eyes at me when I tell them that I am going to WDW for the third year in a row!! I also have friends that I ask them to go with me to Disney and they're like "oh no we'd rather go to Bermuda instead". Oh well they don't know what they are missing...their loss:p

DisneySam

I know what you mean, I get asked every year, "Why are you going back to Disney World?" what makes me mad is the "There's nothing to do" comments. I am always like what are you talking about????

dixiegirl

yeah we get that as well...also we get.." well you guys have kids"..hello i'd go and we have in the past even before we had children.....very different experiences....then we have the friend..if you will call her that..that says..." oh god it's always disney with you guys". to the point that we have been to disney twice this year and she doesnt even ask about our trips.it so disgusts her.........sorry, to me i find it comical that my 2 year old is yelling that she wants to watch epcot at 7 in the morn....(from our vacation dvd's this past sept) so what if our kids are totally brainwashed....yes both ..well all of us in our family of 4 live, breathe and sleep disney..to me there could be worse!!

god i miss disney !!! three hundred and ...oh who the heck knows too many days to count:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom