Donald Donald Donald.. Another Disney Law Suit

Omegadiz

Hmm. Ever notice how so many people make law suites againgst Disney for a reletively stupid reason, then claims that it ruins their life?: The 3 little pigs incident, goofy, ect.

Donald is one of the fab 5, or senstional six if you add Daisy:shrug:, so his line is never really over.....Wouldnt you think that some one else would have seen something like this happen? If not, then the touch had to be 0.01 seconds. As for the fact that she cant preform daily duties, she bull crappin! If she cant wash some dishes or get the mail in the morning because of this incident, i think she has some unknown mental issue.

Minnie Mouse less than a year ago was "groped" (fun word to say) and she actually struggled and it lasted at least 10 seconds. In court she says she loves her job and will continue doing it. She was more likely held longer, there was proof, and she could still preform Minnie Mouse no sweat.

This lady waited to years an poped in the court like

Lady: I wanna SUE DISNEY!!!

Court: Why?

Lady: A Disney character touched my chest for a moment and now i cant sleep, preforms duties, and wake up in the middle of the night tramatized!

Court: When was this?!

Lady: I dont know, some time in 2008, why?

Court: Are you aware that its 2010?

Lady: Yup

Court: So you saying that this incident ruined your life?

Lady: ....Yup

Court: .......(nut case) Fine whatever.

wizards8507

I'm not trying to start a political debate here, but in cases like these, it would really be great if we had a court system where the loser had to pay the winners' fees. It would prevent a lot of frivolous lawsuits like this.

That DOES happen in some cases.

From wikipedia:

Most states have statutes under which attorneys' fees may be awarded to a prevailing plaintiff, such as an action on a contract where the contract contains a provision allowing recovery, or an action brought under consumer protection laws. Both plaintiffs and defendants are sometimes awarded attorneys fees in divorce and child custody actions, although this is an unusual circumstance, since such awards are made under the court's power to divide property or award alimony and child support. A majority of states allow generally for an award to any party in a lawsuit, if another party has forced him to expend money on attorneys fees to defend against a claim utterly or substantially lacking any possible merit (frequently called "abusive litigation").

wizards8507

Some statutes permit awards of attorney fees to prevailing defendants in extraordinary circumstances, such as proving that the litigation was frivolous, in the sense of it being objectively baseless and brought in bad faith.

ryanduggers

This is why 500 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean is a good start.

Disney should sue her back for defamation.

.....nothing to see move along.....:snore:

NewfieFan

"April Magolon, 27, of Upper Darby, states in her lawsuit that a Disney employee dressed in a Donald Duck costume touched one of her and continued to "molest her" when she approached him for an autograph in May 2008, while she held her child.
Beyond the humiliation of being groped by an anthropomorphic duck in a sailor suit, Magolon claims that the incident caused "severe physical injury," a "shock to her entire nervous system," "muscle contraction headaches," "acute anxiety," "nausea, cold sweats, insomnia, nightmares, flashbacks, digestive problems" and other conditions that are "permanent in nature."
The episode also forced her to spend "large sums of money for a ruined vacation" with her children and fiancé, according to the suit, which was first posted online yesterday by The Smoking Gun Web site."

Wow, it must have been a slow day for the characters... I can barely get in an autograph and a picture before I'm moved out of the way... she even got molested by Donald... lucky girl!!!

And look at all the symptoms she's suffering... I suffer those as well... but it's after I look at the bill for my vacation!

:hammer: :rolleyes:

OGMickey

When i worked there Every Donald i saw was a woman except 1 ... so unlees she had this short guy or a curious Female it had to be an accident. I tried to play around with the souvenir mickey hands with my wife and i couldnt feel a thing lol. So i doubt you can get any gratification from "groping" her.

Rinx

I think I should sue Disney for when Pluto put my head in his mouth for a picture when I was eating breakfast at the Grand Floridian in 1996. To this day I do not do well in calculus and that MUST be the reason. Do you know how many nightmares I've had about long plastic red tongues??

Ughh...give me a break

And yes, he really did put his mouth over my head and it was one of the funniest moments I've had at WDW :lol:

stlbobby

Minnie Mouse grabbed my rear while we were taking a picture about 12 years ago. And I mean grabbed, it wasn't a brush or an accident, it was a firm grab. I still have dreams about it, but I wouldn't call them nightmares. I considered options at the time, but they had nothing to do with suing. I just went on with life because I figured the mystery would be better than the reality.

I know some have posted these types of stories in jest. This is a completely truthful account.

zurgandfriend

I think I should sue Disney for when Pluto put my head in his mouth for a picture when I was eating breakfast at the Grand Floridian in 1996. To this day I do not do well in calculus and that MUST be the reason. Do you know how many nightmares I've had about long plastic red tongues??

Ughh...give me a break

And yes, he really did put his mouth over my head and it was one of the funniest moments I've had at WDW :lol:

Tigger did the same thing to my DW at a breakfast buffet! Should we get a lawyer and sue together?
That’s the funny part but now I’m getting angry,
I’m a Vietnam veteran, infantry, enough said. My DW and I have suffered from PTSD on and off for years. I say my DW suffers because she has had to endure the nightmares and everything else that goes with it right along with me.
Who can any of us who have experienced combat and/or its aftermath and now suffer from PTSD sue? It just makes me livid when I hear things like this.
Sorry, I don’t mean to deliver a sermon, everyone please now continue with our Disney adoration or condemnation as we each see fit.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I work in the claims/litigation dept for a major RR. And there is a 3 year statute of limitation here. Not sure if it's different anywhere else. But, I agree...why wait? Even on the RR, these people are just looking for money from a large company that makes a lot of money.

I believe in Florida they have 4 years to file.

I don't know if any CM's are reading, but isn't it likely that Donald's "best friend" was female that day?

Extremely likely. Due to the height, possibly even an underaged female. Or a little person of either gender.

I really hope it ends up that this was an underaged (at the time) female in the costume.

Timekeeper

magolon.jpg
:brick:

1donaldduck081010.jpg

2donaldduck081010_copy.jpg

3donaldduck081010.jpg

4donaldduck081010.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's going to get to the point where character's meet and greets will be gone :( just another thing to take away yet charge more!...:brick:

Let's not get carried away. It's not the first lawsuit, and knowing some people, probably won't be the last.....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And unfortunately, each of these lawsuits is used in conjunction with past ALLEGED incidents as if each accusation is some sort of proof.

Attorneys do seem to love their precedents.....:brick:

This suit isn't going very far.

wizards8507

This statement, word for word, would be equally as appropriate in any Captain EO/Michael Jackson related thread. :sohappy:

Way to come full circle, I was waiting for that haha.

The difference is that COURTS OF LAW require PROOF. Individuals, when forming opinions, do NOT require proof.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom