DLR D23 Discussion & News

mickEblu

Upon reflection I’m not really that disappointed. Is some shortened PeopleMover going to make or break my time at the parks? Especially when the Astro Orbitor was most likely staying put in that ugly entrance? No. Not nearly as impactful as TOT and Splash being rethemed. Plus maybe TL will get a real shot when Bobby Paycheck is gone.

Disney Analyst

I love a new spectacular, intrigued to see Disneyland get those and how they turn out.

WOC needed to be updated or replaced, hoping this is actually good unlike the 60th version….

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
They did say that they have more to announce, but they can’t make the announcements yet. I’m guessing it’s because it’s too early. Or maybe it’s just an excuse. Maybe they’re lying.

Either way, more waiting and seeing. It is what it is.

waltography

Did they scrap the announcement last minute? Why did it end half hour early?
It actually ended about 15 minutes late; it was only ever a 1.5 hour long panel.

Gonna enjoy the rest of my time at the expo (and hit up the parks on the last day our keys expire!), then when I get home I’ll try to share more cogently my thoughts/experiences sitting in the panel.

Nland316

They did say that they have more to announce, but they can’t make the announcements yet. I’m guessing it’s because it’s too early. Or maybe it’s just an excuse. Maybe they’re lying.

Either way, more waiting and seeing. It is what it is.
Makes me curious considering WDW “blue sky” projects were “announced”? They could have easily done that with our TL.

No Name

This was one of the worst presentations I’ve ever seen from a large company. I could see university programs using this as a case study to learn from everything they did wrong.

At least Josh is more of a competent public speaker than Bob was, but then again Bob’s D23’s actually had substance.

MoonRakerSCM

What's REALLY concerning me... is they 'played' with us and showed us BLUE SKY concepts... nothing announced... but what is POSSIBLE... from within the depths of Imagineering... show us what Imagineering can dream of and think up with no confines in site...

and THAT is what they have? That is some MAJOR concern right there.

DavidDL

The artwork presented for the new Avengers attraction looks awful. They really did go back to the drawing board and scrapped a potentially successful e-ticket for what looks to be some kind of Star Tours/Minion Mayhem style of something or other from the looks of it.

At least, that’s where my money would be. The term e-ticket wasn’t used, only “attraction” and I’m guessing that’s by design. I didn’t have any business in DCA to begin with but that combined with loss of Pacific Wharf (adios Ghirardelli, I guess :( ) just pushes me even farther away from that park.

-and while lack of a treehouse update or anything related to Tomorrowland is a disappointment, I guess no news is good news for Disneyland at the end of the day.

I think WDW are the real losers here. Instead of updating Dinoland (you know, those actually timeless, once-living, breathing creatures who physically walked the Earth and have been inspiring children for centuries), they’re probably gonna get Zootopia or Moana.

They also got downright backhanded with that Figment tease and still don’t have an opening date for Tron.

-and really? Coco for MK when the Mexico pavilion is sitting right there and continues to suffer with that Three Caballeros boat ride?

Last edited:

mickEblu

The artwork presented for the new Avengers attraction looks awful. They really did go back to the drawing board and scrapped a potentially successful e-ticket for what looks to be some kind of Star Tours/Minion Mayhem style of something or other from the looks of it.

At least, that’s where my money would be. The term e-ticket wasn’t used, only “attraction” and I’m guessing that’s by design. I didn’t have any business in DCA to begin with but that combined with loss of Pacific Wharf (adios Ghirardelli, I guess :( ) just pushes me even farther away from that park.

-and while lack of a treehouse update or anything related to Tomorrowland is a disappointment, I guess no news is good news for Disneyland at the end of the day.

I think WDW are the real losers here. Instead of updating Dinoland (you know, those actually timeless, once-living, breathing creatures who physically walked the Earth and have been inspiring children for centuries), they’re probably gonna get Zootopia or Moana.

They also got downright backhanded with that Figment tease and still don’t have an opening date for Tron.

So if they update Dino Land does Zootopia take over Dinosaur the ride too or just the cheap carnival area and beyond?

CaptinEO

If Ghiradelli is gone that would be a tragedy, but its now sanfrancisco and tokyo mixed so I don't see why it has to be removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom