DisneySea Hoax?

Disday

Original Poster
This was listed in Wikipedia on April 27. It is probably a hoax by a geek with too much time on his hands, but it's fun. It was removed around April 29. The author claims that he read it from a reliable source and paraphrased it. You can find it in the Walt Disney World Resort portion - View History.:As of March 17th 2011, The Walt Disney Company announced it's latest plan to create a whole new world class attraction for the Florida resort. DisneySea is set to open within the next 4 to 6 years. Based off of the Japanese Park of the same name, Tokyo DisneySea, the park will be the first foreign inspired park to make it's way to the States. The resort will encompass 176-acre (712,246 m²) and will be located in the south east corner of the resort. With the park will come two new resort hotels, one of which located inside the park, a first for the Florida resort. The ground breaking for the resort will take place in May of 2012. The park will cost $6 billion when completed making it the most expensive theme park ever built. The park is said to differ from the its Tokyo sister park in many aspects. It will focus on trills modern theme park guests thrive for and the rest of the property is lacking.

Disday

Original Poster
Wouldn't we all just pass out if we found out it was true. I guess we have to look toward that May 2012 starting date - lol.:)

castevens

Don't bother analyzing whether or not there is enough land in the southeast corner of the resort - If this ever did happen, it would be complete coincidence and have nothing to do with this rumor IMHO.

PhilharMagician

6 Billion :eek:. Not in Fl.

The Southest area is somewhat limited on open property to fit a theme park. There is some land to the East of Victory Way right accross from WWoS and it has been partially cleared but it is not all that big.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is not the first time this rumor has made the rounds. My guess is that it was a blue-sky idea that never made it past a round table meeting. The most I think we will ever see is a DisneySea-esque expansion to AK.

stratman50th

This is not the first time this rumor has made the rounds. My guess is that it was a blue-sky idea that never made it past a round table meeting. The most I think we will ever see is a DisneySea-esque expansion to AK.
If they did that, and didn't skimp on the themeing, I would go back to AK again. Not that anybody really cares if I go back or not really........ :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom