Done they were. Lied they did.

Tony Perkis

Perhaps because it’s not the original

...If it ain’t broke
Using “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” to talk about Star Wars is probably not the best analogy, since George Lucas thought it was broken and tried to fix it.

And it’s still the only commercially sold version of the film available to buy or rent.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Get off your high horse.

People don’t lie about their feelings about a film, nor do they bash because it’s hip, simply because they don’t fall in line with your opinions.

Is it millennial angst that compels
You to plant yourself in the personal
Hygiene product isle at target??

We’re talking about entertainment...we can say what we want if it’s civil. You are definitely not qualified to be my Mom...that much is abundantly clear.

Go watch John wick and it’s cgi ninja stuff if you can’t be bothered reading this. Or don’t read it. Both work

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Using “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” to talk about Star Wars is probably not the best analogy, since George Lucas thought it was broken and tried to fix it.

And it’s still the only commercially sold version of the film available to buy or rent.

Right...but he was wrong. The whole “artists prerogative” doesn’t hold when the product is worse than the original

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And maybe it's brutal honesty? Some of us can remember calling in sick to work on that Wednesday in May of '77 and being amazed. Technically, there'd been nothing like it up to that point. And we felt pretty complete after the 3rd installment. We had the EU and some great story lines.

Fast forward 40 years and, REGARDLESS of who now owns the rights, those at the helm have made a dog's dinner of the whole mess. Not Disney's fault, it takes a while to mismanage something like this over a period of time. I started to get disconnected with Phantom and that whiny, angst boy severed it for me completely in Clones.

You'd like to think Disney is going to "fix" everything. They could do it. If for no other reason than this being a HUGE cash cow. The problem is, it SEEMS like current Disney thinking is "how much can we get out of this IP for minimal investment?" as opposed to being the shepherd of a big piece of pop culture. Just like most of the other things they're handling now.

Hey! Get off your high horse!!

(Of course...you’re completely right. 100%...

But I don’t want you to bother rambo 😉 )

Tony Perkis

We’re talking about entertainment...we can say what we want if it’s civil. You are definitely not qualified to be my Mom...that much is abundantly clear.

Go watch John wick and it’s cgi ninja stuff if you can’t be bothered when an attention span.
Tone down on the dismissiveness of dissenting opinions, and I won’t call you out on it. Have your opinion and defend it as much as you’d like, but don’t make up false reasons why someone has a differing viewpoint. That’s just lazy.

If you knew anything about John Wick, you’d know that CGI is minimal in the action choreography.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Tone down on the dismissiveness of dissenting opinions, and I won’t call you out on it. Have your opinion and defend it as much as you’d like, but don’t make up false reasons why someone has a differing viewpoint. That’s just lazy.

If you’d know anything about John Wick, you’d no that CGI is minimal in the action choreography.

You didn’t answer the question...where’s the unnecessary standoffish come from? Can I see your I.D.?

And I’m not into John wick...like most people. I assume it’s ridiculous action like transporter...and not good action like the Bourne series?

Enjoy.

Mike S

You didn’t answer the question...where’s the unnecessary standoffish come from? Can I see your I.D.?

And I’m not into John wick...like most people. I assume it’s ridiculous action like transporter...and not good action like the Bourne series?

Enjoy.
Actually it’s better than Bourne as someone who grew up watching Bourne with my dad.

Prince-1

Go watch John wick and it’s cgi ninja stuff if you can’t be bothered reading this. Or don’t read it. Both work

Mmmmm cgi ninja stuff?? Guess you haven’t actually watched a John Wick movie?

Tony Perkis

Let the record show...the witness has chose to not answer the question.

Follow up: what Star Wars movie is better?
Just curious...

I answered your question; it was in a double quoted response.

I have no idea where you were going with the ID thing, though if I had to make a guess, it’d be because you wanted to take a shot at the millennial generation for no logical reason.

Regarding SW, ESB, Star Wars, TLJ, and TFA.

I don’t like the Ewoks at all, it’s a tonal mess in the middle of the film (Ewoks are a big reason why), and the first 30 minutes are a slog.

You can tell this was a film directed by committee, which it is. It’s no secret that Lucas ghost-directed ROTJ.

The last 45 minutes are simply outstanding, minus the altered ending.

It’s ranked last in the category of Star Wars films I consider good and very good.

Feel free to dismiss my opinion as lying to myself, though.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I answered your question; it was in a double quoted response.

I have no idea where you were going with the ID thing, though if I had to make a guess, it’d be because you wanted to take a shot at the millennial generation for no logical reason.

Regarding SW, ESB, Star Wars, TLJ, and TFA.

I don’t like the Ewoks at all, it’s a tonal mess in the middle of the film (Ewoks are a big reason why), and the first 30 minutes are a slog.

You can tell this was a film directed by committee, which it is. It’s no secret that Lucas ghost-directed ROTJ.

The last 45 minutes are simply outstanding, minus the altered ending.

It’s ranked last in the category of Star Wars films I consider good and very good.

Feel free to dismiss my opinion as lying to myself, though.

I’m good...you covered it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually it’s better than Bourne as someone who grew up watching Bourne with my dad.

I think Bourne...particularly the 2nd and 3rd...set a standard for crisp action and camera work. Most movies go off the rails to cater to the casual movie goer with the attention span of a kitten. Oh well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well you stir that butter.

Put a little sugar in it and it’s ice cream.

Rambo goes on this “don’t say your opinion is true” tangent while continually playing tough guy with his. Mr. Kettle.

So if you can’t do and say whatever you want...why not just throw random feces at the wall??

Prince-1

Put a little sugar in it and it’s ice cream.

Rambo goes on this “don’t say your opinion is true” tangent while continually playing tough guy with his. Mr. Kettle.

So if you can’t do and say whatever you want...why not just throw random feces at the wall??

He was completely right about the Ewoks. They sucked.

Tony Perkis

I think Bourne...particularly the 2nd and 3rd...set a standard for crisp action and camera work. Most movies go off the rails to cater to the casual movie goer with the attention span of a kitten. Oh well.
Crisp action and camera work?

I don’t think you saw the same Bourne movies as the rest of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom