Does it annoy you when...

YunaB17

So this year I went on a "magical gathering" with my dance studio family though we all did like everything seperatly and one of my friends who had been to disney 2 times already went and I knew from experince that she had a habbit of doing like nothing in the parks so i decided to text her everyday to see where she was and everyday at 2:00 she was still at the hotel in the pool. Then I would ask her what she was doing that night she said they were going to (insert park here) for dinner and then leaving. It totally annoyed me. I told another one of my friends who was there and she said that they were like crazy.

magicmaya

Does it annoy you when people don't do their Disney vacations properly? It drives me crazy!!! :lol:

I know two families who recently went to Disney. The first family has one son who is 6. He had never been to Disney before. They went back in May as part of the buy four get three free deal. When they got back I asked them how long their wait times were because I knew it was a real busy time. They said most rides had over an hour wait and that all the fastpasses were gone by the time they got there. I asked them if they were there when the parked open. They said no, that they slept in every morning and got to the parks around 11. I felt like saying, well there's your problem right there!

Another family I know went a few weeks ago. They have 2 children, a 10 year old and 5 year old. The 10 year old has been once before when she was 4. The five year old had never been. They stayed off property. When they got back I asked them about their trip. They said they only spent two days in Disney- one a MK and one at EP. I was like, well what did you do for the rest of the time? They said, oh just hung out at the hotel pool. Who goes all the way to Orlando and only goes to Disney twice? Weird! :lol:

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else ever feels like saying to the people you know, you sit back and relax- I'll plan your trip for you!

Oh and ps- the 2nd family has picture of the crane in all their castle shots, sad...

Have you thought about this?
Maybe they couldn't afford to stay more than 2 days? :shrug:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
The worst story I've heard for a Disney vacation is when a friend of mine in Jr high went with her family. She was 13 her brother was 11 and her parents went to the parks everyday BY THEMSELVES and got a sitter to entertain the kids by the hotel pool. :veryconfu:brick::shrug::hammer:

They stayed at a Days Inn so my friend never once set foot on Disney property the whole trip

That is pretty much the saddest thing I've ever heard!! :eek:

Have you thought about this?
Maybe they couldn't afford to stay more than 2 days? :shrug:

haha, that's funny. I know this family very well, and yes, they most defintely could have afforded to gone every day of their vacation if they wanted to! They are a wonderful family and I love them dearly, they are just very laid back people who prefer to sip maragritas by the pool :)

LoriMistress

Some people like to plan their vacations and others like to "wing it." It doesn't bother me either way if people plan vacation trips how I plan them.

WDWmazprty

The worst story I've heard for a Disney vacation is when a friend of mine in Jr high went with her family. She was 13 her brother was 11 and her parents went to the parks everyday BY THEMSELVES and got a sitter to entertain the kids by the hotel pool. :veryconfu:brick::shrug::hammer:

They stayed at a Days Inn so my friend never once set foot on Disney property the whole trip

What kind of moronic idiots takes there 11 and 13 year old to Florida and goes to WDW, leaving the kids with a sitter?!?!?!:brick:

HopLow

Last year I went to WDW with my parents, sister, bro-in-law and nephew, who was 2 at the time. My brother didn't want to come with us because he thought his boys were too young to appreciate it (they were 8 and 6 at the time). :shrug: That was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard from him.

DisneyPrincess5

Last year I went to WDW with my parents, sister, bro-in-law and nephew, who was 2 at the time. My brother didn't want to come with us because he thought his boys were too young to appreciate it (they were 8 and 6 at the time). :shrug: That was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard from him.
Wow yeah they would have loved it! Too bad he didn't bring them.

bugsbunny

First off, we drank the Kool-Aid and can't wait to drink it again. Unless someone has done this, they will NEVER understand what its all about.

Its a "kid's place", why would an adult worry about planning it out? These are the same people that spend $6,000+ to stay a Deluxe hotel, get all the hopper passes, and the Deluxe meal plan....yet don't make one ADR and the only sit-down restaurant they might eat at is one at their hotel. I don't think anyone that spent that kind of money and ate counter service for their entire vacation would come back and say how great the place is.

Then there are the "WDW uneducated" that book trips in July or August because its the cheapest and they don't have to worry about taking the kids out of school. I tell them that you are INSANE to go that time of the year. It's packed for the very reasons they mentioned and its so hot and humid. Then there are the chances of tropical storms and immense rain. They go on their trip and tell me how bad the crowds were; it was so hot; the lines were so long; and just about any ride I ask them if they went on....they say they didn't know what it was so they didn't go on it or in it!

The flip side are these people that think Six Flags is fun and that WDW is a waste of money becuase "there are no rides" there. I've heard this plenty of times from people.

I have to say that I was one of them. Then I went on a trip with some seasoned Disney Dorks who showed me what it was really all about. I had a long drink of the Kool-Aid that first trip and I've lost track of how many times I've gone now. It's 20+, that's for sure.

mike45248

I know what you mean. I have a friend who went with his 3 girls(9,11,13) and his wife a couple weeks ago. They got back and said it was ok :brick:. I asked them a couple questions about the trip and they said they went to all the parks and did all the rides in 2 days (Ain't gonna happen). He said they got there soon after rope drop and left by 4:00 both days. He said his kids had ridden all the rides and wanted to go. I asked him about TSM, "Didn't get to that one" was his response, asked him about a couple more rides (ie Sorrin', rock and roll coster) and shows and he said they missed them, also no fireworks like wishes, Fantasmic or Illuminations. What the @#$% did you do then? No way to visit all 4 parks and hit even some of the bigger attractions in 2 days and be out of the parks by 4:00. Wait till winter and burn the $$$ to keep warm. That would probably have been better. And by the way they satyed off site. He knows we are going in a couple weeks :sohappy: for 8 days and said that he thought we could not be at the park that much. Have plans to do other things (Golf 4 me, Tea Party for wife and daughter and Pirate adventure for son) on one day and be at the parks for the other 7 days and the remainder of the down day.

JustInTime

Oh and ps- the 2nd family has picture of the crane in all their castle shots, sad...

I don't feel sorry for them at all. If they would have stayed around, they move the crane around 5:00 or so. It's their own fault for not waiting or asking City Hall about it. I was in Magic Kingdom during the same time. I asked, then the crane came down. I was upset at first but I know it hased to be done.

durangojim

a co-worker of mine just came back from wdw last week, he surprised his 7 year old daughter

neither of them have ever been, he did not get the dining plan, i know some are not a fan of it, however as a first timer i would recommend getting the dining plan as it saves time and money, less hastle in my opinion

That's interesting, as I would think of it as exactly the opposite for a first timer. A person might feel like they had to eat at a TS restaurant each day to get his money's worth and might not be able to focus on the rides or being spontaneous in the parks, thereby causing more hassle and spending less time doing fun things.

DisneyLeo18

A lot of families feel this way. I don't agree but they do. However i think 8 and ^ are good ages to appreciate it all.

In '04 my aunt and uncle didnt want to join the whole family because their kids at the time were only 3 and 2 (i believe) but they came anyway, didnt enjoy it too much because the kids were so young. Now we are planning a trip for summer 2010 and the kids will be 8, 7 and 4 (i think) and of course they will love it.

In my eyes take em when they are young, just another excuse to go back:lol:

WDW 3

That's interesting, as I would think of it as exactly the opposite for a first timer. A person might feel like they had to eat at a TS restaurant each day to get his money's worth and might not be able to focus on the rides or being spontaneous in the parks, thereby causing more hassle and spending less time doing fun things.

I agree. Even for seasoned travelers making ADRs is sometimes a problem. And true, we are not fans of the dining plan. We like
spontaneity, we stop when we are hungry and the crowds are low. I can't even imagine making ADR's for everyday. I do have a couple ADRs one at Le Cellier because you guys make it sound delicious:). I called TRex (I have kids that want to go there) and asked about stand by times because I wasn't able to get a ADR and was told they only reserve 25% the other 75% is for walk up guests.

GrannyJill2

Does it annoy you when people don't do their Disney vacations properly? It drives me crazy!!! :lol:

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else ever feels like saying to the people you know, you sit back and relax- I'll plan your trip for you!

I noticed that your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you wrote this. But I do agree that folks who go to Disney without a plan, and then complain about their lousy trip, aren't doing it right. :lol:

My daughter often advises friends before a Disney trip, and they always come back and thank her for the tips. I would want a plan if I was going to visit Washington, D.C. or New York City. It's way too risky to just wing it.

dave1105

I have to say that being educated about WDW definately makes all the difference in how your vacation goes.

As an example we booked a trip a few years ago with AAA and at least our location you felt like you were being rushed since it was Saturday and guessing the agent wanted to see as many people as possible. That and at the time our budget only allowed ASM. So the info given was not much, no info on a dining plan or the fact if we wanted to eat you would need a reservation.

Shortly after coming back I stumbled upon this site! EUREKA! Found out all that I missed out on. When I was ready I decided to try KK and spoke with Marie. She was a delight! spend alot of time planning with me and sharing her experiences. Wow! What a difference when you are armed with info and a plan! We had a great time.

Ever since then I have been an WDWMagic addict!

And the next trip was booked with KK and I dealt with Elizabeth who was also very helpful and informative. Definately feel I get my money's worth with KK, they take their time and make you feel like you are their only customer, which is a great thing for me.

MrsToad71

What really annoys me is people who ask me for advice and then they don't listen to my advice. I always think why do I waste my own time.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! This happens to me all the time at work! I used to get really excited when people would ask me because it meant I could talk to someone about WDW- but then I realized that they weren't listening to me anyway, so what was the point :veryconfu

Susan Savia

Wow - when we go anywhere we squeeze in as much time as possible seeing and doing, morning until night. But thats just our way. I couldn't imagine going to Disney and sitting in my motel half the week. I guess that is - their way...

The Empress Lilly

WDW is a wonderful place but you have to do at least a little planning.
A little planning? I'd say one has to plan a Disney vaction like a military operation nowadays. :brick:

Which does not always sit well with a relaxed vacation mood.

I feel a bit sorry for the first family. They didn't realize that nowadays one needs to get up at 6 AM to have any chance of seeing the major attractions.
No, make that 'I feel sorry for all Disney vacationers'.

I am already making my ADR for my 2018 vacation. :lookaround:

That second family I just don't understand. To each his own, I guess. :slurp:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It does bother me a little bit when people are just against really planning, or just putting in the little bit of extra effort to be in the parks at the right times and to work the fast passes, and to see the shows. I just wind up thinking to myself that I would love to share my amazing time with more of my friends and family, but they just won't give it that effort. I have never had 1 bad minute it WDW. My fiance and I are Disney addicts, and we always have a plan, and we never ever feel like it was just ok, its always the best vacation imaginable.

Another thing that annoys me a little about people who are not totally into Disney is the notion that its only for kids, and think there isn't that much to do thrills wise. It just drives me nuts, my fiance and I want to bring some friends, but they never seem totally open to just taking in the magic, so we just wind up going it alone and loving every minute of it. But still when I'm home I wish we could share it with more people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom