do you find it amusing when it rains?

Susan Savia

When it rains in the parks, it's just business as usual for us. I flip up my mini umbrella and keep on. Walking from World Showcase to Future World last visit, it began raining moderately heavy and people were scattering for shelter and here we are just strolling along...

Next Visit - January 2009

It's like coming home again......

DisneyMusician2

The small rainstorms are the best!

I don't mind the cold at all if it means a few shorter lines on some attractions. I just keep my jacket on in the AC that I always weat when there is some rain the forecast.

Without a doubt I love rain in general, but put me at WDW with rain and it's nearly heaven. Being caught in the rain some places are better than others. For example, this past summer I was in AK near the Nemo show building when it began to rain. The closest place to dodge the downpour was under the large dinosaur at the entrance to Dinoland. Pointless - the rain continued around the curved girth of the dinosaur to drip off the belly underneath. My 20 or so new-found friends and I stood there trying to place ourselves between the drips. Some of the best places to wait out a storm are those open-aired locales in the parks where you might can find a seat and something to drink or snack on. Resorts have their special places too. And the mass-transit boats can be pretty cool.

sublimesting

I love the rain but especially at WDW. and especially at DAK! I think it really adds to the theming! I must say that I do start to randomly crack up everytime I pass Tatooine Traders because My family and I were stuck in there once for about 45 minutes when Lightning struck the AT-AT :eek:

I also think subconciously(sp?) it might have to do with the fact that I can bust out my awesome Mickey PONCHO!!!! HAHAHA

It always rains on us at DAK...and that is THE BEST time to go on the safari as all the animals are having a ball!

1WDWFAN

I wouldn't say that I enjoy the rain, but I wouldn't let it ruin my vacation.
My wife and I spent our two week honeymoon at WDW and it rained two of the days.... We just through on our poncho's and headed out. The MK was like a ghost town! We must have rode SM and BTMR a dozen times. But I think I started to get hypothermia in the Haunted Mansion :rolleyes:

DisneyWales

I found this recent video clip of a rain storm at Downtown Disney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNx-X1a5Gjk

I think thats the day we went to Sea World, day started out nice, but then all of a sudden, i felt a drop, and stopped and said to my family "this is going to get nasty very fast." So we rushed inside the atlantis shop and waited for it to pass, it was a little too heavy to be outside playing in it that day, the lighting bolt that hit within the park kinda warned us all not to step outside.

bgraham34

I love the smell of it. But I don't like when it does not stop. 15 minutes of it is great. You see people running but I just keep walking like the rain never came.

Tiggerfanatic

We've never run into any rain to speak of in any of our trips, but I agree with everyone else - you can only get so wet!! Maybe it comes from living on a farm, and the chores have to be done rain or shine. I've been to fairs & horse shows where I've used baling twine to keep my pants up, they were so wet and heavy. After you reach that point, what difference does it make? I would be strolling along, jumping in the puddles, too.

WhatJaneSays

Personally I love rain at any time and still act like a kid if I get caught in it. I only worry when there is lightning.

If I'm with little ones as WDW the rain is a bit of a drag. Wet squirming kids are not fun to deal with when they get frustrated or tired. And the outside shows/parades they all want to see get canceled so the little ones get annoyed. But the fun gets made up by dancing around in the rain and splashing each other. One time when we were just leaving the Festival of the Lion King it started pouring and every one stayed hutted up as best they could while the group of us ran out and played around the mostly deserted Camp Minnie-Mickey singing Lion King songs.

Now if I'm just with my friends we take every opportunity to get soaked. We even play in the fountains at DTD. If anyone sees a few 20-somethings dancing around at the Mickey Fountain (or anywhere else at Disney for that matter) in matching shirts with names like "Jain" "Chewie" "Fangirl" "LP" or "Ranger-boy!" on them ... yeah, that's probably us. :lookaroun

ThinkTink721

I think it is funny how in a matter of about 30 seconds, everyone is magically wearing ponchos!

We were very lucky on our recent Sept. trip - it only rained on us once during our entire 11 day stay at WDW.

I-4Warrior

I'm not a big fan of the rain, but over the last 8 years as a passholder, I've come to appreciate the rain as a strong ally as it drives non-Floridians back to their hotels in droves, leaving wait times shorter for me!

I have however realized that I'm now an adult, as I insist on keeping an extra pair of shoes and socks in the car so I can keep my feet as dry as possible preventing a miserable ride home (or remainder of the day at the parks providing it's a typical here-and-gone Florida storm).

rsoxguy

Let me think:

1. Soaking wet clothes that pick up every stain off of every surface- CHECK
  2. Wet, blister inducing shoes and socks- CHECK
  3. Freezing in the A/C when it should be a relief from the heat- CHECK
  4. Vacation money spent on trash bag ponchos with Mickey on the back- CHECK
  5. Huddling close to strangers under every rain-free surface- CHECK
Hmm..... I would have to that no, I'm not particularly fond of rainy days at WDW. :eek:

MKMICKEYFAN#1

I think its hilarious when it rains for the mere fact that within minutes everyone is either using and umbrella, wearing a poncho, or crowding in the shops. The poncho thing is crazy as people will spend all the money for one and then within a matter of minutes after they finally get it on, the rain stops. The thing that many many many people don't realize is that Florida rain ends just as quickly as it starts. I've noticed if it starts raining and I am not in a park to actually leave to go to the park because my the time I get there alot of people have already left thinking that it will be a washout...

By far the best things I ever heard was guests asking me why can't Disney control the weather...I always replied with...Walt was working on that but never finished... haha:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom