Donald Donald Donald.. Another Disney Law Suit

NutsForFlorida

Well in that case i will sue Cinderella for kisssing my minor son on the cheek as kid molesting..... give me a damn break.. someone needs money to pay their morgage...2 yrs later my butt... In md you have one yr to file charges..... People need to get a grip:brick:

I agree. People are just out for money. It's pretty sad.

audiotinker

Honestly, if I felt someone really did "molest" me, it would be an immediate reaction. Right now. Get the Disney employee that parades those costumed people around, tell them. Go to the police... blaa blaa blaa. Who waits two years?? I wouldn't wait five minutes!

Pioneer Hall

Heard about this on the news. Slow news day, I guess. Many frivolous lawsuits are filed (and dismissed) everyday. Why this one warrants news coverage is beyond me.

If WESH could get a list of all the bandaids given out at the parks in a given day and report on it they would. Anything to make Disney seem like an awful organization is news to them.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If WESH could get a list of all the bandaids given out at the parks in a given day and report on it they would. Anything to make Disney seem like an awful organization is news to them.

I'm just glad they didn't report on that restraining order "situation" between Ariel and myself.....:zipit:

Tomi-Rocket

new logo.....

Disney needs a new logo. Ooops, the target sign has already been taken. Too bad.

If that woman can't perform her "daily duties" she should be committed. Two years of being "disabled"?

COME ON!

:fork:

rsoxguy

I'm just glad they didn't report on that restraining order "situation" between Ariel and myself.....:zipit:

I was there to witness that little incident, and I feel strongly that she was the aggressor in that particular case. Feel free to have your lawyer contact me.

Disneykidder

Puhleazzzze!! People will do anything for a buck these days...even lie about the happiest place on earth!! Aren't there helpers next to the characters? Plus there are always people in line in front and behind you watching...wouldn't someone have seen? Yeah, because there is nothing to see.

Tomi-Rocket

one more thing.....

One more thing. If I was "traumatized" to the point I couldn't perform my daily duties for over 2 years I think I'd need waaaay more than $50,000! It's extortion, simple as that. And people wonder why the prices continue to go up? :confused:

Mad Stitch

I'm sure they'll settle out of court. If it goes to trial and if it reaches a verdict or gets thrown out, the legal fees alone would be more than $50,000.00.

My thoughts exactly. She is just looking for some quick cash. At $50,000 it becomes cheaper for Disney to settle out of court and she knows it. If she was seriously suffering from all that for two years the lawsuit would be a lot more than 50 grand.

candydog

I really doubt the person playing donald did assault her like that. For starters, Donald is a very short character and therefore would most likely be played by a woman. I know it's certainly not impossible for a woman to have sexually assaulted Magolon, but it does make the situation far more unlikely.
Also, as has been stated on these boards many times, cast members find it very hard to see or feel anything through their costumes, maybe "Donald" did touch the woman's chest by accident, not knowing where his hands were. This seems the most likely scenario to me if it did happen.

Finally, if the woman is seriously experiencing nightmares, depression, cold sweats and an inability to perform daily duties just because Donald Duck touched her two years ago she needs to get a grip.

I mean really..... Traumatised?

You know folks garbage like this, It makes one wonder why Disney puts up with crap like this sometimes I wonder if this is another reason why Disney doesn't want to expand because of people throwing crazy lawsuits like this and winning. Now I know 50 grand a drop in the bucket for Disney but get a few a day and that adds up very quickly.

GrumpyFan

I'm not trying to start a political debate here, but in cases like these, it would really be great if we had a court system where the loser had to pay the winners' fees. It would prevent a lot of frivolous lawsuits like this.

NYwdwfan

Let's examine the thought process:

2 years ago, awesome trip to Disney
Recession hits, deep in debt, can't afford to go to Disney
Hmmm...how can I get back to Disney?
I know! I'll SUE Disney, and get enough $$$ to vacation for life.
Maybe I'll even get a commercial like I won the Superbowl :hammer:

It's like those people that complain of a bad back, get disability, and are caught on film cliff diving. If she gets a settlement they should follow her.

stlbobby

I'm not trying to start a political debate here, but in cases like these, it would really be great if we had a court system where the loser had to pay the winners' fees. It would prevent a lot of frivolous lawsuits like this.

I think in some places a judge can order exactly that, but I'm sure there are tons of legal hoops to jump through and it varies from place to place Hopefully an expert can weigh-in.

Luch19

I live in the town next to this woman, and she exemplifies what is known as "white trash!" The public is doing their research on this woman, and the news is failing to report all her unpaid parking and speeding tickets, but she had money to go on vacation. If there is any justice left in this country, this will be thrown out. Disney needs to stand their ground and not settle with her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom