Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I already explained what I meant.

Also I didn’t post the article, I just made a comment about it.

And Iger can make a decision on Hulu at any time, it doesn’t have to wait until next year. The 2024 deadline is for when Disney must do something, doesn’t mean it can’t be done before that.
Apologies for my confusion.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Jesse Garcia (Flamin’ Hot) will star opposite Eva Longoria and George Lopez in the Disney+ film Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

The project marks his return to the franchise, having previously portrayed the character of Dwayne in the Miguel Arteta film of the same name released in 2014.

Garcia will portray Frank Garcia, a happily married vegan chef, and father of Mia, David, and the titular Alexander. Frank clashes with his family when he refuses to modify his recipes to more traditional Mexican food even if it means missing out on opportunities.

From writer Matt Lopez and director Marvin Lemus, Alexander tells the story of 11-year-old Alexander Garcia who thinks he has the worst luck in the world. When his family sets off on a road trip to California, he’s pretty sure disaster awaits at every corner. His anxiety only increases when a family secret is revealed.

The film is produced by Shawn Levy, Dan Levine, and Lisa Henson. Marisol Roncali and Chelsea Ellis Bloch serve as casting directors."

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Interesting article, except it leaves out the huge fact that the MCU is doing just fine using both characters without Comcast being involved. So that throws that idea out the window.

Whatever is going to happen to Hulu will happen, only have to wait a little over 9 months to find out.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Film rights to Hulk (which I think Disney gets back soon by default) and Namor are not worth almost $20 billion lol (based on minimum valuing of $27 billion that I think is the current total Hulu valuation agreement between Comcast and Disney).

Those film rights plus return of all Marvel park rights are probably not worth $20 billion. But maybe. Who knows?

Selfishly, I'd rather Disney get back the park rights and get rid of Hulu. :)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Film rights to Hulk (which I think Disney gets back soon by default) and Namor are not worth almost $20 billion lol (based on minimum valuing of $27 billion that I think is the current total Hulu valuation agreement between Comcast and Disney).

Those film rights plus return of all Marvel park rights are probably not worth $20 billion. But maybe. Who knows?

Selfishly, I'd rather Disney get back the park rights and get rid of Hulu. :)
And what’s funny is it’s not even the film rights, those already belong to Disney, it’s just distribution rights.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Miley Cyrus is returning to Disney: The pop star will debut the original special event Miley Cyrus — Endless Summer Vacation (Backyard Sessions) on Disney+ on March 10.

Cyrus announced Friday that she will executive produce the music special featuring performances of songs from her new album Endless Summer Vacation, to also be released March 10. Her eighth album will include collaborations with Sia and Brandi Carlile and includes the hit single “Flowers,” which is spending its sixth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. “Flowers” broke several streaming records when it was released in January.

The 30-year-old former Hannah Montana star will also perform one of her classic hits and also share the stage with Rufus Wainwright during the special. Miley Cyrus — Endless Summer Vacation (Backyard Sessions) will also include an interview with Cyrus shot at the famed Los Angeles house where Frank Sinatra once lived; it’s also where the singer shot the music video for “Flowers.”"

Here's the video announcement.

"Miley Cyrus is returning to Disney: The pop star will debut the original special event Miley Cyrus — Endless Summer Vacation (Backyard Sessions) on Disney+ on March 10.

Cyrus announced Friday that she will executive produce the music special featuring performances of songs from her new album Endless Summer Vacation, to also be released March 10. Her eighth album will include collaborations with Sia and Brandi Carlile and includes the hit single “Flowers,” which is spending its sixth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. “Flowers” broke several streaming records when it was released in January.

The 30-year-old former Hannah Montana star will also perform one of her classic hits and also share the stage with Rufus Wainwright during the special. Miley Cyrus — Endless Summer Vacation (Backyard Sessions) will also include an interview with Cyrus shot at the famed Los Angeles house where Frank Sinatra once lived; it’s also where the singer shot the music video for “Flowers.”"

Here's the video announcement.

Rock n Roller Coaster retheme? 🤣

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
So that same analyst has clarified their statement today in an interview, they actually 100% believe that Disney should buy out the rest of Hulu.

In the end, it’s only his own opinion. Who knows what's on Iger’s mind?

Also, can someone give me a full transcript of the interview? The captions were being rather slow.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In the end, it’s only his own opinion. Who knows what's on Iger’s mind?

Also, can someone give me a full transcript of the interview? The captions were being rather slow.

Yes it’s opinion, it all opinion. The article you posted was using this same analysts “opinion”, which needed further clarification because his real “opinion” is Disney will buy all of Hulu.

As for transcript I’m sure it’s there on CNBC, check for it.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Yes it’s opinion, it all opinion. The article you posted was using this same analysts “opinion”, which needed further clarification because his real “opinion” is Disney will buy all of Hulu.

As for transcript I’m sure it’s there on CNBC, check for it.
So basically the analyst in question has two different opinions, and I’m betting that he created the "Disney owning 100% of Hulu" one before the company's Q1 2023 report, where he made the "everything's on the table" statement about Hulu.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So basically the analyst in question has two different opinions, and I’m betting that he created the "Disney owning 100% of Hulu" one before the company's Q1 2023 report, where he made the "everything's on the table" statement about Hulu.
Incorrect, the video I posted was from Friday 3/3/2023, AFTER the 2/8 earnings call. All you have to do is listen (or read) to the actual interview and it shows it was AFTER that article you posted.

His comments are basically "Hey if Iger is really saying everything is on the table here is an option, trade Hulu to Comcast for the distribution rights for these two Marvel characters". But really his "opinion" is that Disney SHOULD own 100% of Hulu, that is what they would prefer to happen. As they see greater value in the long term by Disney keeping Hulu rather than sell it in the short term.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Incorrect, the video I posted was from Friday 3/3/2023, AFTER the 2/8 earnings call. All you have to do is listen (or read) to the actual interview and it shows it was AFTER that article you posted.

His comments are basically "Hey if Iger is really saying everything is on the table here is an option, trade Hulu to Comcast for the distribution rights for these two Marvel characters". But really his "opinion" is that Disney SHOULD own 100% of Hulu, that is what they would prefer to happen. As they see greater value in the long term by Disney keeping Hulu rather than sell it in the short term.
So basically, he’s not really keen on Disney selling its Hulu stake, even though he made the option that is opposite to said opinion so he can play along with Iger's comment.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So basically, he’s not really keen on Disney selling its Hulu stake, even though he made the option that is opposite to said opinion so he can play along with Iger's comment.
As said in my previous post, they see greater value long term for Disney by them keeping Hulu rather than sell it.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
@Disney Irish I found a YouTube version of the video interview you sent me, and it has a better transcript.

What I find interesting in it is that they talk about two different ways of Disney selling Hulu: One scenario where all of the streamer’s content is part of the sale, including FX, meaning that the Fox deal (the Disney/Fox purchase I think they mention) goes with it. The other scenario is where Disney sells said streamer, but the former has a licensing agreement for Disney-made content on Hulu before going to Disney+. The other thing the analyst says in the video is that he thinks Disney should keep production assets if they decide to sell Hulu.

There have also been videos CNBC put out 3 weeks ago talking about this issue.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
@Disney Irish I found a YouTube version of the video interview you sent me, and it has a better transcript.

What I find interesting in it is that they talk about two different ways of Disney selling Hulu: One scenario where all of the streamer’s content is part of the sale, including FX, meaning that the Fox deal (the Disney/Fox purchase I think they mention) goes with it. The other scenario is where Disney sells said streamer, but the former has a licensing agreement for Disney-made content on Hulu before going to Disney+. The other thing the analyst says in the video is that he thinks Disney should keep production assets if they decide to sell Hulu.

There have also been videos CNBC put out 3 weeks ago talking about this issue.

As I said they provided options on how Disney can sell Hulu based on the Iger comment of "everything on the table". BUT, and that is a huge but, they see Disney having better value long term by keeping Hulu. And this is important because in the end that is what Iger is more likely to do, what provides Disney better value long term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom