Disney's "Summer to Remember"

stevediesel

Ironic that Disneyland, the resort actually receiving tons of new offerings, doesn't yet have a marketing campaign. I suspect out there they're concerned that the offerings that speak for themselves will be more of a draw than the parks can handle...so no marketing campaign is needed.

I concur 100%!

menamechris

The Spectromagic return got the axe... Look for next summer now. I guess they figured they could spueeze another year out of MSEP....

So I have no idea what they could announce that would be at all exciting at this point that we don't already know...

etwtec

The Spectromagic return got the axe... Look for next summer now. I guess they figured they could spueeze another year out of MSEP....

So I have no idea what they could announce that would be at all exciting at this point that we don't already know...

Well if Spectro Really did get the axe... which no offence but we have been hearing soo many yes and no to its return that it is hard to know What to believe... If you are right then I just hope it got the axe because they plan on doing the major overhaul after all and not return it in its old, tired state.

I would like to get Martins thoughts on this announcement and confirm Spectro has been axed till next summer...

menamechris

Well if Spectro Really did get the axe... which no offence but we have been hearing soo many yes and no to its return that it is hard to know What to believe... If you are right then I just hope it got the axe because they plan on doing the major overhaul after all and not return it in its old, tired state.

Entertainment is just like expansion. No decision is final until the concrete is poured - or in entertainment's case....rehersals have begun.

As far as a mjor overhaul? Nahh... They are going to market on nostalgia - not "new and improved"... I would expect some work to be done on the floats and little cosmetic things - but nothing the average guest would pick up on or care about..

etwtec

Entertainment is just like expansion. No decision is final until the concrete is poured - or in entertainment's case....rehersals have begun.

As far as a mjor overhaul? Nahh... They are going to market on nostalgia - not "new and improved"... I would expect some work to be done on the floats and little cosmetic things - but nothing the average guest would pick up on or care about..

Well they should at least give Spectro the update MSEP got with LEDS. Maybe a soundtrack update though many fans would be against that lol.

menamechris

Could you see the soundtrack changing? Being updated?

I honestly couldn't say one way or the other. Martin may know more people involved in that aspect of production. I would assume decisions like that would be made by whoever is the show/music director at the time it returns.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was told Spectro went cold last week. Not axed, just no more work done to it. So I guess it doesn't look good for this year.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Could you see the soundtrack changing? Being updated?

If and when Spectro makes a return, I'd love to see Tangled added in. The ballad "Now that I'm with You" could be easily put into 3/4 time and inserted into the Spectro theme. The music (as is) is one of the reasons I prefer Spectro over MSEP. I'd hate for there to be any changes other than new pieces added (inserted) into the main theme.

Noticed that Martin was told that work has been halted on Spectro, so who knows what's going to happen :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom