Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

shambolicdefending

Ops had to decide: empty the queue until that part of the preshow was fixed, or, have guests skip it.

Anyone who complained to guests services got the usual compensation.

If the stretching room for HM wasn't working, would you have Ops close down HM completely, or have guests skip it?
I agree that working around the 101 part of the ride is probably preferable to shutting the whole thing down.

But, only giving fair compensation to the guests that proactively complain is very poor customer service by Disney standards. It also feeds the overall whiner culture that Disney CMs say they struggle so much with.

Castle Cake Apologist

If the stretching room for HM wasn't working, would you have Ops close down HM completely, or have guests skip it?

Well, I'm pretty sure a stretching room being down still necessitates a 101 on HM. Regardless, I would have Ops close the attraction. Show used to matter.

What is the point of experiencing an attraction that you missed all of the set up for?

Last edited:

Phroobar

Well, I'm pretty sure a stretching room being down still necessitates a 101 on HM. Regardless, I would have Ops close the attraction. Show used to matter.

What is the point of experiencing an attraction that you missed all of the set up for?
How would they even run the Haunted Mansion without the stretching room? Unlike MK, you need it to get underneath the train tracks.

Castle Cake Apologist

I was thinking of Orlando's version in which there is no change of elevation for the guests.

As was I. To my knowledge, SOP still dictates (on either coast) that the attraction be 101 if the stretching rooms are not working. It's a pretty major part of the attraction, even where Ops is concerned. Pre-shows are there for a reason, both from a show and Operations standpoint.

Ismael Flores

Yes, it happened for a short while.

Ops had to decide: empty the queue until that part of the preshow was fixed, or, have guests skip it.

Anyone who complained to guests services got the usual compensation.

well normally at Disneyland they close HM if that happens, I know WDW sometimes doesn't care and they just leave the doors open and let people walk thru the stretching room.

In this case i guess with the demand it makes sense, it would be ideal if they told the guests. This is like watching a movie but only seeing the second act and it is nothing like just skipping the stretching room in HM. This rides whole story is set up in the preshow and first act.

I am glad that people did get compensated because according to people on twitter and the small Orlando article i read that was not the case. I am guessing that only those that went directly to guest relation got compensated but it is not go practice. It would have been easy to give those guests a fastpass for another attraction or if possible for future ride on the same attraction.

Last edited:

xbrutalitorx

Any word on how the CM previews are going?

I will be there the next few days I’m curious how it is working. Is there any chance if I can somehow find a CM who has a spare plus one if I would be able to ride or if they had to be invited before.

A million to one long shot but I figured worth a shot since I’m at the park already.

mickEblu

Yes, come! Let’s all meet up. I’m serious.

I think when we finally do this we need to have shirts with our profile names on the front. Then on the back it should say WDW Magic with the following in quotation marks. “ A hive of miserable bastards and overly-critical a-holes who think they know everything.”

4FD3501F-5622-42C2-8927-75525EF091F9.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom