• Somewhat unwelcomed by other members

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Very unwelcomed by other members

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horizons38

Premium Member
For me i felt very welcomed ! It also is the first time i join ANY kind of online group at all, so i knew i would probably make some mistakes and either seem very dumb or offend a few people. I tried anyways and i have been very pleasantly surprised . ( unless i am completely clueless and everyone thinks i am a...! !):D I am still very new here and hopefully will continue to make a few friends !:)

Maria

Honestly, I don´t see the point of this poll. As Erika said, if I didn´t feel welcome, I wouldn´t be posting here and would take my energies somewhere else. I don´t see why anyone would want to stay if he/she didn´t feel welcome.

I post what I feel like saying when I feel like saying it, and if people don´t like it, then let it be... they can reply to me and I will respect their opinions as long as they respect mine.

I believe the the key for a successful forum is RESPECT and as long as we respect each other, polls like this should not exist.

Thank you. (I hope I made sense...) ;)

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Maria
Honestly, I don´t see the point of this poll. As Erika said, if I didn´t feel welcome, I wouldn´t be posting here and would take my energies somewhere else. I don´t see why anyone would want to stay if he/she didn´t feel welcome.

I post what I feel like saying when I feel like saying it, and if people don´t like it, then let it be... they can reply to me and I will respect their opinions as long as they respect mine.

I believe the the key for a successful forum is RESPECT and as long as we respect each other, polls like this should not exist.

[Thank you. (I hope I made sense...) ;)]
HUH?:confused: :lol:

WDWFREAK53

I voted for "somewhat welcome" but it wasn't because of the people on the forums AT ALL...it was more ME...I kinda felt out of place because this was my FIRST real "forum" that I became a member of. But, once I felt comfortable...I realized that 99% of the people here are like family...or...Ohana :)

I first started posting and kept to myself and then I met 2 people...(Spider-man & tiggerlover1971) and they kinda broke me out of my shell (thanks guys)...and then it expanded. (maybe not for the better :hammer: ) (Tramp and Angelique helped too)

Now I consider a LOT of people friends...some I am closer to than others but you will never catch me saying anything negative towards someone from these forums unless they deliberately do something towards me (and even then...I take it with a grain of salt). (Darthdarrel will say that I say negative things about him all the time but that's because we're playing around...and we both know that we're not serious)

I could start and name them but I wouldn't want to do that...because I would feel VERY badly if I left someone out.

Ok...so if I got NOTHING across by this post I'm sorry...but I think I kinda made a point :lol:

But...like Spider-man said...very clever name :)
(Oh...and Josh...(both of you :lol: ) my name is Brian...nice to meet you)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Maria

Thank you. (I hope I made sense...) ;)

Maria...I understood what you were getting across :)
(and I respect your opinion :lol: )

But Maria is right...if you don't agree with someone...don't become childish...you can voice your opinion but respect theirs also. (I think that's what you were trying to get across)
If it wasn't... I'll third that... HUH?

Maria

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Maria...I understood what you were getting across :)
(and I respect your opinion :lol: )

But Maria is right...if you don't agree with someone...don't become childish...you can voice your opinion but respect theirs also. (I think that's what you were trying to get across)
If it wasn't... I'll third that... HUH?

Yeah.. that´s what I meant. (I guess!)
I just don´t see why we are having this poll... honestly, if I didn´t feel welcome, I wouldn´t be here! IF I didn´t feel welcome, I would certainly not be asking people to love me or pretend I´m someone else just for people to like me. At least, that´s not me... this is who I am, and I hope people respect me as I try to do too, but if I don´t feel that, I don´t panic or die of sadness, I just find some other place to go. :animwink:

Maria

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
sorry - I just realized something...

IGNORE

Chiiit... I should have quoted you before my previous reply!
Now you got me curious... how did the line you quoted from me come across? :veryconfu

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Pixardust
Just a poll :)

Hey Pixardust *points to bottom of my sig*
I remember hearing this in High School...
One way to get in good is to join a club :lol:

You could join the IASW Evil Doll Resistance... for more details see either DMC-12, myself, Jrashadb, Angelique, or anyone that has the word RESISTANCE in their sig (unless it's a Protector trying to FRONT!!!) (IASW Song thread)

Or...the band of mullethunters...we are a lively bunch (much like the crocodile hunter) who do not want to rid the world of mullets...BUT...analyze and study the behavior of the mulletwearers...(for more information...see... "Mullets" thread)

aim

Re: Re: Do you feel welcome by other members?

You could join the IASW Evil Doll Resistance... for more details see either DMC-12, myself, Jrashadb, Angelique, or anyone that has the word RESISTANCE in their sig (unless it's a Protector trying to FRONT!!!) (IASW Song thread)

Or...the band of mullethunters...we are a lively bunch (much like the crocodile hunter) who do not want to rid the world of mullets...BUT...analyze and study the behavior of the mulletwearers...(for more information...see... "Mullets" thread)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pixardust

Original Poster
I voted for "somewhat welcome" but it wasn't because of the people on the forums AT ALL...it was more ME...I kinda felt out of place because this was my FIRST real "forum" that I became a member of. But, once I felt comfortable...I realized that 99% of the people here are like family...or...Ohana :)

I first started posting and kept to myself and then I met 2 people...(Spider-man & tiggerlover1971) and they kinda broke me out of my shell (thanks guys)...and then it expanded. (maybe not for the better :hammer: ) (Tramp and Angelique helped too)

Now I consider a LOT of people friends...some I am closer to than others but you will never catch me saying anything negative towards someone from these forums unless they deliberately do something towards me (and even then...I take it with a grain of salt). (Darthdarrel will say that I say negative things about him all the time but that's because we're playing around...and we both know that we're not serious)

I could start and name them but I wouldn't want to do that...because I would feel VERY badly if I left someone out.

Ok...so if I got NOTHING across by this post I'm sorry...but I think I kinda made a point :lol:

But...like Spider-man said...very clever name :)
(Oh...and Josh...(both of you :lol: ) my name is Brian...nice to meet you)

nice to meet you too Brian! :)

Pixardust

Original Poster
:) Hi, I'm sure that you all aren't even near done reply to this topic... but I wanted to thank you all for your input. It's been very helpful to me, being as I am a new member here. This is the first time in 2-3 years that I've really gotten back into the 'Disney' community. Its a lot different different now, and I think there is a lot of new information that I'm not up to date on.

I hope you'll all be patient with me as I get back into the swing of things. A few people I know I've gotten off on the wrong foot with, but thats ok. I'm sure I won't get along with everyone. I hope to become part of this community though, and that you'll all embrace me as I join in.

DanStat

In a forum with as many members as it has, it's nearly impossible to welcome everyone.

Your definition of feeling welcome might be different than mine...

I don't really see why anyone wouldn't feel welcome, unless they came in and "re-arranged the furniture"!

Testtrack321

I bet you got that one quick! :lol: One of the first AIM users. Anway, Pixidust, you might want to blame yourself for some attacks. Look at you blasting people left and right beacuse your the mail boy at Viacom or something and you know all about Disney. Some people have OPINIONS. Some have other SOURCES. I think your paranoid and very self centered if you worry about what others think of you. People probably see me as a military avoiding, thrill ride loving, progressive.

darthdarrel

Re: Re: Do you feel welcome by other members?

Don`t listen to FREAK! HE`s EVIL! Now you can join the IASW doll protectors to protect those innocent loving caring dolls against the Evil, resistance people!:D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I wouldn't know... I joined these boards the second month of the new design, and posted infrequently until I got a more definite internet connection... I guess I feel welcomed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom