DLR D23 Discussion & News

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Makes me curious considering WDW “blue sky” projects were “announced”? They could have easily done that with our TL.
They could have, but I’m believing they’re saving it for another time. It’s very possible that a Tomorrowland re-do is years and years away from opening. If that’s the case, then I can understand why they wouldn’t announce it now.
Good point. So either it’s not a thing at all Or they re saving it for another day. I’d lean towards the latter. Didn’t they announce MMRR coming to DL at like Destination D or something.
Wasn’t it announced randomly on Twitter lol? I remember Josh hinting at it on social media, then it was announced the same day on Disney Parks Blog.

TTA94

I think we got the longer end of the stick here. We got the better deal, even though it’s not that much better. Still, it’s better.

We are still the favorite child.😁

Meh I’d say equal. Basically both DLR and WDW are getting two new nighttime shows next year. Remains to be seen if MKs Happily Ever After returns as it was or new version. I guess Magic Happens returning makes DLR slightly better.

Nighttime parade wise? I guess no MSEP or PTN in 2023? Big unanswered question.

Stevek

They did say that they have more to announce, but they can’t make the announcements yet. I’m guessing it’s because it’s too early. Or maybe it’s just an excuse. Maybe they’re lying.

Either way, more waiting and seeing. It is what it is.
Or maybe they've learned their lesson not to put stuff out there because of the backlash when things don't happen or change.

DavidDL

So if they update Dino Land does Zootopia take over Dinosaur the ride too or just the cheap carnival area and beyond?

Well, apparently they’re in the Blue Sky phase still so I obviously can’t answer that but I think it’s inferred since Josh said the announcement would cause us to feel uneasy.

Considering DINOSAUR is literally the only thing worth holding onto in that area, I can’t see why they’d say this if it wasn’t on the chopping block. I sincerely doubt if they were removing just the cheap carnival area, anyone would care. I know I wouldn’t. I just love dinosaurs in general and want them to be represented in the park in some way. I think many children and adults would agree with that notion.

If they kept DINOSAUR and got rid of everything else, I wouldn’t bat an eye. Have at it and build away.

mickEblu

They could have, but I’m believing they’re saving it for another time. It’s very possible that a Tomorrowland re-do is years and years away from opening. If that’s the case, then I can understand why they wouldn’t announce it now.

Wasn’t it announced randomly on Twitter lol? I remember Josh hinting at it on social media, then it was announced the same day on Disney Parks Blog.

Oh haha you could be right. It might have been a just parks blog post.

DavidDL

652F15E6-800D-48B9-8669-55DBF920E4F0.jpeg

Choose your fighter!!

CaptinEO

Great:
Portos
WDW shows being removed

Good:
WoC Replacement

Neutral:
Sanfrantokyo
New Fireworks

Weird:
Kevin Fiege on Stage
John Favreau on Stage

Awful and Awkward:
The "brainstorming" concepts that are real but not real that somehow took what seemed like a half hour of time with awful dialogue.

Most Brutal:
The Figment Fakeout

Biggest Loser:
Tie between WDW fans who wasted time watching this and DL fans that were convinced Tommorowland was getting an overhaul

Biggest Winner:
Me because I like portos and I dislike the 50th WDW shows, can't wait to see them gone and can't wait to grab a box of pastries on our way out of Disneyland.

mickEblu

Great:
Portos
WDW shows being removed

Good:
WoC Replacement

Neutral:
Sanfrantokyo
New Fireworks

Weird:
Kevin Fiege on Stage
John Favreau on Stage

Awful and Awkward:
The "brainstorming" concepts that are real but not real that somehow took what seemed like a half hour of time with awful dialogue.

Most Brutal:
The Figment Fakeout

Biggest Loser:
Tie between WDW fans who wasted time watching this and DL fans that were convinced Tommorowland was getting an overhaul

Biggest Winner:
Me because I like portos and I dislike the 50th WDW shows, can't wait to see them gone and can't wait to grab a box of pastries on our way out of Disneyland.

I agree with this except for the new fireworks show. I’d put that under “Good” at least. I’m not a big fan of DL Forever

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Meh I’d say equal. Basically both DLR and WDW are getting two new nighttime shows next year. Remains to be seen if MKs Happily Ever After returns as it was or new version. I guess Magic Happens returning makes DLR slightly better.

Nighttime parade wise? I guess no MSEP or PTN in 2023? Big unanswered question.
WDW:

-Hatbox Ghost, which we’ve had for six years now
-Figment
-new nighttime show for Epcot
-return of HEA
-a bunch of Blue Sky stuff that may or may not happen

DLR:

-meet & greets, one of them being an exclusive Mando and Grogu one for SW:GE
-new Avengers ride (lack of details, but still)
-San Fransokyo replacing Pacific Wharf at DCA
-Porto’s (best news of the day, without doubt)
-Magic Happens, which is essentially still new, returning
-new World of Color show
-new firework show

I wouldn’t call this equal at all lol, but one thing is true: there is disappointment coming from fans on both coasts.

Stevek

WDW:

-Hatbox Ghost, which we’ve had for six years now
-Figment
-new nighttime show for Epcot
-return of HEA
-a bunch of Blue Sky stuff that may or may not happen

DLR:

-meet & greets, one of them being an exclusive Mando and Grogu one for SW:GE
-new Avengers ride (lack of details, but still)
-San Fransokyo replacing Pacific Wharf at DCA
-Porto’s (best news of the day, without doubt)
-Magic Happens, which is essentially still new, returning
-new World of Color show
-new firework show

I wouldn’t call this equal at all lol, but one thing is true: there is disappointment coming from fans on both coasts.
For the nighttime show at Epcot, are they taking out the barges or just a new show utilizing them? I don't think I picked that up OR they didn't clarify.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It’s also possible that Tomorrowland will be a 70th anniversary present, which is three years away. If we are getting stuff for the 70th anniversary, I definitely wouldn’t expect any lip about it now.

Lots of potential reasons why nothing was mentioned about Tomorrowland.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
For the nighttime show at Epcot, are they taking out the barges or just a new show utilizing them? I don't think I picked that up OR they didn't clarify.
They really didn’t talk about it much. I just heard something about a new show coming. To be fair, I tuned out for most of the WDW announcements, so it’s possible I missed something.

waltography

In line for the Amazon booth (spin the wheel, get something relatively expensive!) so caught up in the thread/can answer questions from in the room I guess. One thing to note: the Enchantment mention from Josh laughably got silence from the room, completely iced him.

Even the audience isn't getting excited about King Thanos. LOL
More confused than anything. Heard lots of “huh?” in the audience.

PORTOOOOOOO’S!!! Finally some good news.
The treats we got leaving the panel (mango cookie, churro croissant, and cheese roll!) were easily the most substantive things we got the entire panel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom