Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

ToTBellHop

Hong Kong Disneyland is getting the upgraded Frozen animatronics. Maybe Epcot will get the same for Frozen Ever After?

1673638748530.gif

brb1006

Upcoming Disney Parks streaming of Disney's 100th celebration at Disneyland.

jrhwdw

Upcoming Disney Parks streaming of Disney's 100th celebration at Disneyland.
Is there a Ceremony planned at DLR? Or is this just an overview of Disney 100?

Cmdr_Crimson

Not sure if anyone has heard but, apparently a bunch of Epcot music playing in the esplanade at Disneyland. Such as Ellen's Energy Adventure, Journey into Imagination, Test Track.. Here's the loop..

wtyy21

Here's interesting article from Attractions Magazine about the differences between Disney 100th anniversary (the birth of what to be known as The Walt Disney Company) this year and another Disney 100th anniversary (celebrating the birth of Walt Disney) in 2001, because folks keep saying Disney 100th anniversary this year as "Disney 100 Years of Magic" instead of more appropriate "Disney 100 Years of Wonder", even on social media.

MagicHappens1971

I’m wondering if once the 50th concludes there will be 100th banners and “offerings” for the 100th. Or if this “celebration” will remain just at Disneyland. Choosing the new Epcot show to celebrate the 100th is odd

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m wondering if once the 50th concludes there will be 100th banners and “offerings” for the 100th. Or if this “celebration” will remain just at Disneyland. Choosing the new Epcot show to celebrate the 100th is odd
It seems they knew to leave HEA alone. Having already replaced it once with a subpar 50th not-really-50th show left a bad taste in a lot of guests' mouths.

Also, putting it in EPCOT is the perfect cover for trashing the Harmonious barges that were supposed to be permanent.

Kamikaze

I would argue that Dumbo the ride is far more iconic than either the movie or character that it derives from. Sometimes things transcend the source material.
Little known fact: Before the Pearl Harbor bombing, Time Magazine was going to make Dumbo the 'Mammal of the Year'.

I don't think its had the legs of the Princess story to really stay in the public lexicon, but it was an iconic character and movie.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Bob Iger also sent this message to D23 members.

Dear D23 Members –

A century after Walt and Roy Disney first opened for business in 1923, their remarkable legacy lives on in ways they never could have imagined.

Later tonight, we’ll premiere a very special commercial during the Super Bowl honoring 100 years of unrivaled storytelling and innovation, and I wanted to personally share it with all of you first.

For 100 years, Disney has provided joy and wonder for the whole world to enjoy. We’re honored to have created the moments that make your heart sing, your mind soar, your eyes teary, your stomach drop, and your imagination come alive, as you’ve embarked on so many incredible journeys with our stories and characters throughout your lives. You in particular, our most loyal and ardent fans, truly understand what it is to experience the magic of Disney.

Over the coming year, our Disney100 celebrations will give us the chance to say thank you to generations of fans, and to honor the brilliant storytellers whose talents and imagination created the exceptional achievements that make Disney such an enduring part of the global culture. We’ll have numerous opportunities for fans and families of all ages to relive their most beloved Disney memories and to delight in new content and experiences.

Walt once said, “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” That’s how I feel about this great company he started a century ago. We have a lot more magic to create, and I can’t wait to share it with the world.

So, as we commemorate our historic anniversary, I want to thank you for helping us carry forth the legacy that Walt inspired all those years ago. I hope you like this wonderful video, and we look forward to sharing more exciting Disney100 updates with you soon.

With gratitude,
Bob Iger

rhythmlife07

Dear D23 Members –

A century after Walt and Roy Disney first opened for business in 1923, their remarkable legacy lives on in ways they never could have imagined.

Later tonight, we’ll premiere a very special commercial during the Super Bowl honoring 100 years of unrivaled storytelling and innovation, and I wanted to personally share it with all of you first.

For 100 years, Disney has provided joy and wonder for the whole world to enjoy. We’re honored to have created the moments that make your heart sing, your mind soar, your eyes teary, your stomach drop, and your imagination come alive, as you’ve embarked on so many incredible journeys with our stories and characters throughout your lives. You in particular, our most loyal and ardent fans, truly understand what it is to experience the magic of Disney.

Over the coming year, our Disney100 celebrations will give us the chance to say thank you to generations of fans, and to honor the brilliant storytellers whose talents and imagination created the exceptional achievements that make Disney such an enduring part of the global culture. We’ll have numerous opportunities for fans and families of all ages to relive their most beloved Disney memories and to delight in new content and experiences.

Walt once said, “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” That’s how I feel about this great company he started a century ago. We have a lot more magic to create, and I can’t wait to share it with the world.

So, as we commemorate our historic anniversary, I want to thank you for helping us carry forth the legacy that Walt inspired all those years ago. I hope you like this wonderful video, and we look forward to sharing more exciting Disney100 updates with you soon.

With gratitude,
Bob Iger

Maybe I'm just a sucker, but I saw the little girl that looks like Mirabel at :04 and got emotional. There's another thread on here "why do we get emotional." I think it's that Disney allows us to be "young at heart" no matter our age, if we have kids, whatever our background is...

Magenta Panther

Dear D23 Members –

With gratitude,
Bob Iger

"Carry forth the legacy" oh har de har har. Walt's legacy wasn't to cut corners and not fix things and raise prices through the roof. Every time Iger compares what he did to what Walt did, he insults the man.

As for the video, too many Iger acquisitions, not enough real Disney.

Brian

I’m really sad that we aren’t also getting banners with inaccurate quotes.
Agreed, but as Walt himself once said: "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a complete lack of banners for the Disney 100 celebration may be the best thing in the world for you."

ETA: He really was a forward thinker, wasn't he?

ToTBellHop

Agreed, but as Walt himself once said: "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a complete lack of banners for the Disney 100 celebration may be the best thing in the world for you."

ETA: He really was a forward thinker, wasn't he?
Visionary. I was just watching the old episode of Disneyland where Walt describes his vision for a water ride through a salt mine filled with a family-run beet farm co-op. So happy that dream will soon be realized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom