Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

dreday3

What about Bambi?

You know I've never seen it! I always thought it sounded so sad as a child and then I just never watched it.
My absolute favorite movie as a child was Lady & The Tramp. How much I bugged my parents for a cocker spaniel, for years! :D

ToTBellHop

So are BellHops. 😲
1673566861329.gif

P.S. your bags are in the swamp.

tcool123

He likely is wrong. As you stated, “early years.” Dumbo is rarely used/seen nowadays
FD29EE73-0297-4885-9592-CF1C077A4014.png

Yet chosen as the passholder magnet here in the swamps, reserved for a select few characters who aren’t in Mickey’s group. Dumbo joins Figment, Tinker Bell, Simba and Orange Bird to be the fifth nonMickey and co for this honor (I guess?) either way it’s a clear sign he’s still prominent enough.

I do think as time passes Dumbo will become more and more of a park IP in the public’s eye as one of the only attractions at every Disney resort worldwide

Californian Elitist

View attachment 691646

Yet chosen as the passholder magnet here in the swamps, reserved for a select few characters who aren’t in Mickey’s group. Dumbo joins Figment, Tinker Bell, Simba and Orange Bird to be the fifth nonMickey and co for this honor (I guess?) either way it’s a clear sign he’s still prominent enough.

I do think as time passes Dumbo will become more and more of a park IP in the public’s eye as one of the only attractions at every Disney resort worldwide
A character being used on merchandise including passholder magnets, doesn’t mean said character is iconic.

tcool123

A character being used on merchandise including passholder magnets, doesn’t mean said character is iconic.
Your comment simply was about the usage of said character, and I’d say being singled out would prove its still being used.

The film itself may no longer be as iconic for the public however the ride itself is arguably more iconic than the film thanks to its importance at every resort.

Californian Elitist

Your comment simply was about the usage of said character, and I’d say being singled out would prove its still being used.

The film itself may no longer be as iconic for the public however the ride itself is arguably more iconic than the film thanks to its importance at every resort.
Right, because I’m talking about iconography in general, not iconography amongst Disney fans and resorts. Mickey Mouse is iconic both within the Disney community and around the world. Dumbo, though?

We’re talking about two different things.
Dumbo is obviously iconic. I don't care for the film, but c'mon. He's classic Disney.
Amongst Disney fans, sure. In general, likely not. I would disagree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom