DisneySea Hoax?

RSoxNo1

If it's a DisneySEA park, I can only assume that part of that $6 billion will be used to purchase all of Marvel Super Hero Island and move it to the new park. :lookaroun

Disday

Original Poster
I don't really believe this wild rumor. I wish it were true though. If it is, I'd be Bob Iger's biggest fan. - I recently read where Disney quietly raised $11 billion (through stocks or something). I wish that would go toward the parks, especially WDW. However, it's probably more like "what are they going to buy now?" :)

SleepingMonk

NikeGolf-203690-OliveKhaki.jpg

_Scar

I wonder if we all agreed to act like we believe this rumor and then it will grow and grow until Disney has to build it.

Let's do this for Lost Island on Discovery Island too..... please.

MeTa

I can a hoax too, but it would be a cool spot to add some mermaids from the new POTC movie, maybe a whole land?

Texas84

Actually, it will be located on or near Cocoa Beach and there WILL be a monorail expansion to this new park.

(Runs away)

the-reason14

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that this is bull, but if the 'rumor' had any legs, I rather see Disney either focus on the existing parks, or build a new one unique to WDW. Leave Disney Sea in Tokyo. We already know if we did get it, it wouldn't be anywhere near as impressive as the original, we would see a lot of budget cuts. Not so much because tdo is cheap, which they are, but because Tokyo has money pouring in from the oriental land company or something like that. So ya, nice thought though.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It was entirely correct except for the billion part, its actually 6 million and its being done as a scale model

jtizzle1023

There may never be another 5th gate to WDW. The way the economy is right now not worth it. And plus there is too much more they can do with existing parks without opening an entire new park

cheezbat

If they did that, and didn't skimp on the themeing, I would go back to AK again. Not that anybody really cares if I go back or not really........ :lol:

Same goes for me...been a few years since I've gone there...don't plan on spending the money to pat Disney on the back for mediocrity.

Funny thing is, I had some friends visit Disney recently, and they hit up the other three parks...and when I asked them about DAK they looked at me and said, "seriously, what else do they have there besides Dinosaur and Everest?"
Seems to be a common thought process by the young adult crowd.

I really hope to see a decline in attendance at that park...a big decline. Maybe - just maybe then TDO will get back to investing in that park....and then I'll come back and spend my money there. :animwink:

Millionaire2K

There may never be another 5th gate to WDW. The way the economy is right now not worth it. And plus there is too much more they can do with existing parks without opening an entire new park

Agreed. Once we start seeing all 4 parks max out during the Holidays then maybe they will consider it. Maybe:p

Crockett

Banned
Exactly. Add to AK, DHS, and put good use to empty Epcot buildings (WOL). There is so much that could be added to the 4 existing parks, rather than making a risky move that would be a huge gamble during rough economic waters.

Disday

Original Poster
While I doubt the rumor, I do think that a 5th park is needed within the next 5 to 6 years. They've built parks during recessions knowing that there will be pent up demand when the economy improves. I just don't see their attendance level improving much beyond flat unless they make major investments in their existing parks and any future park. It will take more than celebrations, pictures on the castle, and a few major new attractions every 4 or 5 years. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom