Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

UNCgolf

In case if anyone was wondering here is a full list of film/IPs from the advertisement:
- Encanto
- Sleeping Beauty*(Audio as well, They say if your dream it more than once)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Live-action Beauty and the Beast (Audio only, Think of the one place you always wanted to see) (Seen later)
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
- Zootopia
- Coco
- Shanghai Disneyland?
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse*
- Fantasia/The Sorcerer's Apprentice*
- Cinderella*
- Princess and the Frog
- Peter Pan*
- Walt Disney * (Audio as well)
- Steamboat Willie*
- Mulan*
- The Lion King*
- Live-action Cinderella
- Wall-E
- Cars*
- Old Yeller*
- The Mighty Ducks*
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Dumbo*
- Pinocchio*
- Mary Poppins* (Audio as well)
- Alice in Wonderland*
- Live-action Alice in Wonderland
- Live-action The Lion King
- Frozen II
- Soul (Audio only, "Life Is Full Of Possibilities")
- Toy Story*
- Black Panther
- Iron Man*ish
- Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
- Captain America: The First Avenger
- The Avengers
- Avengers: Endgame (Audio only, "The world is in our hands")
- Thor: Ragnarok
- Moana
- Toy Story 3 or 4
- Aladdin* (Genie's sketch)
- Disney Parks
- The Mandalorian
- Inside Out
- Live-action The Little Mermaid
- Broadway Lion King*
- Tangled
By my count 49 unique films/IPs were uniquely represented throughout the advertisement. (Possibly 50, never seen The Mighty Ducks so not sure if the clip after it is from the same film). * = older than 15 years, Iron Man will be turning 15 later this year. In my opinion they did a good job highlighting the company with various old school picks (Old Yeller especially) acting as bastions for the classic media, alongside with clips featuring the Parks and even their theatrical productions! Above all the various clips of those inspired by Disney in their costumes and cons, or meeting a character warmed my heart.

The brief scene after The Mighty Ducks was a football movie. I'm not positive but my guess is it was Remember the Titans.

yensidtlaw1969

For a Super Bowl commercial it sure looked like it was edited in iMovie . . .

I didn't have any big expectations, but you'd think they'd go a little bigger than stringing together a bunch of second-long clips as if to say "Remember these??"

Do they really not know how to do more than a clip show?

doctornick

It also feels like "cheating" by including the acquired properties like Avatar, Marvel and Star Wars. I enjoy all three of those franchises, but they aren't at all what comes to mind when I think of "Disney."
To their credit, it seems like they only included films that they themselves produced from those properties not ones that were made by other companies.

The commercial is about the Disney company, not the Disney brand which is only a smaller segment of the company

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has created a life-like hologram of Walt Disney for the Disney100 museum exhibition -

"As part of its 100th anniversary marketing-palooza, the Walt Disney Company used archival video and artificial intelligence tools to create a lifelike hologram of its founder — a full-size digital avatar that speaks in Walt’s voice and appears as part of interactive exhibitions of Disney artwork, props and costumes that will tour the globe until at least 2028.

“I get goose bumps every time I see it,” said Becky Cline, director of the Disney Archives."

brb1006

Surprised there wasn't a clip of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, since it's Disney's first full-length feature film. Maybe since its copyright is expiring in 10 years Disney feels it's not a property worth promoting as much anymore?
They forgot Bambi and Pinocchio.

brb1006

Disney has created a life-like hologram of Walt Disney for the Disney100 museum exhibition -

"As part of its 100th anniversary marketing-palooza, the Walt Disney Company used archival video and artificial intelligence tools to create a lifelike hologram of its founder — a full-size digital avatar that speaks in Walt’s voice and appears as part of interactive exhibitions of Disney artwork, props and costumes that will tour the globe until at least 2028.

“I get goose bumps every time I see it,” said Becky Cline, director of the Disney Archives."

Paywalled

TheMaxRebo

I feel like we are getting closer and closer to Kingdom Keepers being a reality

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I’m still mad over Avatar being included in the montage ad. I wanted Disney to sell off 20th Century and its IP, so the Lachlan Murdoch-run Fox Corp. can buy it, and bring 20th Century Fox back. I thought that with Iger saying that Disney offloading Hulu is "on the table", there could be a chance.

MagicHappens1971

I’m still mad over Avatar being included in the montage ad. I wanted Disney to sell off 20th Century and its IP, so the Lachlan Murdoch-run Fox Corp. can buy it, and bring 20th Century Fox back. I thought that with Iger saying that Disney offloading Hulu is "on the table", there could be a chance.
Disney is not selling Fox, or Hulu. I don’t know why people keep insinuating this. What obsession does anyone have or care for 20th Century Fox? On the off chance Disney chose to sell off 20th and its affiliates, they would probably retain the rights to Avatar.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Disney is not selling Fox, or Hulu. I don’t know why people keep insinuating this. What obsession does anyone have or care for 20th Century Fox? On the off chance Disney chose to sell off 20th and its affiliates, they would probably retain the rights to Avatar.
I wouldn’t mind if they kept Avatar, Ice Age, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Night at the Museum, and Cheaper By The Dozen, since the former one has a Disney Parks presence and the latter four have Disney+-exclusive stuff.

And for your information, Iger has been hinting at selling Disney’s stake in Hulu recently during the company's earnings report. Look it up. There are news reports on it.

MagicHappens1971

I wouldn’t mind if they kept Avatar, Ice Age, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Night at the Museum, and Cheaper By The Dozen, since the former one has a Disney Parks presence and the latter four have Disney+-exclusive stuff.

And for your information, Iger has been hinting at selling Disney’s stake in Hulu recently during the company's earnings report. Look it up. There are news reports on it.
I’m aware that Iger has said “anything is on the table”, I’m also aware that Iger has to say whatever will keep the shareholders happy. I think it’s more likely that they would sell Hulu, as they can migrate all their content to Disney+ without merging the two. They’re not going to sell Fox, they just spent billions purchasing it and selling off parts they weren’t interested in

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom