DJ at MK exit

No Name

Here's a video:

Lol they don’t even have him in a uniform or anything. What were they going for here?

I see it looks like he’s gone already but I hope everyone walks away with the right takeaways. I can only imagine whoever approved this is thinking they simply need to find a better DJ. And similarly, I hope the guy understands that he was simply in the wrong place and the best DJ he could’ve been there was an absent one. Oh, and my takeaway is that after laying off so many of their employees, it’s extra odd and horrible that they’d bring in this guy.

Animaniac93-98

Something tells me this was where one division of the company wasn't aware of what the other division of the company was doing and found out via social media and shut it down. I've seen it happen before when I worked at WDW where the various segments within the parks don't communicate things very well.

The fact that he's clearly not a CM (you can see the logo of his or the company he works for on the table) makes this sound likely.

KingdomofDreams

Just when you thought the judgement and decision making couldn't get any worse, you see something like this. What a terrible idea on someone's part. Can't believe that was ever approved to begin with. If they need to broadcast departure instructions/reminders for guests exiting Magic Kingdom at closing, at least make it something befitting the park, like a recording with Jiminy Cricket's voice over a classic Disney tune.

jrhwdw

Saw it on YT last week thought it was out of place! However, it was a Boo Bash Night so, I didn't know if it was another Boo Bash Dance Party or not . If this is every night(hopefully it's done now)A MONTH before the 50th TDO!!!!!!, The 50th Mood will be gone the moment HEA/Enchantment ends!!
If MK needs to correct the crowd problem(which was there before COVID, BTW)and has extra money maybe bring OUAT back in place of this???? Or actually bring back FOF and correct your Night Parade Fiasco!!!!!

Figments Friend

Hoping this has now been resolved.

No hard feelings for the DJ just doing what he is told, but this really was not the right setting for that kind of a gig.
Glad that someone above figured this out....and adjusted accordingly.

Theming hopefully has triumphed, and the DJ will be better utilized at another area within the Park.

-

jrhwdw

Just when you thought the judgement and decision making couldn't get any worse, you see something like this. What a terrible idea on someone's part. Can't believe that was ever approved to begin with. If they need to broadcast departure instructions/reminders for guests exiting Magic Kingdom at closing, at least make it something befitting the park, like a recording with Jiminy Cricket's voice over a classic Disney tune.
I don't think any Disney Park uses Characters for Important/Safety Announcements....

jrhwdw

Hoping this has now been resolved.

No hard feelings for the DJ just doing what he is told, but this really was not the right setting for that kind of a gig.
Glad that someone above figured this out....and adjusted accordingly.

Theming hopefully has triumphed, and the DJ will be better utilized at another area within the Park.

-
I know it's only July 3rd-4th, Dec 30th-31st before COVID but I don't think DJs should be on The Castle Stage! Didn't MK used to have shows all night on Big Holidays before DJs were a thing?

waltography

The idea itself was pretty terrible. That said, I feel bad for the person as they were just doing what they were asked to do.
Agree; send criticism to the management, not the DJ (which seems to be the case based on the reactions on social media).

That being said, what an awful show for the parks. All they had to do was copy Disneyland and have Mickey and the gang wave goodbye and they somehow screw that up?

jrhwdw

Oh, I don't think that's true. A Wendy-esqe voice does it for Peter Pan, the Dwarves do it on Mine Train, Aladdin does it on Magic Carpets, Timothy does it on Dumbo, I believe it's Mr. Ray in Nemo, Oaken on Frozen...?
OK you're absolutely right! I should have said for Parade/ Fireworks/Exiting a Park. The after HEA Announcement over the PA has been there since 2017, on and off. It's always one of the regular MK Announcers.

KikoKea

Back when we could only visit once a year or two, leaving MK was a bittersweet moment. We watched the castle change colors, walked slowly down Main St, and said farewell at the train station with memorable music playing to send us off. A DJ yelling at everyone is just trashy- a new low.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom