Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Where did I begrudge people going to work? As for entertaining and seeing friends, is that a want or a need?

For people who haven’t been able to work, what should have happened is that society should have provided them financial relief; thus far society has not deemed that worth its effort.
It’s a need. Maybe it’s not for you. For many it’s an actual need. Psychologically, emotionally, a need. Especially for kids.

Touchdown

It’s a need. Maybe it’s not for you. For many it’s an actual need. Psychologically, emotionally, a need. Especially for kids.

Well it wasn’t needed in Europe or Asia, that’s why they are doing so well. At some point Americans are going to need to do some self reflection and wonder why we are the only country in the developed world that can’t get this thing under control.

DisneyCane

Well it wasn’t needed in Europe or Asia, that’s why they are doing so well. At some point Americans are going to need to do some self reflection and wonder why we are the only country in the developed world that can’t get this thing under control.
Deaths per million population:

Belgium 841
UK 642
Spain 606
Italy 575
Sweden 526
France 457
USA 389

Did Europe really get it under control any better? It is likely that those countries all had far more cases per capita than they discovered because they outbreak hit earlier and they didn't have testing capacity early on either.

As with what I expect from the NYC area, I think those countries are benefiting now from some level of "herd resistance" as I have coined it. Having so many infected already helps to slow the spread regardless of other measures.

With the sheer size of the USA and the uncontrollable borders (especially in the south), it is impossible to do what Japan, Singapore and South Korea did or even Australia and New Zealand. What is common to all those is they are island nations (South Korea isn't technically but for all intents and purposes it is). China didn't control anything until they turned regions into police states.

Ksearcy

OR people could take responsibility for their lives and their families lives. My Dad (72) has not seen his grand kids in 3 months.... WHY? Because I'm not an idiot, I choose not to expose him to a virus that might kill him. My family is living their lives while protecting the ones who need protecting. I also will not live in fear because of the virus. What if we never get a vaccine? then what's your plan? You gonna hide in your house for the rest of your life? I can choose to make smart decisions and to keep me and my family safe based on odds. I will wear my mask, keep social distance, don't touch my face & frequently wash my hands.

Maybe "Little Johnny" shouldn't be hitting the clubs if he's living with someone who is at risk. And maybe Misty should not go back to work if she lives with her dad and she is concerned for him. And maybe Grandma should tell her grand kids to stay the heck home. and so on....

We don't need the government telling us we all must hide inside because Little Johnny loves the strip clubs. How about Little Johnny take some personal responsibility. How about people take some personal responsibility to protect their loved ones. We don't need to close the world because little Johnny is gonna kill his family.
But what if Little Johnny’s poor choices cause me or my family to become sick? I am a teacher here in Florida, and I am quite worried about going back to school in August and possibly being infected by students whose families have not chosen to follow government guidance. Should I have to make the decision to stay at home or take leave from work because of THEIR poor choices? Theoretically, you are right when you say that the government shouldn’t have to step in with mask requirements, shutdowns, etc. Unfortunately, too many Americans continue to prove that if left to their own devices, they will make poor and selfish choices...choices that put the rest of us in jeopardy. It very much reminds me of when I was young and the idea of instituting seatbelt laws was first debated. Under no circumstances should it be necessary for the government to require you to wear a seatbelt. However, if my memory serves me correctly, only about 30% of Americans were buckling up at the time. Seat belt laws were passed in the interest of public safety. I don’t think that many of us now look back and regret what happened. The current dangerous Covid surge necessitates government intervention, because too many of us are not taking care of business ourselves. And that puts all of us at risk.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

The mental health of society as a whole right now is at an all time low. These videos of freak outs in supermarkets are not simply 'Karens' (a term I despise). They are reflection of a collective mental breakdown that society is having as a result of these closures (all of them, not just Disney). If Disney feels they can open the parks safely and can effectively provide safety for CMs, they should do so. No one is forcing anyone to visit.

Prince-1

The mental health of society as a whole right now is at an all time low. These videos of freak outs in supermarkets are not simply 'Karens' (a term I despise). They are reflection of a collective mental breakdown that society is having as a result of these closures (all of them, not just Disney). If Disney feels they can open the parks safely and can effectively provide safety for CMs, they should do so. No one is forcing anyone to visit.

Oh many are just a bunch of Karen's who are privileged women (and a few men) who are not used to having someone video tape then when they are making fools of themselves. Sorry I don't have a psychology degree that many have ( ;)) to diagnose them but it's how I see it. Now to be fair, I am sure some of these Karen meltdowns are stress related but let's not make that an excuse to act like an idiot in public.

disneygeek90

Oh many are just a bunch of Karen's who are privileged women (and a few men) who are not used to having someone video tape then when they are making fools of themselves. Sorry I don't have a psychology degree that many have ( ;)) to diagnose them but it's how I see it.
I have a modest Bachelors in Psychology and yeah, not buying it. It's just a bunch of people putting their own wants above the rest of society thinking that somehow the rules of the world don't apply to them. As a culture USA in general values individualism over collectivism and it makes it woefully problematic during a pandemic.

Prince-1

I have a modest Bachelors in Psychology and yeah, not buying it. It's just a bunch of people putting their own wants above the rest of society thinking that somehow the rules of the world don't apply to them. As a culture USA in general values individualism over collectivism and it makes it woefully problematic during a pandemic.

I will say that they are usually very entertaining to watch. Unfortunately for the Karens, they usually wind up getting fired for their unsightly behavior.

Jimdalva

'Little Johnny', who had a nite out at the club, can infect more than just his family at home. He will also interact with countless others as he goes thru his day, who may in turn take it back to their homes. And now we Have an exponential increase !

People say ' It's personal choice, if you don't feel safe stay home' But we are All in the same boat. some people are drilling holes in the boat, 'its their freedom of choice to do so. BUT they are gonna kill us All!

Disney Glimpses

Oh many are just a bunch of Karen's who are privileged women (and a few men) who are not used to having someone video tape then when they are making fools of themselves. Sorry I don't have a psychology degree that many have ( ;)) to diagnose them but it's how I see it. Now to be fair, I am sure some of these Karen meltdowns are stress related but let's not make that an excuse to act like an idiot in public.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was defending them. Even in these times, it is ridiculous. My point is we didn't see this type of stuff before COVID. Now it's everyday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom