Do you get the feeling universal is one step ahead of Disney

Incomudro

That's so much worse than yet another water raft ride, and a Soarin 2.0. Hey, maybe we can ride Frozen - nope broken down. PotC - nope, broken. Space Mountain! Nope, broken. Test Track! Nope, raining. 7DMT! Nope, 200 minute wait.

I guess I'll shove a cupcake in my mouth, best over priced day old cupcake ever!

Now excuse me while I waste an FP+ on IaSW.

LOL When I went to Universal last year I was stuck in the Potter cue for nearly two hours.
The ride kept going down.
The Hulk coaster was down.
Rip Ride Rocket went down a couple of times.
Half the JP animatronics worked.
The water was way over priced.
But yeah, the redundant 3D screen rides worked.

Tom Morrow

*Universal opens yet another mediocre, samey screen attraction with no substance or depth but you sure do get shaken in front of a 3D screen, water sprays on you, and there's a simulated fall* = "See but everything works!! Unlike the YETI. This is why Universal is SO much better than Disney now."

- this forum
That's possibly because there's very little left to break. The coaster system itself is relatively simple and akin to numerous rides in other parks.
On a scale of roller coasters from simple to technically complex, Everest is at least moderate.
What is high tech about pandora? Plants that glow is not and they certainly had a horrible time with the concept at rivers of light? Maybe the Shaman? OK yes, but that took 7 years?
Again, Pandora took 6* years because for the first three or so they couldn't decide on what to build. I've seen Pandora, it's not super high tech, but it is extremely well done.

Incomudro

LOL When I went to Universal last year I was stuck in the Potter cue for nearly two hours.
And if you're going to call FoP Soarin' 2.0 without having ridden it, without even seeing the land - then your argument is weak.

Tom Morrow

That's so much worse than yet another water raft ride, and a Soarin 2.0. Hey, maybe we can ride Frozen - nope broken down. PotC - nope, broken. Space Mountain! Nope, broken. Test Track! Nope, raining. 7DMT! Nope, 200 minute wait.

I guess I'll shove a cupcake in my mouth, best over priced day old cupcake ever!

Now excuse me while I waste an FP+ on IaSW.
Rides break down at both resorts all the time at the same rate, but you'll notice it more at the one you're more jaded towards. A second Soarin' is better than a fifth Soarin'.

Some of you really need to step away from this forum and breathe.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Rides break down at both resorts all the time at the same rate, but you'll notice it more at the one you're more jaded towards. A second Soarin' is better than a fifth Soarin'.

So you don't mind shooting words but can't stand getting words shot back at you. Noted.

And if you're going to call FoP Soarin' 2.0 without having ridden it, without even seeing the land - then your argument is weak.

I'm riding it this weekend so move along kid.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Water is free just like it is at WDW. If you want bottled water, it's the same at both places - except the city walk exit where you have to lean over a little and pay a dollar more. That's pretty terrible.

If we want to attack Uni, Gringotts is down almost as often as Frozen.

Tom Morrow

Universal did raise the bar with WWoHP (and only WWoHP). Disney is now meeting it. They never, ever even had to play catch up. It sucks that the resort stagnated for a while in the late 00's and early 2010's, but clearly it didn't affect WDW's long term popularity as the parks are now consistently busier than they've ever been.

They've overhauled and refurbished all of MK (though it still needs a new E-ticket, which there are now rumblings of that happening)
DAK upgrades completed.
DHS complete overhaul in progress.
Plans for Epcot overhaul in the works, even though it does well enough on it's own because of festivals.
Downtown Disney overhauled, expanded, and converted into the (almost too) upscale Disney Springs, which completely blows CityWalk away.

"BUT THE YETIIIIIIIIIII"

And just to be clear, I don't praise everything Disney does and criticize everything Universal does. I despise Fastpass+ and how stressful it is to ride anything at WDW these days, for one thing.
So you don't mind shooting words but can't stand getting words shot back at you. Noted.
Don't know how this applies to anything I said? Sorry if I find a whiny, knee-jerk "BUT THE RIDES WERE BROKEN!!!!!!" post to be kind of pathetic. Any theme park nerd should know that rides regularly go down at any theme park, and sometimes you will have bad luck and have multiple attraction downtimes affect your day.

Last edited:

Incomudro

Correct.
I didn't think much of the situations re. the rides at Uni last year.
I accepted it for what it was.
But is spork wants to play that game...

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Correct.
I didn't think much of the situations re. the rides at Uni last year.
I accepted it for what it was.
But is spork wants to play that game...

Yes, because I started the thread. Oh, wait.

Yes, and you dismissed it down before having even ridden "kid."

I've seen enough videos of it to know what to expect when I do ride it.

Technically Gringotts was cutting edge and opened before it was ready.

Frozenstrom however...

As much as I want to hate the Frozenstrom ride (only because I really liked Maelstrom) I actually really like it. They need to improve uptime though, it's been down 90% of the times I've been to Epcot over the last few months.

disney4life2008

*Universal opens yet another mediocre, samey screen attraction with no substance or depth but you sure do get shaken in front of a 3D screen, water sprays on you, and there's a simulated fall* = "See but everything works!! Unlike the YETI. This is why Universal is SO much better than Disney now."

- this forum

On a scale of roller coasters from simple to technically complex, Everest is at least moderate.

Again, Pandora took 6* years because for the first three or so they couldn't decide on what to build. I've seen Pandora, it's not super high tech, but it is extremely well done.

Sorry, plants that light is not exciting. And I would hope the land is exciting given the amount of time it took. But a 5 minute river journey with an anticipated 2 plus hour wait and flying on a bird.. yea that is really exciting lol

disney4life2008

Universal did raise the bar with WWoHP (and only WWoHP). Disney is now meeting it. They never, ever even had to play catch up. It sucks that the resort stagnated for a while in the late 00's and early 2010's, but clearly it didn't affect WDW's long term popularity as the parks are now consistently busier than they've ever been.

They've overhauled and refurbished all of MK (though it still needs a new E-ticket, which there are now rumblings of that happening)
DAK upgrades completed.
DHS complete overhaul in progress.
Plans for Epcot overhaul in the works, even though it does well enough on it's own because of festivals.
Downtown Disney overhauled, expanded, and converted into the (almost too) upscale Disney Springs, which completely blows CityWalk away.

"BUT THE YETIIIIIIIIIII"

And just to be clear, I don't praise everything Disney does and criticize everything Universal does. I despise Fastpass+ and how stressful it is to ride anything at WDW these days, for one thing.

Don't know how this applies to anything I said? Sorry if I find a whiny, knee-jerk "BUT THE RIDES WERE BROKEN!!!!!!" post to be kind of pathetic. Any theme park nerd should know that rides regularly go down at any theme park, and sometimes you will have bad luck and have multiple attraction downtimes affect your day.

I am sorry Disney Springs does not blow city walk away. To be fair, all disney springs is, is another open air mall in the state of florida. The entire set up is no different than any other mall here. And there is nothing unique about disney springs that you cant find elsewhere maybe except for the fact there are disney stores.

City walk provides shopping, dining, and entertainment which appeals to the masses. I have found a lot of people going to disney springs during the day early evening them going to city walk at night: still a win for both. And do not discount universal, they have a huge plot of land that is already being reported to be city walk 2.0.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I am sorry Disney Springs does not blow city walk away. To be fair, all disney springs is, is another open air mall in the state of florida. The entire set up is no different than any other mall here. And there is nothing unique about disney springs that you cant find elsewhere maybe except for the fact there are disney stores.

City walk provides shopping, dining, and entertainment which appeals to the masses. I have found a lot of people going to disney springs during the day early evening them going to city walk at night: still a win for both. And do not discount universal, they have a huge plot of land that is already being reported to be city walk 2.0.

Disney Springs has sadly become an overpriced and underwhelming outlet mall competitor. It used to be wonderful, but now it's best just avoided.

disneygeek90

I think it could be easy to argue DS does this, and better. I far prefer the DS dining options vs City Walk's. While they have a few unique restaurants, I can get a Moes burrito anywhere.

DS also has far better street entertainment at night, imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom