Disney's "Summer to Remember"

dreamscometrue

What's even more pathetic, honestly, is excepting mediocrity... And the people who defend it are just as pathetic.. Have you had your daily dose of pixie dust??? If not, I hear a former NJ lawyer is ready to pass a ton of it out, after he finished his free meals, hawks his free Disney merchandise, and brags how magical Disney World is... And how great all the NEW offerings coming to Disney will be... And unlike you, I'll name names of the pixie dust snorters....

But Disney's blameless for overselling this thing as the "Summer to Remember"?

Their media "events" have become such a joke, I'm amazed these PR folks keep their jobs.

You're right. Criticism of WDW is completely unwarranted. Right? Amazing things are happening and ground breaking, exciting, innovative experiences are being developed all over Orlando....except at Disney. Pretty and cute? Yes, Disney wins the gold star. And to know this is all WDW seems to have intention of accomplishing in the next few years, while the competition up the road gets serious...is less than exciting. I think all of us want to cheer for Disney...but I think many are scratching their heads and asking 'what for' when most new and exciting experiences are happening elsewhere. Does that mean I hate Disney? No. It just means I expect more.

Go on... name names...

I want to apologize for my last post...the one that caused the above reactions. Admittedly, I was getting a bit worked up because I thought this thread was getting a bit intense over a press event, and didn't warrant what I thought was such a backlash. I did briefly lose sight of that fact that this is a discussion forum and people feel how they feel. In a forum such as this, they should be free to express their sentiments...period. My post was judgemental and inappropriate and I should not have posted it. Sorry for that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I want to apologize for my last post...the one that caused the above reactions. Admittedly, I was getting a bit worked up because I thought this thread was getting a bit intense over a press event, and didn't warrant what I thought was such a backlash. I did briefly lose sight of that fact that this is a discussion forum and people feel how they feel. In a forum such as this, they should be free to express their sentiments...period. My post was judgemental and inappropriate and I should not have posted it. Sorry for that.

Thank you. :wave:

menamechris

You gave me a chance to bring up a couple extra points I wanted to make. Haha! :wave:

MaryJaneP

...If you are right then I just hope it got the axe because they plan on doing the major overhaul after all and not return it in its old, tired state....

Really why replace one old, tired, non-functional parade (MSEP), with an insipid soundtrack, with another? It's so much cheaper to keep MSEP.

Captain Chaos

Really why replace one old, tired, non-functional parade (MSEP), with an insipid soundtrack, with another? It's so much cheaper to keep MSEP.

The same can be said for Spectro you know.. :animwink: and some people do...

Instead of bring back Spectro, how about this: GIVE US A NEW NIGHT TIME PARADE INSTEAD OF TROTTING OUT THE OLD STUFF AND CLAIMING NEW NIGHT TIME ENTERTAINMENT DISNEY!!!!!!

menamechris

Entertainment (as of the last few years) seems to be switched up when there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else they can promote or get people excited about. MSEP has pretty much been used as a distraction while people await Fantasyland. Unfortunately, since they think everyone is excited about things like cruise ships, DVCs, Next Gen, new restaurant menus, new signs in MK parking lot...they don't think they have to keep the entertainment fresh....errr...rotated.

puntagordabob

I was told Spectro went cold last week. Not axed, just no more work done to it. So I guess it doesn't look good for this year.

So here spectro went cold....but not dead....

Spectro was scrapped. As was a new MK night show. Let's not go over new Fanland again and it's flawed reasoning.

...and here Spectro died....?

Well I love MSEP so that part doesnt bum me... but the no new night time show does...and I do agree that when MSEP leaves us again that a NEW 100% original night time parade needs to arrive....

Phineas and Ferb, I really think you should go to Disneyland this summer where things get done.

sigh... I wish I could argue with you .... having been to DLR in 2010 it was a dramaticly different world over there....

Their media "events" have become such a joke, I'm amazed these PR folks keep their jobs.

Wonder if they are the same folks that presented us with the John Carter marketing?

etwtec

So all WDW is getting this summer is the new MMAY? Spectro is for sure 100% out of the picture for this summer?

And Martin, What do you mean by Spectro went cold and got scrapped? I did not think much was being done to it in the first place besides some light electrical work?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So all WDW is getting this summer is the new MMAY? Spectro is for sure 100% out of the picture for this summer?

And Martin, What do you mean by Spectro went cold and got scrapped? I did not think much was being done to it in the first place besides some light electrical work?

All I knew was Spectro was "uncovered" and being worked on as opposed to just being stored, with rumour they wanted it out for the summer season. Then nothing else happened to it, and the rumour went dead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom