Does it annoy you when...

Ilovewishes

The only thing I have ever heard that has made me shake my head was when my sister went with two first timers this July. The girl she was going with told my sister that she doesn't like theme parks, didn't know any of the films because she doesn't watch TV, but that it would be okay because they could just drop her off at the beach every day...:brick:

My sister had to explain to her that they weren't exactly across the road from the beach and then she got in a major strop because she couldn't understand how anyone could go on holiday and not have a beach on their doorstep. I suggested they just drop her off at Typhoon Lagoon everyday and have done with her.

Needless to say, the verdict was that they were never going with her again!

The worst story I've heard for a Disney vacation is when a friend of mine in Jr high went with her family. She was 13 her brother was 11 and her parents went to the parks everyday BY THEMSELVES and got a sitter to entertain the kids by the hotel pool. :veryconfu:brick::shrug::hammer:

They stayed at a Days Inn so my friend never once set foot on Disney property the whole trip

can I just say...? this makes me so sad. :confused:

I have a friend with 2 small kids and she has planned to go to disney twice, then changed her mind. She called me the other day and asked about going at Christmas...I've tried over and over to give her advise about how to do disney with 2 small kids...been there, done that. She argues with me everytime. Fuggedaboutit...she makes it to complicated, she mentioned she would love to go when we do....uh, no thanks.

EaglesfanNJ

Shhhhhhh... then everyone will come prepared and the rest of us who know how to get around the parks will suffer. :ROFLOL:

:ROFLOL:I know you said that toungue in cheek, but let me tell you something, i agree!

I was once one of those people on my first trip. No planning, no ADR's, What's a fastpass?, let's walk in here for dinner and see if there's a table, wait for Space for 90 minutes. But i went back, and back again, and decided each time to do more research and maximize my trip and my $ spent. Now thanks to these boards, the guides, research, we'll enjoy our vacation to the max. Other people benefited from my lack of planning the first time around, now we will do the same. A few people not knowing they can get FP for let's say TSMM, well that's a few more left for us. Same with an ADR.

JiminyandTink

To answer the OP's question:

It only frustrates me when someone comes back with a bad opinon of WDW based on doing everything wrong on their trip.

kimmychad

It does not annoy me, it makes me feel kind of sad. I hear story after story of people throwing down huge bank for a trip to WDW and the trips were ruined simply because they were not prepared. What tends to annoy me is when the people that do this blame Disney for their bad time. You hear the same thing all the time....

Guest: "It was too crowded and hot!"
Me: "When did you go?"
Guest: "Late June"

Guest: "The lines were too long!"
Me: "What time did you get to the parks"
Guest: "Real early....we were there by noon everyday"
Me: "Did you use fastpass?"
Guest: "No. It cost extra."

Guest: "All the restaurants were full!"
Me: "When did you try to make reservation?"
Guest: "Disney does not take dining reservations."

And so on.

It is really a shame to. WDW is a wonderful place but you have to do at least a little planning.

I agree with you richard, I asked a nurse friend of mine if she enjoyed here trip she said they had a horrible time. they went in the summer with no dining reservations, so of course they were burning hot with no good restaurants to eat at. research really is a big part of a disney trip if you want to get the most out of it but some people don't get that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom