Done they were. Lied they did.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So basically you’re saying that it’s so good no matter how much they fail to ever consider parting with it?

Ok...got it
What I'm saying is the theatrical released films are only one part of the overall SW strategy Disney has. If the films fail they just stop making the films and refocus on the other parts of the business.

Really think about it, when have you ever known Disney to part with IP? I mean sure there could always be the first time. But we're talking about the same company that traded away a sports announcer just to get back IP that isn't being use for anything more than merch. And a company is willing to promote even the most obscure parts of their IP library to make a buck. Again no way would they part with an IP that for better or worse will continue to make them money in just licensing out for merch.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What I'm saying is the theatrical released films are only one part of the overall SW strategy Disney has. If the films fail they just stop making the films and refocus on the other parts of the business.

Really think about it, when have you ever known Disney to part with IP? I mean sure there could always be the first time. But we're talking about the same company that traded away a sports announcer just to get back IP that isn't being use for anything more than merch. And a company is willing to promote even the most obscure parts of their IP library to make a buck. Again no way would they part with an IP that for better or worse will continue to make them money in just licensing out for merch.

I agree that it’s highly unlikely they would ever get rid of the IP

but they have not really the faintest clue what to “do” with it. You seem to indicate that they have a cohesive strategy when I think Big Shot’s recent comments all but admit that is currently not the case.

They could really use one - for sure.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I agree that it’s highly unlikely they would ever get rid of the IP

but they have not really the faintest clue what to “do” with it. You seem to indicate that they have a cohesive strategy when I think Big Shot’s recent comments all but admit that is currently not the case.

They could really use one - for sure.
Story wise I don't think they do. But business wise I think they do. Two different things.

Darkprime

It would be a sad day if Lucasfilms ever get shutdown. Really wish Lucas didn't sell to Disney tbh. $4 billion was way undervalued. Should have done a licensing deal with Disney like Marvel does to other studios and Disney should have made them in house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom