Doing Laundry?

Pooh'sBuddy

Happy New Year :wave: and Go Horns!!! BTHOOSU.

Seriously, how many people do laundry while on their trip? :shrug:

We're packing for cold and warm weather, and I suspect our suitcases will be full. On one hand, we want to spend as much time in the parks. :) But, if we can lighten our load of clothes to bring and do a couple of loads at the same time, I think that would be beneficial.

But, will we really have the time to do it? I don't want to plan on laundry time and then not do it, and then be in a pickle.

Do y'all have strong feelings either way?

Jennifer

tigsmom

We always do laundry when we are at the World. I pack for 3 days (plus what we wear when we arrive) and I do laundry half way thru, usually when the kids are in the pool on our afternoon break.
I always pack one pair of "cold weather" clothes because we ended up spending a fortune one years for sweatshirts when the temps fell to 27.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I have always done laundry there, and I normally do it twice. Once half way through the trip while the kids swim, and I sip on a nice drink from the poolside bar. I also do it the last day that we are there. It is so much easier to use several washing machines and dryers to get it all done before we arrive home. That way, I only have one days worth of dirty clothes to wash when we get home. With five of us, it can really pile up. :)

I always bring everything that I need from home because it is expensive if you don't. I also bring a bag of quarters, because it takes a lot of them to get the job done. It takes about two cycles in the dryer.

Have fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

I love doing laundry while we are there...we get to pack HALF the clothes and when I get home, all the laundry is done, all we have to do is take the clean clothes out of our suitcase and right into the drawers. :)

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

I thought the title of this thread was a friendly reminder that I should not be online, but doing my laundry as my mother has been bugging me to do so.:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:

Upvote 0

CLandrum

I am with everyone else. The kids go swimming why we do laundry. We sit by the pool and read why it is washing. Just make sure to keep an eye on it. I have seen people throw other's laundry out of a washer or a dryer if it is done and no one claims it with in a few seconds. Also it can be costley. I bring some laundrey soap and dryer sheets with me and if I have some left over I offer it to others in the laundry room so I don't have to lug it home. I might be offering more info than you wanted but instead of taking laundry bags down we take our rolling suit cases to it is easy to cart around.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

I thought the title of this thread was a friendly reminder that I should not be online, but doing my laundry as my mother has been bugging me to do so.:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:
Better get to it then Evan! :lol: I don't have many pet peeves, but dirty clothes is one. I do laundry everyday @ home and on Vacation! :hammer:
We usually get a 1 or 2 bedrm.dvc villa, so it helps to have the washer/dryer in the room.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

We also do laundry. I honestly do not know how families who have kids can stay a week or longer and not do laundry, especially during the times of year like right now where you have to pack for warm and cool weather. They must wear the same clothes over and over, or take alot more luggage than we do! We only pack enough clothes for three or four days, and with everything else we take our suitcases (which are huge) are totally full.

That is one of the things we love about staying in the Vacation club villas....the washer and dryer in the room make it so easy. So I was not sure how I would feel about doing laundry on our recent trip to the Polynesian.....I was actually kind of dreading it. It ended up not being a big deal at all. In fact, we even did it twice, when I had hoped to only do it once.

We always take breaks back at the resort in the afternoon, so that is when we would do it. We tried doing it at night once, but the washers were full and there were several people waiting for machines to open up. But in the afternoon, I was usually the only person in there...it was great. My DH and I would take turns going down there...one of us would put it in the washer, the other would go back later to put it in the drier, etc. It really did not take up much time at all.

I agree with another poster who said to bring your own detergent, etc.. It saves money and is alot easier. And bringing a bunch of quarters with you is also a great idea. You can also get rolls of quarters at the front desk.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Better get to it then Evan! :lol: I don't have many pet peeves, but dirty clothes is one. I do laundry everyday @ home and on Vacation! :hammer:
We usually get a 1 or 2 bedrm.dvc villa, so it helps to have the washer/dryer in the room.

Wanna move to this side of the river? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster
Thank you, all!!! You've tipped me off the fence. I've got a roll of quarters ready, and I've been saving a sample of Tide we got in the Sunday paper a long time ago. I'll have to get little containers to bring more.

Sorry, EPCOT Explorer. But, um, I agree with your Mom. It's not so bad.

I think, with our 4 yr old and 2 yr old, I think we'll be taking breaks in the afternoons to make sure they last the whole week. Since this is our first family trip to WDW, we've got serious touring to do. A drinkie-pooh sounds like a great idea to pass the time. My hubby has called dibs on the 30 minutes free in the arcade, so I've got to find something else to do.
:lol:

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Happy New Year :wave: and Go Horns!!! BTHOOSU.

lol...I just noticed your message here does not quite match up with your avatar!

I'm guessing that your DH is an Aggie, and you are a Longhorn?

I'm with you.....

Texas-2.gif

Upvote 0

erstwo

FYI - and you may already know this - Target has single load packets of Tide for $.99 in the travel aisle. They also have single load small bottles of All for the same price.
Wal Mart sells the tiny bottles of All too.

I prefer the Tide packets, but for a while did own the All bottles and would refill them for each trip.

I do our laundry after the kids are asleep.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster
lol...I just noticed your message here does not quite match up with your avatar!

I'm guessing that your DH is an Aggie, and you are a Longhorn?

I'm with you.....

Texas-2.gif

I love that pic - Bevo with bling.

Yes, we're a mixed marriage. :ROFLOL: When we met Gov. Perry, he called our (pictured) son an example of hybrid vigor - aggies' language.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster
FYI - and you may already know this - Target has single load packets of Tide for $.99 in the travel aisle. They also have single load small bottles of All for the same price.

I prefer the Tide packets, but for a while did own the All bottles and would refill them for each trip.

Thanks. No, I didn't. I was looking for something like this at the grocery stores and couldn't find them. That's a great idea to do the laundry late. Then I don't have to worry about being late to get back to the parks. But then again, I think I'll be sawin' logs before they do.

Upvote 0

littleeep

I did our laundry early in the morning on Thanksgiving this year, and it worked out well. Bringing your own laundry soap is a great idea, and I'll take TWO rolls of quarters next tme. The dryers are really inefficient.

Upvote 0
I always do laundry on vacation, whether in WDW or somewhere else. with 2 young kids, my husband and I, I don't see how I couldn't without bringing 8 bags of luggage. I ended up doing laundry in the morning about mid week, when we chose to sleep in. I'm a mom and don't know what the words sleep-in mean anymore so I got up did the laundry and by the time the laundry was done, the kids ( and husband) were up ready to go, so it worked out fine.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We're laundry peeps on vacation, too! I bring rolls of quarters & large drawstring laundry duffles that I got by the ironing boards and hamper stuff at Target. As we accumulate dirty clothes they get pitched into the laundry bags. I generally have detergent and bleach delivered with the drinks and stuff from Garden Grocer. We wash at least once or twice or more if we find ourselves around the resort while the kids go to the arcade and such. When we finish our last load before coming home we leave what's left of the detergent and bleach in the laundry room with a note for the next guests who come in and don't have theirs already. The vending machines are pricey on the soap! :) Even if a Mousekeeper is the recipient of our detergent..that's fine. I wouldn't want to waste it by pitching it into the garbage and it can't come home with us on the plane.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster

We made a trip to Target and got the Tide packets and made it by the toy section, too. We picked up "Cars" colored light swirly things for the boys to have at night - $3.99@ - a far cry for what they'd charge us in the parks.

I'm a mom and don't know what the words sleep-in mean anymore so I got up did the laundry and by the time the laundry was done, the kids ( and husband) were up ready to go, so it worked out fine.

Oh, how I can relate. I'm going to bring a trash bag or two for the dirty clothes and roll it in the luggage so I'll have a place for it after it's folded and ready for the trek back to the room.

Thank you, everybody!!! I truly don't know what I'd do without you!!! 18.5 days. :wave:

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I'm in the minority on this one I guess. I don't do laundry on vacation. I do enough of it when I'm home. That's just me, though. Yes, I have a lot to do when I get home, but I deal with it. Laundry robs me of my Disney magic.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom