Disneyworld and Disneyland in the same day

happymom52003

Sounds like fun to me! Good luck!

To those of you making comments about the money...he really is not spending that much to do this. As he stated, he is ALREADY going to be at WDW for a vacation anyway, he has an annual pass to Disneyland, his extra flight is not going to cost too much, and he is going to crash at his parent's house in California.:shrug:

Greggy D

Original Poster
When are you starting your Walt Disney World Trip?

I start the trip this Saturday the 27th.

Thanks again for the nice words. I am thinking of video taping (and editing it down) the trip around the park...the trip to the airport in ORL / on the plane / Landing in Burbank...getting in the car and driving down to Anaheim. Maybe do it all in fast forward to music ala Benny Hill lol

hemloc

Hey, I got to swim in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans within an hour and 1/2 of each other when I was stationed in Panama, so I say go for it!!

bgraham34

I start the trip this Saturday the 27th.

Thanks again for the nice words. I am thinking of video taping (and editing it down) the trip around the park...the trip to the airport in ORL / on the plane / Landing in Burbank...getting in the car and driving down to Anaheim. Maybe do it all in fast forward to music ala Benny Hill lol

I certainly would check out the video. best of luck and have a great time.

Laura

Premium Member
OK, tonight I secured a friend of mine to go with me. I will now be able to have someone document the trip with video.

Again...I don't want to come off as someone who has crazy amounts of money and is willing to spend it frivolously. I am just living out a dream that comes from only being able to put aside enough money to visit WDW and then pay for a short/cheap flight from Burbank to PHX.

On a side note...I have thought about getting the t-shirts made. I have a friend in LA who owns a print shop. What should I have it say on the shirt?

Also - Any one on here plan on being at either WDW or Disneyland on the July 4th weekend? or on July 7th when I plan to be at both parks? I would love to meet up with people who enjoy the Disney experience as much as I do.

I tell my friends (who think I am a nut job)....in these times of negative reporting...ie: TV, Internet, Paper....this is why I love the Disney experience so much. Everything in the Disney parks takes my mind off of reality...and these news outlets are always so focused on the negative!

I call it my brain break. Oh well. At least most if not all of you understand that point :)

I was in DL all day on July 7th. Wish I had seen this thread earlier. :lol:

Greggy D

Original Poster
Hello - So sorry I haven't been back on the site since my return in July. What a day that was. I still need to finish that video. I got started on it and I showed a few friends...they loved it but they said..."How long are you going to make this?"..they were concerned because I was 7 minutes into the edited video and I had only been down main street....splash mountain, pirates and the haunted mansion at DW. There is over an hour and a half of footage. I have to really think this over. Youtube only allows 10 minutes but I don't want to make a lifetime film with all that footage mixed down to only 10 minutes because Youtube only allows that. It took me quite a while since I was adding music, fast motion and pictures layered in there as well.

It took me like 5 hours to edit that 7 minutes. I have been so swamped with work since I arrived back not to mention the new workout regimine I started to lose the 20 pounds I gained from those 11 days I was gone lol.

I will get it finished soon I promise. I just don't like half a**ing anything. I'm not a perfectionist but I won't settle for mediocrity.

We got a lot of responses from wearing the t-shirts. It was great. The biggest surprise was at Big Thunder at Disneyland. The two female CM let us ride the ride back to back because they thought we deserved it for the effort of both parks in the same day. We got our pictures with quite a few cast members. They seemed to think it was the coolest going to both parks in the same day. I guess it would help to love Disney in order to work there right?

I hold the standards of Disney so high as I think everyone on this board has those same standards. I wouldn't want to submit anything less of that for you to view.

Stay Tuned and thanks for reading :)

WDWRLD

How bout just throw us just 2 pictures...something like one of you on each Mainstreet just untill you get the video done.

Wilt Dasney

Thanks for posting your photos. It's great how you got the CM's involved. So which rides did you actually hit in both parks? Looks like Pirates, Splash, and Big Thunder were two-fers, at least.

Greggy D

Original Poster
It was a blast. Here are the rides we got on at both parks.

Arrived at DW at around 9:15am
Grabbed a fast pass for Big Thunder
Went on Splash Mtn first
Went on Pirates 2nd
Haunted Mansion 3rd
It's A Small World 4th
Big Thunder 5th
Got pics by the castle on the way out and pics on main street as well

Left DW around 12:15.

Took the bus back to the hotel.

Took the Magic Your Way bus to ORL airport.

Our plane stopped in Vegas, we had to switch planes, the plane was late landing in Vegas, so we had to run through the airport to catch our connection to Burbank. We got on the plane 2 minutes before it's scheduled departure.

Landed in Burbank at 7:10 but we had to wait for the next flight from LV to bring our luggage because the bags didn't make the same connection flight.

We got our bags around 8:30 then high tailed it down to Anaheim. Arrived in the park around 9:20pm. For some reason there was bumper to bumper traffic in LA...who would have thought lol?

Then at Disneyland we went straight to Pirates then Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion..Pooh's ride, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, It's A Small World and finally as the capper (which you will see on the video) we were the absolute last two people on Space Mountain. It was a fitting end to a great day. It was weird when Space Mtn finished and all the Space Mtn Cast Members were there when we finished. It was like, ok you guys are the end of the line. Thanks and have a good night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom