Do you know people who don't enjoy Disney World?

C&D

I know some (and I respect their opinion); personnally I couldn't car less about anything Las Vegas or Atlantic City (and I'm sure others would chastise me for that).

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Wow. That sucks! Seems like they would've been better off just spending the money on the tickets than wasting time and money driving there and back for nothing :brick:

Well you have to remember gas was cheap then too that was probably around 34 years ago

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My brother-in-law doesn't like to go from what I'm told due to a tramatic childhood experience. When he was a kid his parents drove up and got all the way to the main gate, I assume TTC, and found out that the ticket prices were more than they could afford so they drove all the way back to Tennessee. Kinda sucks, but we have made new memories since then.
How could that be possible? After all, ever time Disney increases ticket prices the forums erupt with cries of how inexpensive Disney use to be.:rolleyes::lol:

WDWmazprty

Well you have to remember gas was cheap then too that was probably around 34 years ago

Maybe, but to drive roughly 10 hours just to say 'no, its too expensive', then drive another 10 hours back home? No way, I would've done something while I was there. Oh well.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Maybe, but to drive roughly 10 hours just to say 'no, its too expensive', then drive another 10 hours back home? No way, I would've done something while I was there. Oh well.

Yes yours and my frame of mind are different from the crazy parents that he had. His mom is/was mentally ill and his dad used to be an alcoholic

WDWmazprty

Yes yours and my frame of mind are different from the crazy parents that he had. His mom is/was mentally ill and his dad used to be an alcoholic

Awww, poor guy. Well then I'm not surprised by that decision. Hopefully, he'll be able to go back one day and really enjoy Disney for what it is.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Not WDW, but there's a certain person who lives in Japan, he's from NY, is a comedian and used to be very funny, posted great videos...after the earthquake he was doing live updates frequently online and we were able to chat with him.

We started talking about other subjects and I asked him if he had ever been to DisneySea....he then replied yes, he had been to both of the Tokyo partks, and that no man should ever go those parks, EVER, unless you're dragged by your girlfriend. :eek:

My jaw dropped. I can understand not being the biggest fan of some of the attractions at Magic Kingdom, but I've never met anyone who hasn't at least ENJOYED DisneySea, since there's so much to do there, maybe his girlfriend left him in the Little Mermaid area too long or something.

Allygator

Yes my husband. I got him to go once. He hates the crowds. It probably doesn't help going with someone that's crazy about Disney. I like to get there when it opens and I don't like to leave until it closes. Now I am in the process of booking my second trip without him!! lol

rwdavis2

Now this is just me and not meant for anyone else, but I could not imagine being compatable with a spouse that hated WDW. I think it reflects a lack of open-mindedness and imagination.

Moaner

My husband moans about it now and again!! The worst part for him is the long flight from the UK!!
I try to think of different things to do. We get the boat to Fort Wilderness and then hire bikes and cycle round the camp ground. We dine outside at the Polynesian and watch the illuminations on the lake.
We walk from OKW to SS and go to the gym there.
At the Boardwalk we look round the Swan and Dolphin and go to the art galleries.
He likes the band at the UK pavillion in Epcot--so we always go there. Also he likes the Toy Story ride in the studios!!
He doesn`t like parades and fireworks!!!
He always loved a trip to Virgin Megastore Downtown--such a shame it has closed.

mightynine

Sure. A lot of people on this board. *rimshot*

My dad won't be itching to go again any time soon, probably because my Mom and I always wanted to go when I was growing up (and still do today, for that matter).

Like he always says, "They still got the same mouse there, right?"

mergatroid

Original Poster

Wow, what a combination! I bet it was like a Jerry Springer Disney special :lookaroun

Skylinecar1982

I know people that do. I can see how sitting on a beach with a drink could be more of your cup of tea. However I never understand how some of the people can hate Disney????:shrug:

There is something for everyone at WDW. Relaxing to going full speed ahead. I think I a lot of people who hate WDW just haven't experienced the part of Disney that appeals to them.

m&mmom

My brother in law absolutley hates it. He feels there is nothing to do and you can finish it all in one day. I on the other hand feel the 8 days we go a year is simply not enough. I can never do everything and we stay in the parks until they close. He took his children and apparently at 4 and 7 they "hated" it. How? I can not possibly imagine, but I am sure it has something to do with their father complaining all day about the place.
I have also found others that hate it, but all as a result of a miserable trip they have years ago.
When I go to Disney I feel like I've come home. I cry every time I get on Mainstreet first time each year.

cowanfamily

My brother-in-law doesn't like to go from what I'm told due to a tramatic childhood experience. When he was a kid his parents drove up and got all the way to the main gate, I assume TTC, and found out that the ticket prices were more than they could afford so they drove all the way back to Tennessee. Kinda sucks, but we have made new memories since then.

There had to be some major arguing on that ride back!

My sister doesn't get it either. She spends half of her day looking for the smoking area when she comes to the park. The other half of the day is spent asking why they don't sell acohol in the MK. She hasn't been asked back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom