Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

WorldExplorer

Let's do something classy for the 100th.

Marketing and product team: Okay, let's just dump silver stuff all over everything.

What low effort junk.

947e69cc-01cb-45d3-a6ae-c72b2d54bd4b_text.gif

JohnD

Now from 38 or so items down to 29. The $195 ear hats and bands as well as the purple mug are gone, among other things. Don't look at me. I don't want any of that stuff other than maybe a WDW mug, if offered.

DCBaker

Premium Member
View attachment 665668

Here's the new home for Disney 100 Years of Wonder -

To follow up with this, the website wasn't updated with any new information today and instead now just lists "Coming in 2023".

IMG_1179.jpg

There is a link on the Disney100 website to news articles from D23 and the newest one from December 30th does have this note - "Later in 2023, the celebration will come to life at Walt Disney World Resort."

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
To follow up with this, the website wasn't updated with any new information today and instead now just lists "Coming in 2023".

View attachment 689399

There is a link on the Disney100 website to news articles from D23 and the newest one from December 30th does have this note - "Later in 2023, the celebration will come to life at Walt Disney World Resort."

Hopefully that "celebration" at WDW will be more magical than its 50th(or lack thereof), likely not by much, 3 months from now it'll be over before it began

JohnD

View attachment 689399

We can assume "later in 2023" will be April 1 as the WDW 50th anniversary celebration ends March 31.

dreday3

We can assume "later in 2023" will be April 1 as the WDW 50th anniversary celebration ends March 31.

I'm not sure I agree. I'm betting October 1. If it was April 1, wouldn't they say "early 2023" instead of "later"? Honestly, we'll be there in April and I don't care either way.

But maybe. They seem to be slow to announce things lately. Still not a word about Flower/Garden dates for 2023! :(

JohnD

I'm not sure I agree. I'm betting October 1. If it was April 1, wouldn't they say "early 2023" instead of "later"? Honestly, we'll be there in April and I don't care either way.

But maybe. They seem to be slow to announce things lately. Still not a word about Flower/Garden dates for 2023! :(
I'll be there in April myself. I also don't care either way. Just guessed April 1 with 50th ending on March 31. The Festival of the Arts just started. They'll probably announce mid-festival. But it's usually mid-March through June.

TTA94

View attachment 689399

A few surprises would be nice, but we’ll see.

TTA94

Anyone hear what plans Paris, Shanghai and Hong Kong have for the 100th? For Paris I could see a new nighttime show. Parade wise I think all resorts are overdue, except Tokyo who’s getting a new parade for their 40th this year. Hong Kong has yet to return any parades.

TTA94

Saw that Disneyland cast members will be getting new 100th name tags. I would assume WDW cast members will as well?

DisneyDebRob

Well that is all quite ugly. I hated all of the 50th stuff too, with the rose golds and pastels.

The Vault Collection was such a homerun but the main 50th and 100th lines have been so blah.
I actually brought extra cash with me a few weeks ago when I arrived, fully expecting to purchase a few anniversary and especially EPCOT 40th stuff. Nothing. I came home with the money except for a magnet. The Epcot stuff was horrific. I like button down woven men’s shirts and everything they had was terrible. The anniversary stuff was no better with that color scheme. Doesn’t look like the 100 is going to get any of my money either.
I really think they look for the worst color palette and just do it like that.

VJ

any guesses as to how long the 100th will last? previous celebrations have lasted anywhere from 12 to 18 months, so i'd assume at least until january 2024 - since it's not specific to parks and resorts, i'd say the precedent is a bit wonky this time around

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom