Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

DisneyDebRob

the chances of that party causing WDW to shutdown is slim to none and slim left a while back. Be more worried about someone dying for alcohol or drug OD there. That one person about knocked themselves out or worse when they fell.
Parties, not party. And there’s a chance that slim is walking around possibly infecting someone. To say there’s no chance, which you did by your reference would be wrong.
There’s a chance I become a billionaire today.. small chance but always a chance.

legwand77

No.

Common sense takes its spelling from consensus. As in the vast majority. As in what any sane, educated person accepts what is right.

Much like common sense says don’t put your hand in a fire.
It also is common sense that obese people shouldn’t have a diet of fast food or pretty much anything Disney serves at QS, as it directly affects a person health and can kill them, but that is there choice, doesn’t bother me. Those decision directly affect healthcare in this country and society. Some places even have tried to legally limit what people consume in various ways.

Miss Bella

Parties, not party. And there’s a chance that slim is walking around possibly infecting someone. To say there’s no chance, which you did by your reference would be wrong.
There’s a chance I become a billionaire today.. small chance but always a chance.
They were referring to the parties shutting down WDW which is slim to none chance.

Miss Bella

It also is common sense that obese people shouldn’t have a diet of fast food or pretty much anything Disney serves at QS, as it directly affects a person health and can kill them, but that is there choice, doesn’t bother me. Those decision directly affect healthcare in this country and society. Some places even have tried to legally limit what people consume in various ways.
Obesity is a huge risk factor with COVID. Being morbidly obese is a great way to end up on a ventilator.

Irie

But obesity can't be spread from person to person contact.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Obesity doesn’t kill your dad though. It is a possibility some of those party wonkers will go home and infect family members.

legwand77

Indeed, but it’s the wider picture that is shocking.
But what really is the wider picture, are hundreds of those parties happening, no, yes we are in a pandemic (however technically that is becoming debatable in the past week) people should be careful and do the things, but more spread is in the home and going to have family dinners with neighbors much as these block parties.

Miss Bella

We did not need them. But we also targeted UO for mid week (instead of the weekend) to minimize the crowds. At MK, all of fantasy land was effectively walk on - seven dwarfs posted 20 minutes, actual 5-7; Peter Pan the same.
Will be at Universal on a Sunday through Tuesday. I probably won't need them, but I'm only paying 199.00 per night for Royal Pacific s. I'll probably keep it just for the ability to walk to the parks and city walk.

disneygeek90

HS is suffering with what’s on offer and everyone wants to ride the ride that’s behaving worse than ever (and has a ridiculously low capacity now)
Why was nothing being done during the closure? I realize there were extreme circumstances but it just seems like such a a waste of 4 months that could have really been valuable.

legwand77

Florida continues to stay stable in positivity in the 11-12 range perhaps trending down with huge amounts of test being reported. Orange County still going down for the past two weeks at 9%. Overall hospital capacity continues to stay stable and actually has improved over the weekend as it usually does.

Miss Bella

Why was nothing being done during the closure? I realize there were extreme circumstances but it just seems like such a a waste of 4 months that could have really been valuable.
Agreed. They had these problems before the shutdown. In January my husband and son got to the park at 5 am got a boarding pass returned at 1530 waited in line for an hour only for the ride to be shut down. They did end up with a free hs ticket to return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom