Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Cesar R M

Disney's John Doe Park. It's forgotten it's identity and nobody can correctly identify it.

1310295773742.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thought I'd get the ultimate response from you, Martin! Previous post redacted. ;)

EDIT: Guess Wikipedia isn't that trustworthy. :p Though there was a transitional period in '94, wasn't there? Honest question...

Lol

This was a huge area of discussion back in the day. There were a set of marketing logo "parts "during the transition of dropping the Euro and the awful original green and red logo. Euro. Disney. Land. Paris. Green lines. Blue lines. Different fonts. Different colours. For this interim period various different areas of marketing - unbeknown to corporate - started to use various sections of the logo at random for the resort as a whole. It didn't last long as you can imagine.

The resort as a whole official has been EuroDisney, Disneyland Resort Paris or more recently just Disneyland Paris.

The park itself was either EuroDisneyland or Disneyland Paris in English, though French is Parc Disneyland and internal PA spiels have been known to say "Magic Kingdom".

Last edited:

Kman101

I hope they DON'T go with Disney*Pixar Studios. They need to drop the Studios. Are we truly getting an announcement at D23? They need to stop announcing they are announcing something and just announce it. I know we still probably have 5 years to go with the makeover ...

Rutt

Disney's World of Hollywood
Disney's Wonderful World of Hollywood
Disney's Hollywood World
Disney's Wonderful World

I kinda like the 'wonderful world of' theme, harkens back to Sunday nights and the Wonderful World of Disney which was a family tradition almost on par with Hockey Night In Canada here.

G00fyDad

I kinda like the 'wonderful world of' theme, harkens back to Sunday nights and the Wonderful World of Disney which was a family tradition almost on par with Hockey Night In Canada here.

I doubt they will go with something like that. They will most likely want to keep it pretty simple. One or two words.

kucarachi

I thought i read it was to be named Disney's Hollywood Adventure? Complete with a toy story playland, a woody themed ride, a guardian of the galaxy ride that uses the same technology as ratatouille and maybe take the place of the great movie ride, and possibly beauty and the beast show getting replaced by a tangled show. And yes ever one of these rumors is 100 percent....still a rumor.

G00fyDad

I thought i read it was to be named Disney's Hollywood Adventure?

Possibly. This is not too far fetched. Although I doubt they will use the Adventure name for the other coast as well since they already have it in Cali.

Complete with a toy story playland

I heard this too. I hope it happens in HiSTK area.

a woody themed ride

I doubt it. They technically already have this with TSMM.

a guardian of the galaxy ride that uses the same technology as ratatouille and maybe take the place of the great movie ride

Highly unlikely. I would think that this is the one you refer to as truly a rumor.

possibly beauty and the beast show getting replaced by a tangled show.

Not too likely. Tangled was good, but not the success that Beauty was/is.

kucarachi

Possibly. This is not too far fetched. Although I doubt they will use the Adventure name for the other coast as well since they already have it in Cali.

I heard this too. I hope it happens in HiSTK area.

I doubt it. They technically already have this with TSMM.

Highly unlikely. I would think that this is the one you refer to as truly a rumor.

Not too likely. Tangled was good, but not the success that Beauty was/is.

the guardians of the galaxy is said to be like the ratatouille ride in paris, didn't say that it would replace great movie ride for certain, but a possibility. also that the pixar expansion would happen first, taking over the backlot area and putting in a ride like mater's junkyard jamboree but making it woody themed. then star wars mini land would be the last addition. And i agree Beauty was a better movie/product than Tangled, they really haven't cashed in on it very much. Does rapunzel even get a world showcase meet and greet?

FrankLapidus

the guardians of the galaxy is said to be like the ratatouille ride in paris, didn't say that it would replace great movie ride for certain, but a possibility. also that the pixar expansion would happen first, taking over the backlot area and putting in a ride like mater's junkyard jamboree but making it woody themed. then star wars mini land would be the last addition. And i agree Beauty was a better movie/product than Tangled, they really haven't cashed in on it very much. Does rapunzel even get a world showcase meet and greet?

I don't think GOTG is a possibility, not now at least and not in the way that you're suggesting.

We don't know the exact plans for Star Wars at the moment but I can't see any way that it would be a mini land and the last addition to what they're doing with the park. Star Wars and Pixar/Toy Story seem to be the priorities and will be the cornerstones of the reimagining of DHS, anything beyond that would be a bonus and likely to be a long way away from happening.

kucarachi

Great Movie Ride just got a new partner/sponsor (TCM) and will be refurbing & updating soon, starting with the pre-show and outro movies. It's not going away anytime soon.

I read that as well. Like you said the only thing changing is what they are showing on the movie screens, not the ride itself. So they obviously aren't putting any real money into that ride which tells me they just want to get a few more miles out of it before they do something else? They were also to bring back the search lights, which to me is what the real standout hollywood part of the whole park. you can check it out here and make up your own minds as to how true any of it is.

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors/2014/08/10/major-overhaul-coming-to-hollywood-studios

G00fyDad

I read that as well. Like you said the only thing changing is what they are showing on the movie screens, not the ride itself. So they obviously aren't putting any real money into that ride which tells me they just want to get a few more miles out of it before they do something else? They were also to bring back the search lights, which to me is what the real standout hollywood part of the whole park. you can check it out here and make up your own minds as to how true any of it is.

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors/2014/08/10/major-overhaul-coming-to-hollywood-studios

I wouldn't put much stock in that site. They seem to be taking some facts, adding their own twists and rumors, and throwing it out there to see what sticks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom