Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Otterhead

That is a WDAS production. It had zero involvement as well as zero Marvel branding, pretty much a ground up re-imagining bar some some of the character names staying the same.
This is an interesting point. So even though Big Hero 6 took its name and its characters from a Marvel property, it was an extremely loose adaptation that used no Marvel branding; was that intentional? Does that give Disney leeway to use them more freely in the parks? The Marvel contract is so confusing :)

Matt_Black

This is an interesting point. So even though Big Hero 6 took its name and its characters from a Marvel property, it was an extremely loose adaptation that used no Marvel branding; was that intentional?

Yes, for multiple reasons. Though it still had a Stan Lee cameo.

Does that give Disney leeway to use them more freely in the parks? The Marvel contract is so confusing :)

As noted, the GOTG event at DHS was slipped under the radar (though the preview was advertised), whereas they made sure to let folks know that Hiro & Baymax were meeting once the film came out.

Mike S

Well, there's the family portrait in Fred's house. And you must not have stayed until the end of the credits, another thing that's strongly associated with Marvel.
Yeah I just looked it up. I watched the movie on the plane to California. Guess I completely didn't expect him to show up so I wasn't paying attention. Just watched the after credits scene on YouTube.

Matt_Black

Yeah I just looked it up. I watched the movie on the plane to California. Guess I completely didn't expect him to show up so I wasn't paying attention. Just watched the after credits scene on YouTube.

Best Stan Lee cameo EVER.

Because we all know that designing rides & attractions can be done in a weekend or so; why can't Disney have new rides open the same day their movies open in theaters? Are the Imagineers lazy or what??

Well, then you'll get something about Uni, or how fast Epcot was built, or how promotions in the 90s were more elaborate than a meet & greet, or who knows what else.

doctornick

Twisting words. The two characters that came out at that dance party weren't announced. Why didn't Disney do a Star Lord M+G at the party? It was Disney testing the water ... and instead more than likely threatened by a Comcast lawyer. I would be shocked if Disney would do something so stupid again.

Incorrect. It was announced officially in advance of the Villains event.

Furthermore, they also screened GotG at DHS, which would have never been allowed by Comcast if GotG was not free and clear. It's not like CA:TWS was screened.

jdmdisney99

Lol

This was a huge area of discussion back in the day. There were a set of marketing logo "parts "during the transition of dropping the Euro and the awful original green and red logo. Euro. Disney. Land. Paris. Green lines. Blue lines. Different fonts. Different colours. For this interim period various different areas of marketing - unbeknown to corporate - started to use various sections of the logo at random for the resort as a whole. It didn't last long as you can imagine.

The resort as a whole official has been EuroDisney, Disneyland Resort Paris or more recently just Disneyland Paris.

The park itself was either EuroDisneyland or Disneyland Paris in English, though French is Parc Disneyland and internal PA spiels have been known to say "Magic Kingdom".
Thank you! :) I hope to visit someday.

Cesar R M

For what? They just announced the Star Wars additions. They just cleared space for the Pixar additions. They don't even have contracts for the Marvel stuff. What did you expect them to add "years" ago?
They still cant use most of Marvel in the park.

As for the pixar addtions, it was rumored more than a year ago when the "big guys" visited.
Still, they only announced A SINGLE TRACK expansion to Pixar.
no other "additions" as you mention.

Nothing much on Star Wars either.

Otterhead

They still cant use most of Marvel in the park.

As for the pixar addtions, it was rumored more than a year ago when the "big guys" visited.
Still, they only announced A SINGLE TRACK expansion to Pixar.
no other "additions" as you mention.

Nothing much on Star Wars either.

You keep saying that "it's been years". Since what?

Since the Star Wars additions will be tied in tightly to the new movies, they likely won't announce any specifics until closer to Episode VII's release if not after, unless there are more 'old school' Star Wars things they're adding.

Everything Pixar is just rumor right now, true.

All we know for sure is that they're committing to a major park rehab in the very near future.

SirLink

Furthermore, they also screened GotG at DHS, which would have never been allowed by Comcast if GotG was not free and clear. It's not like CA:TWS was screened.

Announcing a dance party in advance? They didn't announce two characters would show up as well a screening of a movie is not an (A)attraction in any ones books legal or otherwise. They tested the waters probably getting a nasty phone call from a Comcast lawyer.

Captain Chaos

Actually, wasn't it Jim Hill who stated Disney wanted to screen GotG in the Eo theater in Epcot, but couldn't due to the "movement" and "vibrating" of the seats and use of effects in the theater, cause then it would have been an attraction rather than just a movie showing?

space42

You keep saying that "it's been years". Since what?

Since the Star Wars additions will be tied in tightly to the new movies, they likely won't announce any specifics until closer to Episode VII's release if not after, unless there are more 'old school' Star Wars things they're adding.

Everything Pixar is just rumor right now, true.

All we know for sure is that they're committing to a major park rehab in the very near future.

It's been years since they built anything of substance at MGM. In fact, they've closed more than they have opened.

All we have are rumors.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom