Does anybody else get this?

LilWalt

Original Poster
I am 24 soon to be 25 and absolutely love Disney anything. I get picked on some by friends for loving it so much. They don't understand how I can visit Disney World every year and be just as happy each time as the time before.

Do any of you get that from friends and family?

Shere_Khan

I used to but mostly back in highschool. I am also 25 right now. Certain friends made fun of me at times because my room looked like a 5 year old's room and I always wanted to go to the Disney movies instead of the scary movies. But now, I find, that most people upon entering my apartment think it is super cute.
My boyfriend who really does not care for Disney thinks I am a nut, but it's just because he has not been to the World yet. Once he goes, he will be just as nutty I can guarentee it.

BadTigger

I'm in the same but most of those around me are WORSE!!!:lookaroun Anyway the way I see it I've been going since I was a wee lad so its something I've grown up on, also being a DVC memeber you have some vested interest in constantly going often.

figment3258

My husband and I get that when we talk about our up coming Disney trip to some of our family they tell us to get a life. I think they are just jealous! :xmas:

sorceresssamara

I'm 26! I go every year sometimes twice with my fiancee and our friend and her husband My co workers and everyone always make fun of me saying oh you're going there again!! almost in disgust or they always tell me to go somewhere new! Well I don't want to go somewhere new, I like the world just fine! And like you I know there are people out there that understand the Disney Magic and what draws us back time after time. All I can is it stinks for those who don't appreciate it!

My family has accepted the fact that I moved to Orlando specifically for Walt Disney World, even though they still really don't understand the infatuation...well, except for my Mom, who I know totally wishes she could have come too :lol:

whizGoofy

I used to but mostly back in high school. I am also 25 right now. Certain friends made fun of me at times because my room looked like a 5 year old's room and I always wanted to go to the Disney movies instead of the scary movies. But now, I find, that most people upon entering my apartment think it is super cute.
My boyfriend who really does not care for Disney thinks I am a nut, but it's just because he has not been to the World yet. Once he goes, he will be just as nutty I can guarantee it.

I too got teased in High School, however it never really bothered me. It wasn't until I met the woman of my dreams that I realized that there were others out there like me. You see my wife and I go to WDW about once a year if not twice and all of our family and friends always ask "Don't you get tired of seeing the same things over and over again?" Well for all of us reading this right now, we understand it is not about the seeing WDW, it is about the experience that we have when we enter a world where Fantasy and imagination takes place of reality.
We do not have tons of Disney stuff in our home however, just a Disney room (Guest Room) and our Computer room. Everything else is "Normal" according to our friends.

mouselvrmom

I do get a little bit of teasing from family members and neighbors about my love of disney. They make little comments or insinuate that I am obsessed with disney. But really now I just try not to mention disney even when we have a trip coming up around those people, because they are never going to get it and that way maybe they will forget to bother me about it.

janice1965

I am 24 soon to be 25 and absolutely love Disney anything. I get picked on some by friends for loving it so much. They don't understand how I can visit Disney World every year and be just as happy each time as the time before.

Do any of you get that from friends and family?

yes, my coworkers tease me to death, saying dont you want to go anywhere else around the word, like islands, etc, I say no, I go around the world at Epcot and and that is fine with me!! they just don't get it. But thats fine with me, keep them out, more room for us! lol

DisneyNme

Yea get it all the time! It stinks, and frustrating at the same time. I even got some from my new co-workers in california. I was sent out there from NH to do training, so i figured....What the hey, im 2 hours away from DL, its labor day weekend.....why the heck not! And they all say....Why are you going to DL, why dont you go to Universal, or Knotts berry farm? NO! NO! NO! they just didnt get it! Plus Id never been to DL and wanted to for the longest time! I feel bad for the people that dont see the magic.....they dont know what there missing!:)

Ps, Leaving for WDW tonight!!

JimboJones123

My high school crush and I had been becoming "more than friends" for months. When we had officially decided to go on our first date (Weirdly enough -- Lion King -- even weirder -- her choice).

Discussions afterward turned to -- "What would be your dream vacation?"

I hadn't been to WDW since before the Disney Decade began. So I said, "I'd love to go back to Disney World. It's an absolute blast. And things have grown so much since my last trip."

"Really???" -- was the response. Reminds me now of Weekend Update on SNL. She was SHOCKED that I would say Disney World. She even tried to talk me out of wanting to go. While dropping off I didn't get the goodbye kiss. She quickly left and went inside. We didn't talk for a week. Which was hard because we talked 3-4 times a day before.

So WDW was a deal breaker. And thank Jebus it was. She was finally married half way through her second pregnancy at 20.

So -- Disney World Passion can be a life saver. Ask the Wife and Kids how much they LOVE going.

DisneyPirate85

I get alot of Grief from some co-workers but for the most part its in fun. However does get a little old. :fork:
Most donot understand and I'm tired of explaining it so we don't worry bout it too much anymore.:shrug:

wdwever1

Guess what...I'm twice your age and go to WDW every year...people ask me the same question..."you're going
to Disneyworld AGAIN?" I just look at them..smile..and
say..never been there huh? Let them ask..they've no idea
what they're missing!!:ROFLOL:

col

YES!! i get it all the time.

people cant understand that i go by myself and i say until u have been and seen it and done everything then u cant say anything. its my world in a world lol. its such a nice relaxing and happy place, i smile constantly when im there -it really is the happiest place on earth!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom