do you think frozen ever after will be a home run?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I think it will need to show some wow factor not just the same use of Malstrom with a different background. Some impressive tech will show its just not a rush to jump on the frozen craze.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It'll be a hit alright, a BIG hit. The only problem I see is people will say it's too short of a ride which was always a complaint about Maelstrom.

I concur with this fact/prediction... And the complaint will be 100X worse considering the fact that the line wait will be ten times as long and the attraction will be five times as popular simply because Frozen is the theme.

Although I could be wrong.. That doesn't seem to be a normal complaint with 7 dwarves mine train over in Magic Kingdom despite what I consider being unrealistic wait times.

MarkTwain

I'm sure it will be a huge hit. The technology going into it *is* going to be very impressive, and I'm sure the lines will be astronomical.

That said, I'm still not concerned with how popular it will be because:

1. The capacity will be abysmal. Assuming the ride will have a capacity roughly equivalent to Maelstrom (and it will), only a small fraction of guests entering Epcot will be able to ride it. The lines at Guest Relations may be just as bad.

2. No matter how effective the ride will be in its presentation, the concept is still badly out of place in Epcot and in World Showcase. Nothing from the NYT synopsis (nor anything I've heard otherwise) indicates that the ride will do anything to showcase actual Norwegian culture at all.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Will it be a Home Run?

That will depend on the definition of "Home Run". If your definition of "Home Run" is will it be large crowded queue line stretching thru the park, then yes. It will have people scrambling to get FP+ reservations at 12:01am 60 days ahead of their vacation. It will have parents dipping into their wallets before after and possibly during the wait for the attraction, albeit conveniently courtesy of there Magic Bands.

If you define "Home Run" as a purpose built attraction that is elegant in design and execution, then you are likely to be disappointed. A "Home Run" in this definition would have located the attraction in the correct park, in it's own venue, with an immersive supporting environment. For this type of "Home Run" please consult the plans going around for TDR's Frozen area.

For me the "Home Run" is that the rest of the park will get some relief as far as artificial line waits go. That is unless they close something else....

*1023*

AS an aside, in a related thread, we're discussing how the horrible throughput of the original attraction will create much consternation for guests attempting to participate in this attraction.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
so it sounds like they will load up on the tech to impress. I looking for top notch tech on this one I hope I am not dissapointed. Does anyone know or heard rumors of how techy it will be?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I'm sure it will be a huge hit. The technology going into it *is* going to be very impressive, and I'm sure the lines will be astronomical.

That said, I'm still not concerned with how popular it will be because:

1. The capacity will be abysmal. Assuming the ride will have a capacity roughly equivalent to Maelstrom (and it will), only a small fraction of guests entering Epcot will be able to ride it. The lines at Guest Relations may be just as bad.

2. No matter how effective the ride will be in its presentation, the concept is still badly out of place in Epcot and in World Showcase. Nothing from the NYT synopsis (nor anything I've heard otherwise) indicates that the ride will do anything to showcase actual Norwegian culture at all.

I guess they will still have the film at the end that does adress the Norwegian culture aspect? won't they have to increase the legnth of the ride somehow?

COrunner

I concur with this fact/prediction... And the complaint will be 100X worse considering the fact that the line wait will be ten times as long and the attraction will be five times as popular simply because Frozen is the theme.

Although I could be wrong.. That doesn't seem to be a normal complaint with 7 dwarves mine train over in Magic Kingdom despite what I consider being unrealistic wait times.

Agreed and for the record I am not a fan of 7DMT but I'm not the intended audience. I think the same will hold true for this ride. If they are going for an accessible ride based on a popular film this will be a home run, anyone can ride it, based on Frozen. The wait times and buzz will be akin to what TSMM has now or Winnie the Pooh or the Frozen M&G's.

Meanwhile all of us geezers (joking as a 35 yo) will yell at kids to get off our lawns in the world showcase and bemoan that they aren't doing a 'body wars' reboot.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
it will be nice to see that young excitement in EPCOT showcase area. It will be a good thing if the ride hits a home run.
so maybe the ride will be longer if they remove the film. Most people just bypassed it anyway from my experience.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
it will be nice to see that young excitement in EPCOT showcase area. It will be a good thing if the ride hits a home run.
so maybe the ride will be longer if they remove the film. Most people just bypassed it anyway from my experience.
How do you know there wasn't young excitement there before?

Mouse_Trap

All depends how you measure a home run.....

It terms of a ground breaking, innovative ride - I very much doubt it. Probably will be a mediocre and cheap overlay, little better than the Mexico Fiesta ride.

Will the pre-teen girls and pixie dusters lap it up? You bet they will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom