Doctor Who (BBC & Disney+ 2023)

Phroobar

The whole binary/non-binary thing confused me. It didn't make sense. Of course this is RTD so he writes what he knows.

Phroobar

Time Lords are the very definition of non-binary as they quite literally don't identify with one gender since they can regenerate to any. This isn't new, and was even touched upon in the original series.
Oh that makes sense. I didn't think of it that way. Donna and her daughter had the powers of a Time Lord and they gave it up at the end of the show with the whole binary/non-binary speech. Got it.

Thanks!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Loved the third special and
first impression of the new Doctor is that he's adorable! Also trying to wrap my head around how many lives the 10th/14th Doctor is living out in various realities is making my head ache. Because didn't a part of him get a life with Rose in some reality? But everybody loves 10, so him getting multiple happy endings with his companions isn't anything to really hate, even if it's indulgent.

Robbiem

I was disappointed the specials were a waste of the talent in them.

I watched dr who since Tom Baker but stopped in the Jodie era as, to me, the show lost its way. Its not my dr who now so time to move on and remember what it was fondly than moan what’s become of it now. I just hope that other people enjoy it the same way now as I did growing up

doctornick

I was disappointed the specials were a waste of the talent in them.

I watched dr who since Tom Baker but stopped in the Jodie era as, to me, the show lost its way. Its not my dr who now so time to move on and remember what it was fondly than moan what’s become of it now. I just hope that other people enjoy it the same way now as I did growing up
I love classic Who but never really got into the new series. I dropped out with Capaldi (but was only intermittent before that). There’s definitely been some quality but they never really captured the spirit of classic Who IMHO.

Not really a fan of The Doctor being in romantic relationships among other things.

Robbiem

I love classic Who but never really got into the new series. I dropped out with Capaldi (but was only intermittent before that). There’s definitely been some quality but they never really captured the spirit of classic Who IMHO.

Not really a fan of The Doctor being in romantic relationships among other things.
I agree with that. The modern series definitely gets too soapy and tries to press social issues at the expense of just being enjoyable to watch.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
A teaser has been released for the new season of Doctor Who, coming in May 2024 to Disney+.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom