Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Somewhat unwelcomed by other members

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Very unwelcomed by other members

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WDWspider

PixarDust, are you having some problems? Sorry to hear so, but there are many friendly people here, just give it some time, I'm sure you will like it here. :) :p

WDWspider

Originally posted by spider-man
PixarDust, are you having some problems? Sorry to hear so, but there are many friendly people here, just give it some time, I'm sure you will like it here. :) :p

It's just your first month and there are thousands of members who you have yet to have contact with... like me for example.:D

Cliff

This group is not really any different than any other group I've seen on the net. We have serious people, funny people, sensitive people, insensitive people, thin skined, thick skinned, bright and dim people...etc...

It's par for the course....The world population in a microcosm.

I'm glad to have everyone here. The mix keeps things interesting.

CT : - )

DisJosh

I feel welcomed...always have. It's just that lately most of the newere members ignore me. :( Do I smell or something??

Erika

Originally posted by DisJosh
I feel welcomed...always have. It's just that lately most of the newere members ignore me. :( Do I smell or something??

*sniff* *sniff*

Lil bit, yeah :lol:

j/k Josh.

Lhriangel

Originally posted by DisJosh

I've always felt very welcomed too :) :)...

But umm... I don't think you smell.. what are us members you know not good enough for you any more ;).

DisJosh

Lol you're ALL good enough!! Honest...

It's just that I'd like to be acknowledged when I post in the general forum....that seems to be where most of the newer members hang out. I want back in....it's like they kicked me out! lol

And I can't help it if I have a distinct odor...I call it 'Manly Man' I'm gonna bottle it and sell it. :D :lookaroun

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm the neutral vote. I felt neither welcome nor unwelcome when I first arrived.

I must admit that the old chat room helped. I was able to "talk" to people from the forums (mainly DisJosh, Tramp, mightyduck, Jay-Rod, marky, Ariel, Eeyore, Jay London, Miss Minnie, Maria, and "The Boss"...to name a few)...so I wasn't as shy about posting. Then, I responded through PM to people who made a post that struck a chord with me, and others did the same about mine. (Which reminds me, I owe darthDarrell a PM)

Believe it or not, when the forums were smaller, I took the time to welcome anyone who had made a few interesting posts ("keepers"), and I also PMed all of my "kids" every few days. It just takes too long now!!!

I feel like there are many people who I would like to know better, but I just can't keep up with it anymore...although I do find myself in little conversations from time to time. ;) I have a hard time keeping up with birthdays...I almost missed Piglet's, and I'm sure I've missed many, many, others!

So please don't feel that you're being ignored....I feel like I'm ignoring my "old" friends, never mind the new ones!

dreamer

Originally posted by 10021982
This group is not really any different than any other group I've seen on the net. We have serious people, funny people, sensitive people, insensitive people, thin skined, thick skinned, bright and dim people...etc...

It's par for the course....The world population in a microcosm.

I'm glad to have everyone here. The mix keeps things interesting.

CT : - )

Some members are only concerned about what others think about them.

Others are more interactive -- they have input as well as output.

Others very concerned about the feelings of others.

I don't know why I added to what 100 said. I think his post says it all.

darthdarrel

When I first came onto WDWmagic I was very welcomed although as of late I have had some attacks against me,but like everyone said your gunna get that no matter what discussion board you go to.Infact I used to post on newsgroups ,now I am a dolphin fan,and not the football team! LOL!and I posted on a dolphin lovers newsgroup, that I loved going to Sea world with my family and going to see the dolphins,Big mistake! I started getting flamed even death threats from members of PETA! I was afraid, for awhile,to even open up my e mail!:eek: This board is tame by far to that hell I went through.

aim

I felt very welcome. And I still do. Like others have said, you will run into a time when you may get attacked by other members....but that's life. People don't always see eye to eye. So, conflicts happen! But I still feel very welcome on the boards and I totally love it here! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom