DLR D23 Discussion & News

CaptinEO

I agree with this except for the new fireworks show. I’d put that under “Good” at least. I’m not a big fan of DL Forever
I just saw DL forever for the first time a few weeks ago. (No AP and went on a last minute trip).

It was as normal as any clip show firework I guess. Not a huge fan but didn't dislike it, it's alright. Had nothing to do with Disneyland despite the title.

I don't understand Disneyland with fireworks, seems they tend to rotate their selection of fireworks. They had Forever this year but I'm sure after Halloween and Christmas it would be RDCT or Mix Magic or Pixar thing if they hadn't announced a new show.

I'm glad they keep it interesting by swapping shows regularly.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Guava rolls are great!

My wife and I thought he was going to announce In N Out.
I also thought it was In-N-Out, which would have made my day, but I also know those lines would be NASTY.

Porto’s will do, though those lines will definitely be bad.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
You can totally tell the TL/ People Mover bit was supposed to be part of the reveals. He kept using words like “Tomorrow” or “Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” but almost felt weird emphasizing them but at the same time rehearsed them so many times.
I thought the exact same thing. Also, the way it ended was awkward and abrupt. It wasn’t supposed to end that way. I bet they were saving Tomorrowland for dead last, but plans changed last minute, for whatever reason(s).

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
He also said that the heart of the 100th anniversary is Disneyland, hinting that most of the theme park stuff would be happening here (naturally). We’re the heart, but all we’re getting is a platinum-theme and two nighttime shows?

This was supposed to be a segue into the Tomorrowland announcement, especially if you consider the buzz words that D’Amaro kept throwing out, as @mickEblu pointed out. I’m convinced.

BrianLo

This was supposed to be a segue into the Tomorrowland announcement, especially if you consider the buzz words that D’Amaro kept throwing out, as @mickEblu pointed out. Im convinced.

Yes, I agree. They notoriously chop and edit these things until the very last minute. I think they decided to back burner this when they kept the WDW blue sky segment in.

waltography

Porto's was yummy! Which I had never heard about before. Din Tai Fung I've been to in Taipei/Shanghai and that's also quite the 'get' for DTD.
Congrats on your very first Porto’s baked goods; be prepared for boarding group-level lines as is common in the Porto’s-es in LA. 😂

Yep. Josh also said there are some things that are coming, but that he can’t announce yet. Aka the Tomorrowand re-do.
Was convinced of this too. I really do think the blue sky segment was a segment added late in development as padding in case they needed to cut any announcements. The vibe in the room during this segment was confused enthusiasm; nice to hear where WDI’s head is at, but thoroughly confused why so much time is being spent at “what if’s.”

waltography

I've got my bingo card ready for tomorrow. Anything else I missed?

View attachment 665887
Man, didn’t even get a bingo.

39826E6F-DEB0-450E-8966-B47E4EE02580.jpeg

Newtwo

Somehow the parks panel managed to be more underwhelming than the Marvel / Lucas Film panel yesterday.

Whole d23 was a dud.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So I ended up not watching this live as I had to work, just finished watching it and caught up with the thread.

Thoughts.....

Disappointed there was no announcement on TL/Peoplemover. But I agree with what some have pointed out it does appear that things were cut from the presentation (which we know happens all the time), maybe because they weren't quite ready to announce it, maybe some plans changed last minute. But its appears that this is still in the works given the sprinkle of clues during the presentation. Maybe @GiveMeTheMusic can give some insights. Suspect we'll get a Disney Parks Blog announcement on this later.

Disappointed that PtN still hasn't come back, maybe the hints that more is coming to DLR for the 100th also means a later announcement for PtN to return in summer 2023. One can hope...

I do like that the character ExoSuit they showed previously is being used for a Hulk M&G, this along with maybe a Ralph M&G is what I expected they would do with this. Who knows maybe even a Harold M&G in the future lol.....

I'm ok with the Avengers 3rd attraction, King Thanos is a good storyline from the comics. So it'll be interesting to see what they do.

San Fransokyo is good for me as I like Big Hero 6, over all I don't expect a big change here but mostly just some thematic changes to fit the look of the movie.

Beyond that this year was just meh..... The presentation has become more about reviewing things since the last D23 than new announcements. It appears they want to push most new announcements to the Disney Parks Blog.

DrAlice

I actually do believe him. I think a lot of signs point to the presentation being cut short with announcements being removed.
I guess I should be more clear. I think whatever they were going to say is some blue sky thing that probably won't happen.

That mess of "what ifs" and rehash of Disney Parks Blog vagaries left me skeptical of everything they announce. Going into this D23, we knew from past experience that the announcements have to be taken with a grain of salt. But this mess just pushed me from somewhat skeptical all the way into "believe it when I see it" camp.

I'm starting to wonder why they even had this panel. What was the point?

Brer Panther

Where is everybody getting the idea that Moana fits in Animal Kingdom? It's not about animals. It's focused on humans and it's set in Polynesia. Just because there's a pig, a chicken, and a crab in it as supporting characters doesn't mean it fits in Animal Kingdom. It'd be like shoving a Mary Poppins ride in Animal Kingdom because there's a fox and penguins in it.

I would honestly rather have Moana shoved into the Tiki Room than in Animal Kingdom.
How is Grizzly Peak surviving the IP onslaught of DCA lands?
Don't worry. I'm sure they'll eventually turn THAT into a Zootopia land too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom