Donald Donald Donald.. Another Disney Law Suit

wizards8507

Way to come full circle, I was waiting for that haha.

The difference is that COURTS OF LAW require PROOF. Individuals, when forming opinions, do NOT require proof.

Furthermore, criminal cases (which I note this is not, but MJ's were), require proof "beyond a reasonable doubt." The standard for civil trials is merely a "preponderance of the evidence" (i.e. more than 50% likely). This is why OJ won his criminal trial (there was reasonable doubt) but lost the civil trial (the PREPONDERANCE OF THE EVIDENCE indicated guilt).

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
This statement, word for word, would be equally as appropriate in any Captain EO/Michael Jackson related thread. :sohappy:

Way to come full circle, I was waiting for that haha.

The difference is that COURTS OF LAW require PROOF. Individuals, when forming opinions, do NOT require proof.

Let's not go down this road again. Before you know it, someone will toss out the name Kenneth Anger and this whole thread will go down the proverbial cr#pp#r.....:brick:

wizards8507

Let's not go down this road again. Before you know it, someone will toss out the name Kenneth Anger and this whole thread will go down the proverbial cr#pp#r.....:brick:

Lol this thread started down the proverbial cr#pp#r with a cr#p lawsuit.

Who's Kenneth Anger?

Timekeeper

I wouldn't quite put it that way. Courts require evidence, not proof per se. Whether certain evidence constitutes proof of the offense, or proof of a defense, is really up to the trier of fact - the jury (or judge if en banc). The bloody knife is evidence of the crime, not proof that the owner of the knife committed the homicide, etc.

lazyboy97o

Wow, it must have been a slow day for the characters... I can barely get in an autograph and a picture before I'm moved out of the way... she even got molested by Donald... lucky girl!!!

And look at all the symptoms she's suffering... I suffer those as well... but it's after I look at the bill for my vacation!

:hammer: :rolleyes:
The alleged incident happened at EPCOT Center, but I have not read where inside the park. It is possible that the plaintiff is a Disney Visa cardholder and was at the Meet & Greet reserved for cardholders. One gets a significant amount of time with the characters that are participating that day, and with multiple people and multiple characters, it is easy to loose focus on everything that is happening with each person and character.

wizards8507

I wouldn't quite put it that way. Courts require evidence, not proof per se. Whether certain evidence constitutes proof of the offense, or proof of a defense, is really up to the trier of fact - the jury (or judge if en banc). The bloody knife is evidence of the crime, not proof that the owner of the knife committed the homicide, etc.

Yeah but "proof" is faster to type than "evidence such that there exists no reasonable doubt to the reasonable person that the defendant is guilty."

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The alleged incident happened at EPCOT Center, but I have not read where inside the park. It is possible that the plaintiff is a Disney Visa cardholder and was at the Meet & Greet reserved for cardholders. One gets a significant amount of time with the characters that are participating that day, and with multiple people and multiple characters, it is easy to loose focus on everything that is happening with each person and character.

It could have also been a slow day at the Character Spot next to the ice cream shop....

Timekeeper

Maybe it's time that Disney articulate their definition of "love" in the classic "love 'em and shove 'em" practice of character meet and greets. :lookaroun

sublimesting

Oh she's classy! Her symptoms mirror those of someone who witnessed her family being gunned down by a band of marauders.

One time at Liberty Tree Tavern character dinner last Halloween. I was posing with Minnie who gave me a "kiss" while my wife attempted to take a pic. Thing is it took my wife about 20 seconds to get the camera working. During this time frame Minnie was making a kissing sound from INSIDE the outfit. I felt very self conscious and didn't know what to do. I tried to look real cool y'know cause it was sooo obvious this girl had a major thing for me. I didn't know what to do. I tried alot of different "cool" poses I had seen characters on television and movies do but nothing felt quite right. I was humiliated!!! Not only that I basically was forced to cheat on my wife right in front of her and she didn;t even know that I was being "kissed". I felt so dirty and used that I could only request one extra bowl of macaroni and cheese after eating the first. I am thinking of suing not only Minnie but also Mickey Mouse for not keeping his woman on a tighter leash. I am also going to sue Pluto for witnessing it and also my wife as well as she was an accessory.

Seriously this is partly true, the girl made and held a kissing sound for about 20 seconds. Try that! It's nigh impossible. Was a smidge awkward.;)

GrumpyFan

It seems like we have one or two of these every year. I hope I'm wrong on this, but with these kinds of (stupid) incidents occuring more and more often, I can see a "no touch" policy being instituted at some future point. Of course, to solve this problem, Disney could always just video tape every meet and greet, that way they have hard evidence to protect themselves.

Speaking of which, isn't there a burden of proof on these kinds of cases? Does this lady have pictures or video or even a witness who was there and can back up her claim?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It seems like we have one or two of these every year. I hope I'm wrong on this, but with these kinds of (stupid) incidents occuring more and more often, I can see a "no touch" policy being instituted at some future point. Of course, to solve this problem, Disney could always just video tape every meet and greet, that way they have hard evidence to protect themselves.

Speaking of which, isn't there a burden of proof on these kinds of cases? Does this lady have pictures or video or even a witness who was there and can back up her claim?

Everyone in her village can testify that their idiot was indeed out of town during that period of time.....

wizards8507

Since there are no criminal charges, the burden of proof is a "more likely than not" test. Rather than "beyond a reasonable doubt," she has to prove that it is "more likely than not" to have occurred, i.e. 51% likelihood. If she doesn't have anything to back her story, I'm thinking she's only doing this to hunt for a settlement out of court. Disney will likely move for summary judgment before the trial begins based on lack of evidence, but if the judge believes a trial is in order, she'll probably get her settlement.

Timekeeper

A witness's sworn testimony (of the plaintiff, in this case) in court is considered to be evidence. There are plenty of cases that turn on "he said/she said" for which there is no physical evidence. If a case like this were to ever see the light of day at trial (admittedly unlikely), the jury would basically have to decide who to believe/who is telling the truth. Physical evidence is obviously desirable and helpful for a jury, but not a prerequisite to bringing - or winning - a lawsuit.

hokielutz

Disney needs a new logo. Ooops, the target sign has already been taken. Too bad.

If that woman can't perform her "daily duties" she should be committed. Two years of being "disabled"?

COME ON!

:fork:

Guess Disney should use a Cross-hair symbol to dot their 'i'

hokielutz

Two questions/thoughts here:

Because this suit is not brought until 2 years following the alleged crime

1. Can the defendant provide the specific place, day, and time of getting touched inappropriately. An "on-or-about" date of May 20th is a bit vague.

2. Would Disney have shift records from that long ago so they could bring the accused forward to defend herself/himself and the MOD? If she doesn't have a specific character friend to accuse... and little on the eyewitness account... then her prospects don't look good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom