Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

PartOfYourWorld

Just signed up for the 5K last night, woohoo!

Going to be there that weekend anyway and the 5K still has spots open...so why not? :)

If we were coming in on the Thursday instead of the Friday I would have done the 5K too with you guys and made my husband do it too LOL. But we don't want to use another vacation day so we will be boarding our plane when you start :( but :D

-em

I got one of my friends who is not a runner to sign up for the 5k so I can show 'why I do races' so now have all 3 races in 3 days (least the 5K will be a nice walk to stretch the muscles out)

Not so worried about the GSC its the having enough in the tank to pull off the Excalibur 10miler the next weekend :) (need to earn a crown to go with my 'glass slipper' :)

Ariel484

Maryssa*

You got it! I have no idea where I fall in the 5K placement since they didn't post corrals for that. We shall see!
It's interesting that they do corrals for the WDW 5ks but not the DLR ones (as far as I've been able to tell at least). Maybe that many more people?

FerretAfros

It's interesting that they do corrals for the WDW 5ks but not the DLR ones (as far as I've been able to tell at least). Maybe that many more people?
It's partly because there are more people in WDW, partly because they have the space to do it, and partly because they're just more experienced at the races and have their act together better.

For example, the Tink 5K starts on Main Street so Tinkerbell can fly from the Matterhorn at the beginning. While a neat effect and setting, WDW would never start a race on Main Street because it's just a logistical nightmare. The 2013 DL1/2 5K started in the same place as the 10K and Half (start time 45 minutes before the 10K, so everything was set up for its corrals), yet they decided to keep the first-come-first-served corrals, and ended up with runners trampling small children at the start of the race, as is usual out there

It's things like this that always amaze me they can get away with, and charge what they do for the races at DLR, since it often just ends up as a giant fluster-cluck. The local culture will keep fueling the popularity of the DL rD events, but IMO they're just not nearly as well done as the ones in WDW (which are very expensive, but also very well run)

Brer Josh

Very well run?
Are we talking about RunDisney?

The event itself may be okay, a lot of people would probably disagree, but the nickel and diming and poor organizational skills is pretty apparent.

Still... the smiles outweigh the miles.

-em

If the Minnie 10K is any indication for the Princess 10K the corrals were more randomly assigned with no real proof of time requirements so its anyones guess...

I ended up in corral I for GSC- Math wise they evened the corrals up more than for Donald which had smaller A-E where princess they are only slightly smaller up front than the back which could be interesting...

PartOfYourWorld

I ended up in Corral J for the GSC for the Half doing the math theres ~10,500 people in front of corral J and 12,000 behind (and thats including just the 1/2 runners) with 2,000 in Corral J So that means theres ~24,500 running the Princess Half on Sunday.

dreamfinder

If the Minnie 10K is any indication for the Princess 10K the corrals were more randomly assigned with no real proof of time requirements so its anyones guess...

I ended up in corral I for GSC- Math wise they evened the corrals up more than for Donald which had smaller A-E where princess they are only slightly smaller up front than the back which could be interesting...

The Minnie 10k did place people based off their estimated per mile pace. It wasn't random, even though there was no proof of time needed.

The corrals still look smaller up front. My math is showing 454 and 499 for A&B, while I&J are coming up at 1,999. Donald had 457 in A, 497 in B, 1,995 in I & 1,996 in J. So they should still be the same. Accounting for all the different challenges make the numbers look wonky, especially where 2/3rds of the donald runners were doing Goofy and Dopey.

PartOfYourWorld

I'm in corral I for the half so maybe I will see you ladies :D Planning on being dressed as Megara.

that will be awesome! i love Megara! I'll keep my eye out for you! I'll be dressed as Ariel since she's my princess :)

Not sure if I am doing anything for the 10K or not

Last edited:

-em

I may have forgotten to factor in some challenge # so glad it works out the same- I thought it spaced well for Donald and I hope Princess feels the same and not the miserable experience of last year..

I think the thing that to me killed the Minnie 10K was the ratios of 10Kers to Dopey where when more are just there to log the miles than race made it harder for those of us who were there to run hard- I hope without the 'threat' of a full that the 10K has a more 'race atmosphere' like the 10K DLR did.. I really would like to have a good 10k to possibly get a better proof of time..

I'm hopefully going to finalize my costumes today- I never can think of anything 'fun'

Maryssa*

I'm hopefully going to finalize my costumes today- I never can think of anything 'fun'
Start with your favorite princess or movie :D Even if you don't go as a princess you could come up with something based on one of the characters. Or be something from a WDW ride haha. I have seen several Figments in races. PRINCESS FIGMENT!

So I understand the walk to the corrals is pretty long from the main area... do they have pottys near the corrals? I'd hate to walk all that way and then be in trouble :x

imagination30

Start with your favorite princess or movie :D Even if you don't go as a princess you could come up with something based on one of the characters. Or be something from a WDW ride haha. I have seen several Figments in races. PRINCESS FIGMENT!

So I understand the walk to the corrals is pretty long from the main area... do they have pottys near the corrals? I'd hate to walk all that way and then be in trouble :x
yes and yes ! to answer your question about the walk and potties! , its a hike! .. so be prepared!
but they do have potties before they let you out on the road to go to your corral in the little holding area so ... you are safe!

dreamfinder

It does make the 13.1 into more of a 14ish by the time you add in the walk. There are port a johns closer to the start, but it never hurts to go in the staging area as well, as the lines closer to the corrals can get pretty long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom