Donald Donald Donald.. Another Disney Law Suit

Timekeeper

1. Can the defendant provide the specific place, day, and time of getting touched inappropriately. An "on-or-about" date of May 20th is a bit vague.

Generally, notice pleadings only require "a short and plain statement of the ultimate facts showing that the pleader is entitled to relief." "On or about" is traditional language that you will find in virtually all civil lawsuit complaints. This might seem overly broad to a layperson, but if the allegation is too specific, then the defendant would be able to deny it in their answer. Example: if the complaint alleged that the Donald meet and greet was at 2:15 pm, but in actuality occurred at 2:45 pm, then Disney could deny that in its answer. We want to give plaintiffs some reasonable degree of leeway. Additional, more specific facts will come to light during discovery.

2. Would Disney have shift records from that long ago so they could bring the accused forward to defend herself/himself and the MOD? If she doesn't have a specific character friend to accuse... and little on the eyewitness account... then her prospects don't look good.

Yes. So far, I don't see any specific CM being fingered for this crime in the news. I bet all "friends of Donald" have their fingers crossed while they wait for that information (who was most likely on stage during that set) to come to light. :lookaroun We (the news media) like to have a face to point the finger of blame at. :cry:

trr1

Read about this earlier. She claims she now was PTSD....

All I have to say is.... /facepalm
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx

mickeysgal

Did anyone notice that she claimed she was carrying her child in her arms? I don't know about the rest of you, but when my children were small enough to be in my arms, their hands were all over me and they didn't have a problem doing it in public. Could it have been the small child? Or could "Donald" have though he/she was touching the child? And to say that Donald joked that he/she knew they did something wrong... LADY....IT'S A COSTUME.... THE EXPRESSION NEVER CHANGES... BAD DONALD IS THE SAME EXPRESSION AS GOOD DONALD... NAUGHTY DONALD IS THE SAME AS PEEK A BOO DONALD.... YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

I'm pretty sure that someone may have accidentally touched her breast and the family probably joked about it during the rest of the trip. Now money is tight and the joke just turned into a pot of gold.

If I were Disney's lawyers... I'd subpena all the photo's from their trip and see how ruined their trip really was...:hammer:

miles1

Tigger did the same thing to my DW at a breakfast buffet! Should we get a lawyer and sue together?
That’s the funny part but now I’m getting angry,
I’m a Vietnam veteran, infantry, enough said. My DW and I have suffered from PTSD on and off for years. I say my DW suffers because she has had to endure the nightmares and everything else that goes with it right along with me.
Who can any of us who have experienced combat and/or its aftermath and now suffer from PTSD sue? It just makes me livid when I hear things like this.
Sorry, I don’t mean to deliver a sermon, everyone please now continue with our Disney adoration or condemnation as we each see fit.

No need to apologize. I'm not a vet but I agree with you 100%; language like "PTSD" used to describe an injury from a costumed duck is an insult to those like you that actually suffer from it.

trr1

Tigger did the same thing to my DW at a breakfast buffet! Should we get a lawyer and sue together?
I’m a Vietnam veteran, infantry, enough said. My DW and I have suffered from PTSD on and off for years. I say my DW suffers because she has had to endure the nightmares and everything else that goes with it right along with me.
Who can any of us who have experienced combat and/or its aftermath and now suffer from PTSD sue? It just makes me livid when I hear things like this.
Sorry, I don’t mean to deliver a sermon, everyone please now continue with our Disney adoration or condemnation as we each see fit.
you have every right and thank you for serving our country!
i salute you Sir
thumbnail.aspx

Tom

Beta Return
Did anyone notice that she claimed she was carrying her child in her arms? I don't know about the rest of you, but when my children were small enough to be in my arms, their hands were all over me and they didn't have a problem doing it in public. Could it have been the small child? Or could "Donald" have though he/she was touching the child? And to say that Donald joked that he/she knew they did something wrong... LADY....IT'S A COSTUME.... THE EXPRESSION NEVER CHANGES... BAD DONALD IS THE SAME EXPRESSION AS GOOD DONALD... NAUGHTY DONALD IS THE SAME AS PEEK A BOO DONALD.... YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

I'm pretty sure that someone may have accidentally touched her breast and the family probably joked about it during the rest of the trip. Now money is tight and the joke just turned into a pot of gold.

If I were Disney's lawyers... I'd subpena all the photo's from their trip and see how ruined their trip really was...:hammer:

I was thinking the same thing. I would never consider defending this pathetic excuse for a human being, but there is a tiny chance that this did happen.

Scenario: Mom is holding baby for M&G with Donald. Baby is extremely happy to see Donald and is smiling, giggling, waving at Donald.

Donald, being the excellent CM that he/she is and interested in making magical moments for the family's photo album, and reaches over to tickle/hug/pat baby. Due to poor vision through Donald's "eyes", and with oversized "gloves" on, Donalds hand presses on/brushes/grabs mom's boobie.

Perhaps Donald realized it after the fact and put his hands over his mouth to indicate "oops!" Or, perhaps, Donald put his hands over his mouth to mime a giddy reaction to the oh-so-cute baby, also putting a little wiggle into his tail/backside.

The "incident" could have very well taken place, but it's obvious to the rest of us with more than one cell floating around our skulls that she wasn't harmed in any way, shape or form. And, if she's unable to perform daily activities, it sounds like Mr. Darwin needs to become more successful in his "weeding out" process.

Duckberg

LADY not so nice LADY!

Lady let me get this right the DUCK touched you:veryconfu :lol: The DUCK has wrecked your life :veryconfu :lol: The DUCK touched you & wrecked your life for two years now :veryconfu :lol: Now DISNEY has to pay you off because of the DUCK:veryconfu :lol: Duckberg

Raven66

We went to a meet and greet with Tigger. He was hopping all over the place and whacked my daughter in the nose with his nose/mouth and instantly turned her nose black and blue. She still talks about it. I think I will get a lawyer. That really did happen but I'm just kidding about the lawyer, plus it was a long time ago. :lol: And we never ever considered suing or complaining. Poopoo happens.

They really aren't setting a good example for the kids. They are going to learn that it's ok to do this because they are a big company with lots of money. I mean, she may really believe it happened and it might have but it had to have been an accident. Just from looking at the gloves, it doesn't look like they could feel anything. Her lawyer probably just wants to take on Disney or he/she would have tried to discourage them.

L Fisher

I was wondering the same thing...I hope Disney doesn't give her a dime. It's sad because like a previous poster said the M&G will be no more..I hope that's not the case but these BS lawsuits are ruining the Magic for the rest of us.

L Fisher

I totally agree with you..My dad also a Vietnam Vet still to this day has nightmares. My mom said he runs in his sleep and wakes up in a sweat. He never talks about what happened over there but he knows first hand what war can do to a person. So from our family to yours thank you for serving our country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom