Do you know people who don't enjoy Disney World?

Obi

Yeah, I know several people who don't like WDW, one being my mother. She tolerates it, but she's always disliked the state of Florida and everything in it. It's funny because my father is absolutely obsessed with Florida and really loves everything about the state.

I have a few friends that aren't impressed with WDW, but they are the type of friends that, "if it doesn't want to make your eyeballs sink into the back of your head, than it isn't worth it," type. I think only one of them has a pure hatred for Disney (even though the majority believe the parks to be for toddlers). He only went once, and did something really stupid while on property, got in trouble for it, and has been a hater and a big critic since, never viewing the situation as his fault. He sees it as Disney's fault.

ok, the obvious question is what did this friend do that he got into trouble for?

Communicore

A lot of Orlando locals hate it for some odd reason. Their the type who dislike change and all that, who wish Orlando had not turned "pop" heh heh..

acishere

My father, though I'm glad he hates Disney. Means if I go he is free to watch my dog. He just hates rides, waits, and anything overpriced in general.

Its weird though because I inherited the sarcastic grump genes, yet I love taking a Disney trip. Also weird because I hate giant tourist traps in most other places.

jim1051

In my experience, those who don't like it, don't plan, don't stay in disney resorts, go at the worst times, would never stoop to reading about it in a guide book, etc

mergatroid

Original Poster
Yeah, I know several people who don't like WDW, one being my mother. She tolerates it, but she's always disliked the state of Florida and everything in it. It's funny because my father is absolutely obsessed with Florida and really loves everything about the state.

I have a few friends that aren't impressed with WDW, but they are the type of friends that, "if it doesn't want to make your eyeballs sink into the back of your head, than it isn't worth it," type. I think only one of them has a pure hatred for Disney (even though the majority believe the parks to be for toddlers). He only went once, and did something really stupid while on property, got in trouble for it, and has been a hater and a big critic since, never viewing the situation as his fault. He sees it as Disney's fault.

Well, come on :shrug:

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
Dad cannot stand Disney World. He took us in 1973 and has never gone again. Mom has tolerated it a couple of more times. My husband has gone on a few family trips but he's not crazy about it. He's coming with us in January because our daughter is a senior and he wants to do as much as he can with us.

Chevross

Sorry guys, I was away from the computer for a moment.

He was laying down on the sidewalk and when a security guard tried to tell him to move along, they got into a dispute. I was told he flipped off the guard and was removed from the park. A few friends and I were at a quick service when his boyfriend came and told us what had taken place.

Sarabell

Last time I was in WDW (yes, 15 years ago) my dad and my cousin´s husband agreed that they would never come back unless they came with grandchildren (grandchildren haven´t happened yet) but they sure had enjoyed themselves!

some people jwant to think that WDW is just a place to take your kids, and they don´t like to admit that when in WDW they become kids themselves... I like to call them bitter party poopers!

and just for the record, I do love my bitter party pooper dad :lol:

209vaughn

People who dont like Disney World, (or other Disney related things) usually are the following...

1) Tend to not have that "kid at heart" attitude.
2) Dont enjoy Disney characters and stories. (if you dont like the movies, you wont like the parks)

Scuttle

I knew this old hag that didn't like Disney at all. She got in free and still hated it, but she was a lush that hated life, so who knows. She also had 3 kids from 3 different fathers. Lol. She probably didn't like the MK because she couldn't drink. That's about the only person I know though.

Bravo 229

I usually go to the parks with my family (we're seasonal passholders), and while they claim they "enjoy" going, a couple of them always want to leave the parks after we've been there only an hour - and we never get there until the afternoon or evening. They won't stay around to watch the fireworks, they don't want to browse the shops, and its always a foot race to see how fast they can get out of the park. :fork: I don't know what their deal is, but if I want to enjoy the parks, I have to go by myself.

A few of my friends hate the parks, using the "too hot, expensive, long lines" excuses every time I ask them if they want to go. Who knows, maybe they just had a bad experience before and aren't willing to give it another try. :shrug:

MissM

A lot of Orlando locals hate it for some odd reason. Their the type who dislike change and all that, who wish Orlando had not turned "pop" heh heh..
Actually, expand that; a lot of Florida residents in general don't like Disney. But they're often ok with other theme parks. :shrug:

SAV

My neighbors went this past June and didn't like it. Well one of them didn't like it. They actually sold their last day left on the passes to some place for like $20 each and they hadn't gone to AK yet. For the $20, I would have at least gone to see it. They didn't do much of what I had said to do and did do much of what I said not to do...well DUH!! I heard "it was too much walking", "it was expensive", "too crowded", "I was too tired", etc. I asked, "Did you go on..." and I got a "No". I had explained Fast Pass and how to use it, but they didn't listen.

Another one is my wife's friend. She was down in Florida for a girls trip with other friends so they decided to go to DW for a day. They are in their upper 30's and picked to go to MK on a holiday weekend. She hated it. Honestly, I thought it was a dumb choice to go to MK for that group. They should have done Epcot and drank around the world. If my wife were there, she would have been able to help them out a bit and likely not pick MK. Same "Too Crowded" type of stuff.

So, yes I know people who don't like it.

coachwnh

i have several friends that have come back and said never again. they just cant believe how often we go and how much we love it. there is just so much to see and so many places to eat, etc. i have friends that said they feel they put in their one family trip as an obligation to their kids, but they will never go again. even had one say they couldnt understand why they call it the happiest place on earth if parents are always snapping at kids that are always crying. i guess we dont all feel the magic!

Ya know, I had a friend who was going just back in July. I gave him a lot of tips, and prepared him, but I was very worried that the high summer crowds and heat would ruin it for him...boy was I wrong, he, his wife, and kids ALL loved it!!! :D

daveo43175

Some people mostly associate it with long lines, crowds, heat & humidity, etc. If they came at the right time of year they'd have a different impression.

This describes my neighbor exactly. He has been there twice, both times in July. When he came home he did nothing but whine about the heat, the lines, the cost and on and on and on. He refused to use the fast pass because, and I quote: "there has to be a cost there somewhere that they stick you with."

He thinks I exaggerate about how small the crowds we see in Sept. are, which are next to none.

Some people will never get it.

peachykeen

My uncle hates it. He lives in California and every time I am there visiting I offer to get him into DLR (CMs get in free with 3 Guests) and he can always tell what I am about to ask. I say "Hey, do you want to go to...." and he cuts of with "Noooooo WAY." It's more comical now than anything, and he isn't one of the people who bashes me for loving it, so I don't bash him for hating it.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
My brother-in-law doesn't like to go from what I'm told due to a tramatic childhood experience. When he was a kid his parents drove up and got all the way to the main gate, I assume TTC, and found out that the ticket prices were more than they could afford so they drove all the way back to Tennessee. Kinda sucks, but we have made new memories since then.

WDWmazprty

My brother-in-law doesn't like to go from what I'm told due to a tramatic childhood experience. When he was a kid his parents drove up and got all the way to the main gate, I assume TTC, and found out that the ticket prices were more than they could afford so they drove all the way back to Tennessee. Kinda sucks, but we have made new memories since then.

Wow. That sucks! Seems like they would've been better off just spending the money on the tickets than wasting time and money driving there and back for nothing :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom