Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, I know! What is up with the blurry backgrounds in every single movie? I guess it’s cheaper to just blur the bad specials effects out. Rather than try to fix the mess they made.
Most 'live' movies have blurred backgrounds.

Real life has blurred backgrounds.

It's what happens when your eyes or a camera focuses on what's in the foreground... the background then becomes blurry.

You're noticing this in the trailer because in real life, when you look at distant things, you re-focus your eyes to bring them into sharp focus. But when you look at the background of a film in which the background is blurred, it doesn't snap into focus like in real life.

You don't notice this on most films/video you watch because you keep your attention on the actors/action in the foreground and accept the blurred background as normal vision.

Watch film/video the way it was filmed by watching what's in focus rather than scanning the background. And certainly don't freeze frame it.

Yes, one can film with a deep field of vision to make everything in focus. Film makers sometimes use that to create a mood. But it's the exception to the rule. And CGI can do that, too. But they purposely try to re-create what a real lens would do to make their cinema look... cinematic.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I noticed it with Wakanda as well. Somehow a show like The Mandolorian has way better special effects than anything that is going to the movies right now.
Are you referring to making the background blurry?

1677776657999.png

DKampy

So now people are getting around their comments getting deleted by posting videos of YouTubers complaining about race for fear that someone may change the race of a make believe character to one that does not have similarities to themselves

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
So now people are getting around their comments getting deleted by posting videos of YouTubers complaining about race for fear that someone may change the race of a make believe character to one that does not have similarities to themselves
Well.. apparently they're *not* getting away with it. ;)

But if people want to post videos of some guy ranting sarcastically for 10 minutes self-deluded that that counts as humor as well as social commentary... well, let's have them waste their time doing so!

Jedijax719

It is fashionable to complain and rant these days. Many people are not happy unless they are whining and moaning about pretty much everything. There's very little "hey this could be cool so I will give it a try" anymore.

Frankenstein79

Random person - "What a dump!"

Disney Loyalist - "That's because you are used to living in a clean house. Who cares if cat poo is everywhere. .... A lot of houses have cat poo... everywhere."

PrinceCharming617

I think when compared to Way of Water it just looks worse however with that said they may patch some things up? This was the case with Beauty and the Beast the teasers weren’t the final product. That said the teaser we have now looks fine, but could just be because we cant truly focus on one particular scene.

TBH this is my issue with movies heavily reliant on CGI they sometimes look bad and may age poorly. Not sure how else you would go about a Little Mermaid live action film though.

Unfortunately that's what people said about Pinocchio.

I just hope Flounder looks better than Sebastian.

PrinceCharming617

I probably wouldn't want to see it even if the effects were good. I'm sick of the remakes.

Besides POC's deserve to have their own stories. Not handmedowns from already established characters. There's only 1 black princess, because Disney's too uncreative to create one.

Yeah preach sister, it’s lazy of Disney to just swap.

People of Color should not get leftovers that people will react negatively towards. There are so many great characters whose stories haven't been told.

Jedijax719

I probably wouldn't want to see it even if the effects were good. I'm sick of the remakes.

Besides POC's deserve to have their own stories. Not handmedowns from already established characters. There's only 1 black princess, because Disney's too uncreative to create one.
Once again, Disney doesn't create them as a studio. Writers create stories. It's up to Disney, as a studio only greenlights ideas that either their own writers come up with or other writers present to them. The blame is on those that allow ideas to be made and fund them. Pixar and WDAS always comes up with original ideas and many are accepted (but still many many are rejected as well). But as I've said a million times before, WAY too much money has been lost, unfortunately, by all studios trying to land the next big original idea. We had Avatar in 2009 and a bunch of horror movies since then. That's all the live action original theatrical material there has been.

So blame the execs not writers. Execs greenlight, writers write. And execs greenlight what will bring them money, despite the whining and crying about a lack of creativity. It's insane how people just don't comprehend this.

BuddyThomas

African American actor is also playing Hercules in a pre-Broadway tryout at Paper Mill Playhouse. Race does not matter to Disney and it does not matter to me. Best actor for the role is all that counts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom