DJ at MK exit

CJR

Believe it. Somebody had to sit down in an office somewhere at some point and think to themselves: "You know what Main Street REALLY needs? A live DJ!"
That actually happened.

Someone with at least some power thought this was a good idea. That's not someone who should have any decision authority at Disney, IMHO. Pleasure Island didn't survive for a reason. We don't need PI in the parks. None of them, including DHS. At least, not on a normal day.

It makes one question the qualifications of Disney management. Clearly, the standards aren't what the used to be.

TrainsOfDisney

Is that guy even a cast member? No nametag, no costume.

Weird.
CM’s on mic would have to be equity. That’s way too expensive! ;) this is clearly 3rd party.

Brace yourselves for more gems like this in the future.
Are any key decision makers millennials? Sounds like a guy who is out of touch with 2021 saying “let’s do something cool and hip!”

The Mrs

I don't think any Disney Park uses Characters for Important/Safety Announcements....
They do use Pinocchio on the poster that's on the inside of hotel room doors to inform guests on how to evacuate during a fire. (at least at Boardwalk Villas)
I've always thought Pinocchio was a strange choice.

Disneyson

They do use Pinocchio on the poster that's on the inside of hotel room doors to inform guests on how to evacuate during a fire. (at least at Boardwalk Villas)
I've always thought Pinocchio was a strange choice.
I think the idea is Jiminy Cricket as the conscience, and also... well. Pinocchio is made of wood. Kinda a dark way to skirt the idea of an actual child being used.

Casper Gutman

Seems too late for that as the DJ made his account private on Twitter, probably from all the hate and bashing that came his way.

What a sad ordeal overall that could’ve been avoided.
People attacked the DJ? He did what he was told.

Way to make a story about how clueless and incompetent WDW is into one about how, even when enraged at something Disney did, fans hooked on “magic” will find a way to blame an innocent third party rather then acknowledge how bad WDW has gotten. Really infuriating.

Sir_Cliff

It makes you think about who is making decisions in the parks. No sense of what they are all about
Yes, I am hoping one of the takeaways that comes from this is that they need to improve training/hiring for management level positions. How much money has been spent refurbishing the train station and is being spent on all this promotion around the 50th for MK management to go and stick this guy in the middle of it? They need to do address it in a way that doesn't just get rid of the DJ but tries to stop this kind of tone deaf decision from being made in the future.

Anyone having a go at the DJ also needs to have a long hard look at themselves. As others have said, this wasn't his fault.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Agree; send criticism to the management, not the DJ (which seems to be the case based on the reactions on social media).

That being said, what an awful show for the parks. All they had to do was copy Disneyland and have Mickey and the gang wave goodbye and they somehow screw that up?
Disneyland has Mickey's Mix Magic, which has higher production value but is equally trashy and out of place in a Castle Park.

LaughingGravy

Guys, contemporary music is the industry standard, as demonstrated by Six Flags and Cedar Fair. Of course it was coming to WDW. And WDW was among the first to use music in their parks, so it makes sense. After all, it helps sell music, and Disney is a BUSINESS.
Oh, that's right. I forgot the anything goes because it's a business excuse. I wonder what Disney artists they were playing to help sell the company music, because it's a business.

LaughingGravy

Definitely glad and hoping that was permanently nipped in the bud. But, I would have been ticked had I paid for admission and that was the end of my night at the MK, on the last day, especially with kids.
In looking at the video on the first page of the thread, I'm not sure what was worse, the dressed in black jeans and t-shirt being out of place or the backwards baseball cap topping off the inappropriate ensemble. That was so trashy all around.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think it still is there. At least it was last November.
They usually place a tip by the front of the top right corner of the busses..They also had a set of collector cards at one point..
s-l1600.jpg

And then there is the Resort TV channel...

There was also a very short lived attraction in Innoventions with them sponsored by Underwrighter Laboratories where a CM interacted with Timon And Pumbaa on a TV about electric plugs....

CJR

Seems too late for that as the DJ made his account private on Twitter, probably from all the hate and bashing that came his way.

What a sad ordeal overall that could’ve been avoided.

This is sad. There is a time and place where a DJ is appropriate, probably not in that particular location, but somewhere on property. Disney Springs could probably get away with a regular use of a DJ. Personally, it still wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I get the appeal for some people.

Completely agree that the problem here is not the DJ themselves, but the management who put them there. They created an awkward situation and one that never needed to exist for almost fifty years. Same goes for the CM on the megaphone. Why do people now need to be yelled directions? I don't recall the need 20 years ago, not to this extent, I mean. The problem here, 100%, is clueless management that have no business running a world class theme park. They need world class management to run a world class theme park. I guess the word "class" needs to be used more at Disney meetings.

BasiltheBatLord

They usually place a tip by the front of the top right corner of the busses..They also had a set of collector cards at one point..
s-l1600.jpg

There was also a very short lived attraction in Innoventions with them sponsored by Underwrighter Laboratories where a CM interacted with Timon And Pumbaa on a TV about electric plugs....

I believe you can still see these in Tokyo.

Club Cooloholic

s-l1600.jpg

It's funny, my kids were obsessed with making sure they watched each one once on our last trip, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom