DLP`s Timekeeper rumoured to be closing - is WDW next?

General Grizz

marni1971 said:
This thread has a rumour that Le Visionarium (Timekeeper) is to close:

http://www.mousekingdom.com/scripts..._topic&forum=3&topic_id=51679&mode=full&page=

I hope WDW isn`t next... get the video cameras out and ask the CM nicely.

So much for another forward thinking Disney film format... this could mean 3 CircleVision theatres left in the world (not including Imagineering) - I hope it dosn`t become 2.
Rumors indicate TK may be closing for good sooner than later. No clue on the replacement.

*hopes it's not another Toy Story or bumper cars*

fuentesalex

from screamscape:

???? - Little Green Men - Rumor - (11/26/03) This isn’t the first time we’ve heard this rumor, but it seems that the project to eventually transform Timekeeper into an indoor a Bumper Car style ride is still active. The new ride would be themed to the Little Green Men from Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear, complete with “The Claw” hanging from the roof of the building. If approved, it will have to wait until Stitch is open, but it could happen before the 20K Lagoon project.

General Grizz

fuentesalex said:
from screamscape:

???? - Little Green Men - Rumor - (11/26/03) This isn’t the first time we’ve heard this rumor, but it seems that the project to eventually transform Timekeeper into an indoor a Bumper Car style ride is still active. The new ride would be themed to the Little Green Men from Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear, complete with “The Claw” hanging from the roof of the building. If approved, it will have to wait until Stitch is open, but it could happen before the 20K Lagoon project.
Double whammy. :lol: :brick:

P.S.: Welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:

krafty

Timekeeper at WDW was only re-opened because of the closing of Alien Encounter. There are apparently some delicate parts to the attraction that they can't get replacements for, so once they fail it will be forced to shut down for good.

mrtoad

If it still is around and open on my next trip in Jan, I will have to go to see it. I have only seen it one time as it makes my wife sick. That it is always closed. :(

Pioneer Hall

Based on Timekeepers operating calendar it looks like its days are numbered. It is going to be closing in a few weeks again, and probably won't be opening until at least the Christmas holiday time. I will personally focus my attention to CoP rather than Timekeeper. I would like to see that attraction stick around longer than Timekeeper.

General Grizz

CoP > Timekeeper no doubt. I just don't want to see either attraction fall victim to the Toy Story/KiddieLand/Gift Shop ( :zipit: ) feel already being adopted in New Tomorrowland.

Timekeeper needs some MAJOR improvements, or even a complete overhaul. But I don't want to see the humor, vision, originality, and most importantly, heart lost in the transition to a new attraction.

But from what a Cast Member told me, "Timekeeper has already closed, though busy summer crowds (or a failure in another Tomorrowland attraction) might cause it to open again. Stitch is expected to draw enough traffic that both CoP and TK can be "closed seasonally" again."

dxwwf3

So much for Tomorrowland 96'. It sure was good while it lasted. Fantasyland East is coming. Let's just hope it doesn't involve bumper cars. I can handle something else, but NOT BUMPER CARS.

SirGoofy

I wont care that much if TK closes because of the fact that I have never seen it. I hope to experience it on my next trip in December, and I hope it changes my mind. I had only ridden AE once, but I loved the attraction anyway and I was heart broken when I heard it was closing. I hope I don't have to experience this again.

yensidtlaw1969

dxwwf3 said:
So much for Tomorrowland 96'. It sure was good while it lasted. Fantasyland East is coming. Let's just hope it doesn't involve bumper cars. I can handle something else, but NOT BUMPER CARS.
What do you mean when you say Fantasyland East is coming?

General Grizz

Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, and "Little Green Men" are Disney characters from animated features. . . which was the original focus of Fantasyland. With less focus on progress/future, we're going into stories, although they are somewhat "futuristic" (but merely because of their alien/outer space setting).

This isn't bad. . . but I think Buzz Lightyear and Stitch's Great Escape are enough for now. Create new original characters for Timekeeper's replacement. . . but I think Disney's looking mostly on the merchandising/less reliance on new ideas.

dxwwf3

General Grizz said:
Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, and "Little Green Men" are Disney characters from animated features. . . which was the original focus of Fantasyland. With less focus on progress/future, we're going into stories, although they are somewhat "futuristic" (but merely because of their alien/outer space setting).

Bingo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom