Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Parker in NYC

I am laughing and enjoying the comedians in this thread. Its not worth my time to comment anymore. I just laugh and shake my head now. Its becoming a disaster in many states and no one wants to take a proactive approach. I'm sorry but thoughts and prayers don't do anything. With that I'm out.

I hear you. :(

October82

Yes that is the backlog of deaths that are being added to the daily death data, but there is no proof they are truly covid deaths like you claim. CDC is making the determination. Might be all, might be half, might be a few. Won't know that until the year is over at best.

In everyday life, it's fine to say "might be this, might be that, don't know". But science doesn't really work that way. We know that the number of deaths is a substantial undercount, and we have very good knowledge of by how much. As with everything in science, there is an uncertainty associated with that number, but that doesn't mean the number is unreliable, unknown or unknowable.

legwand77

I am laughing and enjoying the comedians in this thread. Its not worth my time to comment anymore. I just laugh and shake my head now. Its becoming a disaster in many states and no one wants to take a proactive approach. I'm sorry but thoughts and prayers don't do anything. With that I'm out.
To be clear, states are taking a proactive approach but different from the one you want. I have found it interesting that you find the facts actually funny in a pandemic, but that is just an opinion.

legwand77

In everyday life, it's fine to say "might be this, might be that, don't know". But science doesn't really work that way. We know that the number of deaths is a substantial undercount, and we have very good knowledge of by how much. As with everything in science, there is an uncertainty associated with that number, but that doesn't mean the number is unreliable, unknown or unknowable.
uh that is exactly what I am saying, we know there are excess deaths and the exact amount and that is how science works.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Mods have warned in other threads that doing the laughing emoji repeatedly on the same poster could get ya a temp ban. Just a heads up.

havoc315

In response to this keep in mind 25% of Covid deaths never had a Covid test. Just assumed. Truth is we will never know the actual amount of people who have/had it or died from it.

Most causes of death are "assumed" by your logic. That's how medical diagnosis works -- A physician looks at all of the factors, looks at the evidence, and reaches the best possible conclusion.
I can't go into details, but I am working with a client now: He suspected his patient had a condition, we will call it X.... but the tests were all negative. Still, based on clinical findings, he continued to suspect condition X and offered surgery. Performed surgery and sure enough -- in the surgery, discovered the patient had X. Very few diagnoses have a black and white diagnosis based on a single test.

We will never know the EXACT number of people who died from Covid. But using actual science, statistics, etc... we will be able to get a pretty darn good estimate.

legwand77

I do find it interesting to see how far off the million dollar models paid for cited by governments are off a bit. According to the official MN state model revised in mid May, MN expected deaths to total to be 29,000 with full lockdown stay at home in place until 6/1, and 49000 if no lockdown. MN cumulative total today is 1573

Attachments

• EdJPm21XgAQxTBb.png
    EdJPm21XgAQxTBb.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 52

kong1802

I do find it interesting to see how far off the million dollar models paid for cited by governments are off a bit. According to the official MN state model revised in mid May, MN expected deaths to total to be 29,000 with full lockdown stay at home in place until 6/1, and 49000 if no lockdown. MN cumulative total today is 1573

Why does the graph you attached look like it was done in crayon?

The graphs below are from that PDF....not sure why I was intrigued enough to look. I though certainly no one could have made a graph that bad as the one you posted...

As you can see they are scenario based. Where are the scenarios in the one you posted?

1595015739037.png

1595015769815.png

Polkadotdress

are they doing anything???

Nah. Apparently despite that article listing FL as one of the states that should “roll back” and consider reclosing some things, we will NOT be closing gyms because having a healthy lifestyle makes you less at risk to suffer adversely from the virus.
*Feeling like I’m living a real-life Hunger Games down here.

Last edited:

oceanbreeze77

Nah. Apparently despite that article listing FL as one of the states that should “roll back” and consider reckoning some things, we will NOT be closing gyms because having a healthy lifestyle makes you less at risk to suffer adversely from the virus.
*Feeling like I’m living a real-life Hunger Games down here.
may the odds be ever in your favor

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom