Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Maverick, Mario and Avatar crushed it
1685639655100.png

DKampy

I am not denying their success… I actually watched Avatar and Maverick in the theater…but I know several people who have been taught to wait for streaming…so I think it is true that some movies would have done better pre-pandemic…I am not one of them… I still think theaters are still the best way way to screen a movie

doctornick

Some movies have done fine, sure, but the overall film industry is depressed in 2023 compared to pre pandemic. A film that is just as “well received” now in 2023 would make less money than it would have in 2019. I highly doubt Aladdin would have made $1B if it were released today just because of moviegoer behavior shifts.

Getting to a billion always seemed like a stretch for TLM to me. It would have had to have been exceptionally loved to get there in today’s market and the release schedule in the month after wasn’t favorable.

Phroobar

Some movies have done fine, sure, but the overall film industry is depressed in 2023 compared to pre pandemic. A film that is just as “well received” now in 2023 would make less money than it would have in 2019. I highly doubt Aladdin would have made $1B if it were released today just because of moviegoer behavior shifts.

Getting to a billion always seemed like a stretch for TLM to me. It would have had to have been exceptionally loved to get there in today’s market and the release schedule in the month after wasn’t favorable.
Exactly. Spiderman is released tomorrow. The TLM will drown at that time.

J4546

i dont know if this has been answered before but does anyone know how AMC A-List app subscribers tickets count toward box office numbers? I pay 20 bucks a month and can see 3 movies a week at any AMC and I usually see 3-4 a month so it pays for itself, good deal imo. But do those tickets count towards ticket sales numbers or not?

Phroobar

They literally are.

Spidey is going to gobble up a decent chunk of the PLF screens and then Transformers will take over whatever's left the following week.
My theater is going from 12 showings of TLM down to 8 showings because Spiderman has 15 showings tomorrow. Also the 6pm till 9:30pm showings of TLM have ten or less people in them. While the 8:20 show today for Spiderman is almost sold out.

CaptainAmerica

i dont know if this has been answered before but does anyone know how AMC A-List app subscribers tickets count toward box office numbers? I pay 20 bucks a month and can see 3 movies a week at any AMC and I usually see 3-4 a month so it pays for itself, good deal imo. But do those tickets count towards ticket sales numbers or not?
I believe it basically counts as if you had paid full price for a standard format 2D showing in that time slot.

Phroobar

That's a really great deal. 12 movies a month for $24.99. I wish our closest AMC wasn't ten miles away. I have a Harkens that is 2 miles away.

Disstevefan1

Somebody makes money. The question is how much money does Disney get from these type of ticket sales?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom