Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

AswaySuller

World of Color bites!

I thought it was awful, it's story is virtually non existant... I'd take fantasmic with none of the effects working over WOC any day..but just my opinion! I'm seeing it again next week, I really hope it changes my mind.

Do people really want Carsland at DHS?
What ever happened to originality???
If we were getting a clone I think indy would be a better fit.... However hte backlot needs to go.... Catastrophe canyon to boot and put something major in there before USF steals your thunder.

Bairstow

Originality is expensive, and the chances of I or my family, (or most of the East Coast for that matter) ever going across the continent to California Adventure (and not just Disneyland) are virtually non-existent, so if Carsland is a known hit and MGM needs an expansion, why not build a second Carsland?

I'm pretty sure people weren't complaining about "originality" when they built the Magic Kingdom's Pirates of the Caribbean.
Much the opposite, actually.

BryceM

Like I said, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was taken from Disney's Hollywood Studios and placed in Disney's California Adventure. Of course, our Tower is still 10 times better but people out in the west coast can now enjoy entering the twilight zone and dropping 13 floors. They also have Toy Story Midway Mania which was at the Studios first.

Now that I look at it, I don't see what's wrong with Carsland in Florida. If its an expansion, then it is welcomed by me.

(though I would like something unique)

c-one

Originality is expensive, and the chances of I or my family, (or most of the East Coast for that matter) ever going across the continent to California Adventure (and not just Disneyland) are virtually non-existent, so if Carsland is a known hit and MGM needs an expansion, why not build a second Carsland?

I'm pretty sure people weren't complaining about "originality" when they built the Magic Kingdom's Pirates of the Caribbean.
Much the opposite, actually.
The clamoring for originality is louder with this group here -- not a representative sample -- for obvious reasons. Most parkgoers are in your shoes -- they haven't been to DCA and may never go, so an East Coast Carsland would be perfectly desirable.

For those of us who live off of the thrill of following construction updates and watching WDI craft magical new things from scratch, a second Carsland simply isn't that exciting. Think about the hype watching Carsland take shape as compared with, say, the Paris version of Tower of Terror going up. By that time, TOT was a franchise, so what's there to get excited about for us? But for the average visitor to that park, it was a fantastic addition and helped get WDS on the road to semi-respectability. Still a ways to go down that road, mind.

Initially I hoped for a brand-new addition, too, but the more I think about it, and the more days pass in which DHS is a sad empty shell, the more Carsland and/or Radiator Springs Racers seems like a perfectly wise addition.

c-one

And could someone explain the childish policy against naming competitors of this site? Makes it awfully difficult to carry a coherent conversation. The-Site-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named!

TalkingHead

They also have Toy Story Midway Mania which was at the Studios first.

I was under the impression that Midway Mania was initially designed for DCA -- and was rather cloned for DHS (rather crudely IMO).

Add Soarin, RSR, and Mermaid to the mix and it starts to look like WDW gets DLR's sloppy seconds.

BryceM

I was under the impression that Midway Mania was initially designed for DCA -- and was rather cloned for DHS (rather crudely IMO).

Add Soarin, RSR, and Mermaid to the mix and it starts to look like WDW gets DLR's sloppy seconds.
Oops, sorry!

I'm pretty sure TSMWM was originally planned for DCA. The location of the ride thematically fits better at DCA, which would explain it.

Leave Cars Land in California.
Yikes, sorry! And I agree. The midway theme fits way better at the pier than the city-like area that is Pixar Place. Though, the queue seems way better here at WDW.

with the new roger rabbit movie coming out next year or 2014, how big are possibilities for a ride or maybe even a section
With another muppet movie coming out next year how likely is it to get a bigger muppet area with a restaurant and a ride
If they are retheming the great movie ride what movies should they use
How big are chances of getting a bigger better star wars area
There are many questions but what could be the answer to making DHS more than just a half day park

LudwigVonDrake

I have booked my first trip to Disneyland for next summer. Always wanted to go but was reluctant. But Carsland broke down that wall and I'll be spending a week checking out both parks. I am more excited about this trip than my 15+ trips to WDW. I'll go back in 2014 to check out the newest additions to Fantasyland but for now I NEED to go to Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom