Disney's biggest mistake at WDW

Disney's biggest mistake

• Placement of the Swan and Dolphin behind World Showcase ruining the view

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • The new JIYI

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Placement of the speedway. Car noise can be heard from the Poly to the Camp ground

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Other

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
I have to agree with Smee. The Hat in front of the Theater was a big mistake. It kills the view as you enter the park. I haven't seen it in person yet, so i'm hoping that it will be OK when they finish it. By the way, I heard rumors that they will move it after the "100 years" celebration. True or Not???????:confused:

I heard it was going to be the new icon for the park. I think it will stick aroundfor awhile.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

I heard it was going to be the new icon for the park. I think it will stick aroundfor awhile.

Well if it does, I hope they move it somewhere other than right smack in front of the theater. :mad: :mad:

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Well if it does, I hope they move it somewhere other than right smack in front of the theater. :mad: :mad:

it kinda makes u wonder if the theater will be there anymore. everybosy kepts talking about a rehab for this ride for the last year or so. and the hat is placed ever so perfect in front of it. Kinda makes me wonder about the future of the great movie ride.

WDW-Imagineer

Yeah, and Disney has a habit of not removing "temporary" icons (Spaceship Earth icon..) so its probably not gonna be moved or taken down. :( :(

I think this has been mentioned before, but, the perfect place for the "hat" would have been at the entrance of FANTASMIC. It goes with the theme and would have looked good facing the TOT and the RnRC. But that's just my opinion.........

Smee

The hat is not going anywhere, the construction is heavy duty, this is not a temporary or moveable thing.

I'll take the wait and see attitude, I just miss the view down H-Blvd. The lighting and any other effects Disney has in mind will make the difference.

It just seems a large structure to park right in front of a beautiful building like the GMR. There has to be a plan for all this to tie in together.

TynkerBelle

Disney magazine has the hat as permanent, the pin thing again. The pins are supposed to light up at diffent spots and during different shows. Perhaps that way you'll never know if it's a dud.

Disneynut

The Swan is run by Westin and the Dolphin by Sheraton. Guests staying at these two resorts, have some priveleges, such as early-entry to the parks and Disney bus and boat transportation. However, you can not charge purchases back to your room and packages are delivered to the front desk. Also there is no free valet, it costs about $8 a day.

Patricia Melton

The 5 Biggest Mistakes Disney Made at WDW (up to 2012):

1. Closing the Adventurers' Club --- in my opinion this should be remedied by building an Adventurers Club restaurant in Adventureland in MK (casual service in day and table service at night like BOG will be, and at night a floor show with two seatings...one at 6pm and one at 9pm).

2. Keeping the Speedway when FLE was announced --- should have used the opportunity to remove the Speedway too and give half the reclaimed land to FL and half to Tomorrowland

3. Scrapping Beastly Kingdom at DAK -- I hold out hope all the time that Disney one day delivers a mythical menagerie of animals from world mythology that can only be seen "alive" in one place on the planet, and that place is DAK

4. Ceding the Jurassic Park world to Universal by not building a more extensive Dinosaur land at DAK -- who owns the rights to Dinotopia? I have always thought that Disney should scrap Dinoland USA and replace it with a gorgeous Dinotopia-based experience with the dinosaurs from those books

5. Not building the monorail to DAK -- I know it's prohibitively expensive, but it would have been a smart long-term investment to extend the monorail to DAK and connect other Disney entities. Would make the whole place feel more cohesive and would no doubt increase DAK attendance and make it feel more connected to the rest of the parks.

G00fyDad

My choice is not included in the poll...
A bad ride or two is NOT a BIG mistake...

I think Animal Kingdom was a big mistake....I'd like to see a profit and loss statement on all the parks and I'd bet AK is at the bottom...if not showing a loss. Don't get me wrong, I like the park...but it shows up on any poll here as dead last among the other parks in almost any category. And I think we, as WDW fanatics, are a pretty good barometer of the feeling of the general public. I hope the park gets a good enema soon, and the Imagineers come up with some way of pumping up the public.

And if you don't like that answer...I think Disneyland PARIS was a BIG mistake. Screw the French! I wonder if that park is turning as much of a profit as it turns the heads of the snooty citizens. They should've put the park in England where there's a sense of humor.

LOL :D Sorry. I had to laugh at that one. Not trying to rile you up here or anything, but no, we here are not a good barometer of the feeling of the general public. The general public is blissfully ignorant of most of the issues with Disney. They go, they buy, they ride, and they enjoy, never knowing what once was. We, the ones that have gone year after year, after year know what it used to be like and we know what needs fixing, or plussing. But we are a small fraction of the people that go to Disney. Therefore, we cannot be a good indicator of the general feel of the public.

G00fyDad

I will have to say that one of their biggest (in my own personal opinion) is the big blue safety cone in DHS. WTH is that thing still doing there? Blocking the view of the theater for copyright infringement? I doubt that. If that was the case then Disney could easily have changed the outside of the theater for nearly the same cost as that flippin hat. :rolleyes: Get rid of the eye sore, and change the theater exterior if need be. Bring back the Earful Tower as the icon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom