Disneyland's Summer Nightastic!! Starts June 12, 2009

TP2000

I saw the new dragon tonight from just left of center stage, and it looks great! It's one of those things that can't be done justice by a YouTube video. In person it looks much more impressive and even scary.

This is another huge improvement for Fantasmic at Disneyland, on top of all of the other technical upgrades and new additions added over the last two years.

Murphy is a HUGE improvement over the original 1990's dragon.

Disneyland's Fantasmic has never looked better or more incredible.

sponono88

Original Poster
I saw the new dragon tonight from just left of center stage, and it looks great! It's one of those things that can't be done justice by a YouTube video. In person it looks much more impressive and even scary.

This is another huge improvement for Fantasmic at Disneyland, on top of all of the other technical upgrades and new additions added over the last two years.

Murphy is a HUGE improvement over the original 1990's dragon.

Disneyland's Fantasmic has never looked better or more incredible.

thanks for the report! Murphy looks great in the videos, i'm sure it is even more amazing in person. can't wait to see her Friday!

it will look even better when she's able to breathe fire :)

fun facts about the dragon, as posted on mouseinfo.com:
At her highest, Maleficent dragon stands 45 feet tall. She contracts to 22 feet tall when she hides underneath the Fantasmic stage. She is also 32 feet wide and weighs approximately 18,000 pounds. It takes her 35 seconds to rise on her custom-built elevator.

Tri-color LED lighting fixtures put the gleam in the dragon's eyes. She breaths a plume of fire 35 feet long, lighting the Rivers of America for 25 seconds during the show.

The dragon is controlled and monitored by four computer systems. The mechanic animation is acheived via 18 axes of motion which enable a wide range of movement in her eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, neck, wings and body.

Nightly presentations of Fantasmic! have been extended through September 7 and will continue Fri-Sat-Sun perofrmances during the holiday period in 2009.

Mukta

I saw her tonight breathing fire. The crowd went wild when the dragon appeared and even wilder when the fire breathing effect worked. Great energy in the air. It felt like everyone was celelbrating together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom