DJ at MK exit

Chomama

Generally you need to prove something did happen, not prove that it didn't.
Fair enough. I was told this personally by another disney DJ. I do not work in the parks so I cannot personally say that he is telling me the truth. He is not someone I would think would make something up but he could have been mistaken? I’m not trying to spread false information so ignore what I shared!

UNCgolf

Fair enough. I was told this personally by another disney DJ. I do not work in the parks so I cannot personally say that he is telling me the truth. He is not someone I would think would make something up but he could have been mistaken? I’m not trying to spread false information so ignore what I shared!

I wasn't attacking you -- just thought it was strange that the person I quoted was asking for someone to prove something didn't happen.

matt9112

Generally you need to prove something did happen, not prove that it didn't.

I said "either one" IE who claims it happened. However this is not the court of law or any other formal setting. So simply blurting out it did not dosen't further anything. Water is already muddy enough.

UNCgolf

I said "either one" IE who claims it happened. However this is not the court of loaw or any other formal setting. So simply blurting out it did not dosen't further anything. Water is already muddy enough.

I thought you were saying "either one" of the people who said it didn't happen; sorry for misinterpreting you!

I'm not talking about anything formal, though -- just in general. The assumption should generally be that something didn't happen unless there's proof that it did.

Chomama

I wasn't attacking you -- just thought it was strange that the person I quoted was asking for someone to prove something didn't happen.
I didn’t think you were. I should’ve just kept that to myself without any kind of video proof. Ironic that this person have correct but I don’t like Spreading any wrong information so I apologize

Splashin' Ryan

This DJ fiasco will go down as one of those horrible "what were they thinking" events that seem like a fever dream, right along with the Tomorrowland tents.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don’t know any details of this but the use of modern (non-theme) music in the parks has been creeping in more and more. It’s the most noticeable when it happens on Main Street in my opinion.

Location for sure matters. For example, I've recognized multiple modern (within last 15 years) New Orleans bands and songs on Grand Avenue at Hollywood studios and it's worked well there. The same wouldn't work on Main Street. They're able to weave in "newer" stuff to Main Street but it's way more difficult than just about any other area in the parks.

Last edited:

matt9112

False...

Are we supposed to provide video footage of something that... didn't happen? What a weird post.

If you tell me something didn't or did happen with no context just "no" or "yes" how can i infer anything from that? It did happpen because i heard it for example but legitimately nothing. Just the most primitive statement.

Raineman

This DJ would fit in perfectly during the evenings at Disney Springs. But at the end of Main Street? Vomit inducing. The very chill, relaxed walk out of MK, with the MSUSA music faintly playing as you exit, is something I love, especially on our last day, when I turn around to see the castle one last time. If I had to do this while being bombarded with club cuts, I would be pi$$ed.

ppete1975

This DJ would fit in perfectly during the evenings at Disney Springs. But at the end of Main Street? Vomit inducing. The very chill, relaxed walk out of MK, with the MSUSA music faintly playing as you exit, is something I love, especially on our last day, when I turn around to see the castle one last time. If I had to do this while being bombarded with club cuts, I would be pi$$ed.
id rather have great singers covering maroon 5 or that style of music or don black at the springs.

btw if youve never heard don black hes amazing!! And hes at the springs often.

Epct82

Are we supposed to provide video footage of something that... didn't happen? What a weird post.

If you tell me something didn't or did happen with no context just "no" or "yes" how can i infer anything from that? It did happpen because i heard it for example but legitimately nothing. Just the most primitive statement.
9121a.gif

Castle Cake Apologist

What are you talking about? If something didn't happen, what exactly do you want people to give you to prove it to you? The fact that no video exists of the incident in a world where virtually everybody is walking around with 4k cameras in their pockets is the proof.

The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused.

matt9112

What are you talking about? If something didn't happen, what exactly do you want people to give you to prove it to you? The fact that no video exists of the incident in a world where virtually everybody is walking around with 4k cameras in their pockets is the proof.

The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused.

I agree....whats the issue here....i mentioned both posts. Neither accouser or accoused had any kind of substance. However your statements accuracy depends on where and when on earth we are talking about. But in this context no argument here.

aladdin2007

This has been spreading around a lot and is definitely not true. Add it to the urban legend list with Walt being frozen and Toy Story characters laying down when somebody shouts "Andy is Coming!"

This DJ, who has worked for Disney for over 5+ years, did the same set and played the same songs (which were submitted and approved well in advance) for 10+ days.

What got him cancelled was that this was approved by MK mid-level management and when he got the attention of national travel reporters, senior WDW leadership saw it and pulled the plug in horror. Simple as that.

Plus, if it was true, there would be at least one video of it to have surfaced. Which there isn't.

the people or person who approved it in mid level management should be ousted, this is really getting bad and inexcusable. Im really concerned how local management are more or less the ones downgrading the parks, I know everyone loves to blame chappie but things like this are proof that the right ones are not approving things.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom